Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X June Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today. No issues noted with the car. Firmware 2.24.30 so expect an update in next while.

Stuff with the car: Sunshade. Hitch is now in a fitted canvas case with Tesla branding and a handle. Pigtail for brake controller. Front plate mount. UMC bag with 6-15, 14-50, and J1772 adapters. QuickStart guide. Cup holder inserts, phone charger inserts. Towing eye.

Swag: two Tesla ballpoints - really heavy nice ones. Tesla umbrella. Two Tesla lapel pins. Black Tesla T mug. Heavy paper gift bag. No fob pockets.

Impressions: doors seem to be working well. More power than my 2013 S85 is noticeable. More stable than the single motor S. Better front visibility. Rear visibility marginal, not because of the seat (mine has no middle seat and I keep row 3 folded) but the tinting of the rear glass and the narrowing top to bottom makes it seem both dim in the mirror and narrow in the vertical. I have no concern about the fixed spoiler as it is much thinner than, for example, a Prius'. Subwoofer on premium sound system is plenty powerful.

I can't yet figure out the phone charger install, but am sure I will find a video or something.

About reflections in front window. Yes in certain lighting there is visible reflection of the grill, not mitigated by seating position. I'm not bothered by it. Also, the A pillar and HVAC vents reflect on the side, which is also true in the Model S. Black headliner reduces the A pillar reflection to nearly nil.
I too took delivery yesterday. Same firmware as Hengist. Really like the new packaging for the tow hitch, very classy to have it's own foam box inside a fitted bag. I believe it even has velcro on the outside to keep it from sliding around in the trunk.

I only got one pen, and one pin. Umbrella and mug seem of decent quality too, and are pretty damn cool. The mug will go well with the Darth Vader mug I got for Xmas last year. :p;)

Delivery experience was great. Sean (Shawn?) at the Seattle SoDo Service/Delivery Center did a decent job. Would have preferred to have my DS Marshall as he had to keep checking with him on due bill items (see below). In the time I was there 2 S's went out the door and there were a couple other X's being staged as well. The Seattle Service Center is a bit lacking for room so they had us all pretty crammed in there. Not like some I've seen where you get a whole room to yourself. Then again, being part of the end of quarter delivery rush probably didn't help on that front.

We found a couple VERY minor issues and one not so minor (more on that). I had to really pick nits with body panel alignment and found a few very minor issues. The driver side front quarter/bumper to be off a bit, the hood is about 1/8th to 1/4 inch off to one side, the passenger side FWD has a slightly larger gap between it and the front door, and there is a bit larger a gap on the rearmost chrome brightwork when viewed from the rear. There is also a very small ding in the paint just under the driver side door "handle" (boy is that term dead or what? ;) ). The somewhat large issue which was taken care of on the spot was a piece of trim on the driver side FWD that wasn't properly fastened and showed a large gap when open. Took a tech less than 5 minutes to fix it.

Doors working flawlessly so far. Trust me when I say I've been trying to confuse them too. I've had auto present both on and off and I've closed and opened them manually and with the brake pedal. I even left the drivers side open and walked in the house for a minute or so. Still working just fine. They also seem easier to manually close than I remember. I thought they would fight me more but they close pretty smoothly.

Driving experience is fantastic! What an amazing vehicle! Can't wait to log some serious seat time.

Cheers!

The home stretch is a LONG one. My DS said my car completed production last week and has been expecting delivery possibly yesterday, then updated to Thursday this week, but still confident before the end of the month, and they requested payment. Since I'm financing through Alliant and they wire the funds direct to Tesla, I had to go with what Tesla was telling me... they put June 27th on the MVPA, which is what Alliant bases there info on. Hopefully I'm not being foolish paying before receiving the car. They are so busy with deliveries I can't get ahold of my DS to get an update, and now that Tuesday is almost over and I still don't have an actual delivery time set, I'm getting nervous! <sigh>

It's all relative, I should stop worrying about it, but it's tough when you're so excited to get it! :D Fingers crossed for June delivery. My car at least exists, it just has to make it to Portland and get checked over by the swamped SC. At least, that's what I keep telling myself, in between voicemails to my poor, beleaguered DS.

• Funny
Reactions: TimsRunnin
Picked my MX 90D up from Paramus yesterday. Great experience, staff were awesome. They spent over an hour and half going thru all settings and functions of the vehicle in detail.

