Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X July Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by my DS today that I'm estimated to go into Production July 25th. He did say, recently, he has seen a lot of orders go into Production a few days to a week earlier than what is estimated in their system and that Production speed and quality has significantly improved over the last two months. He said he would keep me updated, but probably will not be hearing much for another few weeks. If the estimated date stays somewhat accurate, I don't see how It will finish and be delivered by the end of July. I'm probably looking at an August delivery...

hmm maybe i might see mine in july after all if your 118 and im 112 this kinda makes me feel better

Yes, maybe...but as I've been told a few times on these forums, production does not seem to be based on VINs. It does seem like they batch colors, as there seem to be a lot of red Xs getting delivered recently, but that's speculation just based on observation, no real evidence or numbers behind that.

This is mostly true. There are exceptions for the states that don't allow Tesla to sell there, for example, Arizona. Legally, in those cases the car is technically sold to the customer prior to delivery and Tesla ships the customer's car to them. (i.e. They don't "sell" any cars in those states.)

Interesting. I wonder if they counted mine as delivered since I am in Texas. I signed into MyTesla and it shows all steps complete and in the details it lists the wire transfer for full amount today 6/30 (from Alliant). Last I heard it is on its way via rail.

I got an email from my DS that the MX was in paint. Any idea what is next and how long before it completes the assembly line?

Take a look at the older post of mine and the YouTube video..
Nope, paint is the FIRST stage after the body shell is welded together. Everything else gets assembled onto it after that.
I the factory they have MANY (as in over 100) shells that are already painted, hanging on tracks above the production floor, waiting to go through the final assembly line.

Take a look at this video..

Interesting. I wonder if they counted mine as delivered since I am in Texas. I signed into MyTesla and it shows all steps complete and in the details it lists the wire transfer for full amount today 6/30 (from Alliant). Last I heard it is on its way via rail.

if they got the check i dont see why they wouldnt count it as delivered

understandable BUT the whole reason to hit quarterly numbers is for shareholders and share price .while i agree with you it should not be counted until the paperwork is signed however if the goal is to make numbers for shareholders and stock price .. then yes after they got paid for it its counts because it would be money that was brought in.

understandable BUT the whole reason to hit quarterly numbers is for shareholders and share price .while i agree with you it should not be counted until the paperwork is signed however if the goal is to make numbers for shareholders and stock price .. then yes after they got paid for it its counts because it would be money that was brought in.

No, it does not count for Q2. Even though Tesla has the money, they will not recognize the revenue until it is delivered. It will help their Q2 cash flow, but will be a Q3 delivery.

From Tesla' 2014 10-K:

"Revenue is recognized when (i) persuasive evidence of an arrangement exists; (ii) delivery has occurred and there are no uncertainties regarding customer acceptance; (iii) fees are fixed or determinable; and (iv) collection is reasonably assured."

No, it does not count for Q2. Even though Tesla has the money, they will not recognize the revenue until it is delivered. It will help their Q2 cash flow, but will be a Q3 delivery.

From Tesla' 2014 10-K:

"Revenue is recognized when (i) persuasive evidence of an arrangement exists; (ii) delivery has occurred and there are no uncertainties regarding customer acceptance; (iii) fees are fixed or determinable; and (iv) collection is reasonably assured."
Exactly correct. To add to this, check the press release from every quarter. It includes this language: "There may be small changes to the Q1 delivery count (usually well under 1%), as Tesla only counts a delivery if it is transferred to the end customer and all paperwork is correct."

Tesla doesn't want undelivered cars at the end of the quarter. My understanding (limited, I'm not an accountant) is that the cashflow is offset by a liability on the balance sheet and the value of the car is in the "finished goods inventory" number as opposed to revenue.

@Oloron I was told midday yesterday that my X was still at the factory waiting in line for a truck. They said that fewer trucks are going because of the holiday Monday but hopefully either today or Tuesday it will leave. They said estimated arrival of mine is between the 4th and 11th but hopefully this Thursday or Friday. Maybe the same applies to your X. Heard anything? Might be worth seeing what's up because they said something when I called about seeing if they could expedite it.

at the factory waiting in line for a truck
My DS just said mine had been transported to the West Coast Rail Hub this week, so I am guessing 3 more weeks until delivery in Tysons, VA. I am surprised they would expedite some, but good for you as you have been waiting a bit longer than me. DS did confirm mine entered production 6/20 as well, finished sometime early this week or late last presumably.

@Oloron I was told midday yesterday that my X was still at the factory waiting in line for a truck. They said that fewer trucks are going because of the holiday Monday but hopefully either today or Tuesday it will leave. They said estimated arrival of mine is between the 4th and 11th but hopefully this Thursday or Friday. Maybe the same applies to your X. Heard anything? Might be worth seeing what's up because they said something when I called about seeing if they could expedite it.

I don't have any updates. Last I talked to anyone was Monday and our X was still in CA then. I was planning on checking with them on Tuesday. The final inspection/appraisal of our trade-in is scheduled for the morning of the 5th and the last time I talked to them they said they'd likely know more after the 4th, so I figured that would be a good time to see what's up.

Sorry to hear yours hadn't left CA as of yesterday! I'll let you know if I get any info.

My DS just said mine had been transported to the West Coast Rail Hub this week, so I am guessing 3 more weeks until delivery in Tysons, VA. I am surprised they would expedite some, but good for you as you have been waiting a bit longer than me. DS did confirm mine entered production 6/20 as well, finished sometime early this week or late last presumably.
I hope they don't do this to mine but they probably will. They said "see if". Probably won't happen

Ah, DuplexDianne, your magic potion was requesting a 7 seater. That moved you to the head of the line, even though your order was for the 75D battery pack, a much less expensive configuration than the 90D battery pack on my order. Given that your reservation # was around 13.5 K, and mine was at around 8.3K, I suspect that the 5 seat configuration is the kiss of doom for early arrival of any Model X. You accelerated right past me, and I live 15 miles from the Tesla factory. Let's hear back from you if your hoped for early July delivery turns out to be true, or gets pushed back by the Tesla production reality line blues. Good luck!

From Tesla's Q2 release:

"Due to the extreme production ramp in Q2 and the high mix of customer-ordered vehicles still on trucks and ships at the end of the quarter, Tesla Q2 deliveries were lower than anticipated at 14,370 vehicles, consisting of 9,745 Model S and 4,625 Model X. In total, 5,150 customer-ordered vehicles were still in transit at the end of the quarter and will be delivered in early Q3. That amount was higher than expected (there were 2,615 vehicles in transit to customers at the end of Q1) and is more than a third of the number of cars that completed delivery in Q2."

Hopefully this means many of your cars are on the way :)

• Informative
Reactions: felddy