Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The current production window for your Model X is scheduled to begin in Early June. With the current trend I’m seeing, I’d expect a 3-6 weeks in the factory, followed by a week or so at my Salt Lake City service center for final quality assurance and confirmation and detail.

I'll start here, and be glad if I can move to the June thread (or sad if I get moved back to the as-yet-created August thread).

Me too @Rove. Modelxtracker shows 55 VIN's assigned in April. There remains one 5 seater in Chicago that @Darryl has not been able to confirm as real. So, we 5 seat reservists are no closer to knowing when TM will start production for us instead of 6-7 domestic and international 90D and P90D's. Here is the question we all want to ask...will 90D 5 seater's see the light of day before any 75D 6-7 seaters? Which one will be made first?
May have answered my own question as some reserver in NY downgraded his 90D to 75D (7 seater) and has a VIN assignment on 4/10.

Just checked ModelXTracker and it look like there is an entry for 2nd 5 seater in assembly. Not sure if its real. Maybe @Darryl can verify.

VIN 53**, 90D, 6 seat, premium. Today I received the following email from my DS:

"Great news! Your Model X has been queued for production!

ESTIMATING YOUR DELIVERY WINDOW

Your Model X has been sequenced to begin production the week of 5/16/16. Once we get closer to production, I will contact you to follow up on any action items that need to be completed.

Please let me know if you have any scheduling restrictions, a planned trip, and/or extended times of unavailability in the coming months – June/July.

PLEASE NOTE: It is normal for production timing to shift as we revise schedules and source parts to create your custom build your vehicle.
"
Congratulations - I'm pretty sure your CA location helped... I have not gotten any notification about being in production... My DS says it's still in the production queue....I actually thought about taking delivery in CA and driving to East coast... then I had a glass of wine and got over it.:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: systemcrashed
FYI - My neighbor put in a reservation several years ago and confirmed in January for a 75d. She rec'd a call yesterday from Tesla indicating that is she ungraded to the air suspension (for $1200, which is discounted because I believe it was $2500?), then she could deliver in June-July, rather than the end of the year.

FYI - My neighbor put in a reservation several years ago and confirmed in January for a 75d. She rec'd a call yesterday from Tesla indicating that is she ungraded to the air suspension (for $1200, which is discounted because I believe it was $2500?), then she could deliver in June-July, rather than the end of the year.
How can Tesla keep saying stuff like this when there are plenty of 90D 6/7-seat folks who don't even have a VIN yet!! I am all for everything that was said right up until the June-July piece. There is no way a 75D will be delivered in June, and little to no chance of July. Ugh!!! I hope Tesla can prove me wrong!

Last edited:
How can Tesla keep saying stuff like this when there are plenty of 90D 6/7-seat folks who don't even have a VIN yet!! I am all for everything that was said right up until the June-July piece. There is no way a 75D will be delivered in June, and little to no chance of July. Ugh!!! I hope Tesla can prove me wrong!

I know right, they told me the same thing for the 90D so I upgraded and I am still waiting

Looks like I might as well park myself in this thread, I spoke to my DS today and a "conservative" estimate now puts my delivery in July. Production is estimated to start last week of May. If they are going to rush things for Q2 numbers I'd ask for them to make up for the delay by using closed truck transport rather than rail. That would be the only way I'd still have a chance for June.

When did you upgrade and when did they promise delivery for you?
Well, full disclosure, its not me who is getting the MX, I am buying a Model S from a guy getting a Model X 90D. But we agreed that I will not take possession of his MS until he gets close to receiving his MX. He is a wonderful gentleman, and I do not fault him in the least. He was told by his DS back in March that if he changed his order from 5 to 6 seats, he could "take delivery in April/May". He made the change in April and still does not have a VIN.... So his wait is effectively my wait.

If this adds anything of value to the X delivery conversation...My nephew & his wife ordered a MX 70D 6 seater coil suspension on March 19th in Decatur, GA store after their test drive. At that time, they were given a rough estimate of "mid-late 2016" delivery. Since then they've upgraded to 75 & now to air suspension. Recently they were assigned a DS, who yesterday gave them a July delivery estimate.