Almost everything about my car is perfect -- very very happy with the build quality. I went over every single exterior panel in detail, no panel was misaligned, no imperfections in the paint whatsoever. The falcon wing doors are so cool. I was initially skeptical but after experiencing them I am total fan. The naysayers be damned, Elon was right, the falcon wings are amazing and I'm so glad my car has them.

I'm still deciding on if I prefer the windshield or not, as they are the only issue -- ghosting is very obvious. While it's not as bad for *me* as some have described (it didn't make me dizzy whatsoever), it will need to be fixed. The size is simultaneously awe-inspiring and a bit annoying (given the option, I think I might prefer a normal visor panel which blocks the sun completely and holds my sunglasses).

Summarized, I can only echo what everyone else is saying. This car is amazing, I wouldn't trade it for most anything (save my loved ones). It's that good.

Well, there goes this Thursday. Sadly something with my car did not pass the final inspections at the factory and it had to go back in for repair. They're estimating arrival in Portland on the 5th now. I guess I'll have to move to the July thread, and enjoy this opportunity to tone my patience muscles. So long June thread.

• Disagree
Reactions: Brandon332
Hi All!

This is my very first post! My husband and I are excited to join the forum and just wanted to share some deets with everyone :)

Reserved on 4/4/16
Ordered April 12th
VIN assigned June 7th - 108xx
We got notification of production on 6/23

75D, Obsidian Black
22 '' Onyx
6 seater
PUP
SAS

We are so excited and check our e-mail constantly for contact from our DS :D

UPDATE - we were told that it won't be ready until after July 4th weekend but just got word from our DS today that we can pick up our car this Thursday!!!! We are so excited!!!!

Reactions: GSP and justdoit
Woo hoo!! MX Vin 43xx picked up in Northern VA at Tyco SC on Saturday 18 June. Took my three daughters ages 14 to 30 along as fellow inspectors, testers, questioners. Divided the TMC Checklist among them and I gawked while they proofed. Zero issues. Zero.

90D Six Seat Pearl White Tan with light headliner 20" wheels Obeche wood Autopilot Premium Interior/Standard sound, accessory hitch.

15 miles at delivery.

Note: The first Model X I have ever seen in real life was mine.

Ten Day Report:
1. I love this car. There is nothing I would change about the configuration or the pre-delivery choices I made.
2. I am 6' 4" and worried if I would fit comfortably. Needless worry-- no issues. The seats, the adjustable wheel, the lumbar supports are all perfect for me.
3. Huge interior with six seats. I run with third row down, so there are zero headrests in the way of rear view. In traffic I run with rear camera on in top half of display, eliminating blind spots. When a car disappears from camera it is visible next to me.
4. FWD work well in my garage where they reliably open all the way or partially depending on whether the garage door is open or shut. If garage is open, the garage door is overhead on the tracks and the FWD only opens partially (but enough to get in and out). Overall FWD have had zero glitches. We are a family of geeky engineers so we did systematic trials to learn how and what triggers door sensors. FWD perform reliably.
5. Panoramic windshield is awesome. Tint is fine for sunniest day in N VA. Sunscreen coming in the mail.
6. Autopilot trials completed successfully on parkways and Wash DC beltway. I have pretty much learned what kind of roadway up ahead with make HAL (our autopilot) get nervous, so I take control before HAL gets the jitters. Upcoming 2000 mile round trip weekend of July Fourth will test HAL's endurance.
7. TMC Shoutout: my windshield washer didn't work. Topped it off, but still no joy. Consulted TMC Forum for insights before I called SC. A good thing I did. Forum post said to make sure you push the button in past the first stop all the way to the second stop to make the sprayer work. Hah! Problem solved!
8. Acceleration: Glad I didn't shell out $30K for Performance plus Ludicrous. My plain old 90D has more kick than any car I have ever driven. Would wallop the Mustang 302 or Porsche I had when I was young.
9. Quiet. No squeaks, groans, bangs or clunks. No wind. Just the 21st Century Whirr of Electric Horses squishing me into my seat.
10. Always More Surprises. I love that this car has a long list of features I don't even know exist now, but that I am sure to stumble upon in the days and weeks ahead!

All of my doubts about quality have been alleviated. This car looks great, the fit and finish are perfect, everything works, it handles like it's glued to the road, and --easy to forget-- "No Smoking"!

Ludicrous Speed Delivery in MD

Paid deposit on a P90DL with *everything* except the 22" wheels, Black on Black, 6 seat on May 8th.

Confirmation on May 15th.

VIN issued is 84xx

The car is ready for pickup this Friday June 30th in Rockville, MD.

Not even 60 days from deposit to pickup date... They also didn't notify me it was in production, finished, or being transported. I thought these notices were all part of the fun?

Now I have to scramble to open a gap in my schedule. I thought the car would be early August... So I am grossly overbooked. Ach!!!

Careful when you place your order. At the rate they seem to be moving I fear they will soon be delivering in 30 minutes or less.

3 month delivery? What a tease...

Charles

Ludicrous Speed Delivery in MD

Paid deposit on a P90DL with *everything* except the 22" wheels, Black on Black, 6 seat on May 8th.

Confirmation on May 15th.

VIN issued is 84xx

The car is ready for pickup this Friday June 30th in Rockville, MD.

Not even 60 days from deposit to pickup date... They also didn't notify me it was in production, finished, or being transported. I thought these notices were all part of the fun?

Now I have to scramble to open a gap in my schedule. I thought the car would be early August... So I am grossly overbooked. Ach!!!

Careful when you place your order. At the rate they seem to be moving I fear they will soon be delivering in 30 minutes or less.

3 month delivery? What a tease...

Charles

Congrats! Your update gives me some hope for July delivery. The fact that you have an 8xxx VIN and are now taking delivery seems to indicate that 8-series VINs are mostly all completed through Production and/or in process for being delivered. That probably means that 9xxx VINs and maybe even some 10xxx are now entering and/or completing production. I wonder if anyone with a 9xxx VIN has been scheduled for delivery yet...?

Assuming at most 1000 Model Xs are produced each week (best case I think is 50% of total Tesla weekly Production)...every 1000 vehicles should cover each next incremental series of VINs. If the 8xxx VINs are starting to get delivered, 9xxx VINs are probably completing Production as we speak, which means 10xxx and 11xxx VINs are probably in line to begin Production soon (next couple of weeks?).

I'm clearly reading way to much into the "tea leaves" and probably way off with my optimism...but hey, I need something to do and be excited about until I get to touch my X. :D

The fact that you have an 8xxx VIN and are now taking delivery seems to indicate that 8-series VINs are mostly all completed through

Not so fast.. Email from my DS just a few minutes ago about my VIN 73XX 90D said "Its finishing production in the next couple of days, and we should get word of it ready to ship soon!"..

So, as this and other threads have clearly shown, Model X vehicles are no where being produced in VIN order!

Hey folks. My first post on here. I'm getting my X tomorrow after what has seemed like eternity. But let me start by thanking each one of you on this forum. Just reading and listening to everyones experiences helps get one through the waiting period a lot easier. And whats really cool is how everyone is really happy when a fellow forum member gets their car. A very cool group here.

Reserved: Oct 2013 (#6200)
Ordered: March 31st, 2016
Confirmed: April 7th, 2016
VIN Assigned: May 24th, 2016 (#8724)
MVPA states 8/28 Delivery.
Build: 75D, SAS, 22 Inch Wheels, 7 Seat config, Upgraded Sound, Carbon fiber interior and upgraded paint. Black on Black. Sub Zero.

I'm based in Boston, MA picking up in Dedham. Will post again tomorrow with further notes. Cheers everyone.

Hey folks. My first post on here. I'm getting my X tomorrow after what has seemed like eternity. But let me start by thanking each one of you on this forum. Just reading and listening to everyones experiences helps get one through the waiting period a lot easier. And whats really cool is how everyone is really happy when a fellow forum member gets their car. A very cool group here.

Reserved: Oct 2013 (#6200)
Ordered: March 31st, 2016
Confirmed: April 7th, 2016
VIN Assigned: May 24th, 2016 (#8724)
MVPA states 8/28 Delivery.
Build: 75D, SAS, 22 Inch Wheels, 7 Seat config, Upgraded Sound, Carbon fiber interior and upgraded paint. Black on Black. Sub Zero.

I'm based in Boston, MA picking up in Dedham. Will post again tomorrow with further notes. Cheers everyone.
Welcome to the forum and have fun tomorrow, you will not regret the wait.

Not so fast.. Email from my DS just a few minutes ago about my VIN 73XX 90D said "Its finishing production in the next couple of days, and we should get word of it ready to ship soon!"..

So, as this and other threads have clearly shown, Model X vehicles are no where being produced in VIN order!

Somewhere in the background I just heard a bubble burst...thanks @DiveDeep ;):D

• Funny
Reactions: ccutrer
Received 90D Vin #81XX today in Ohio. No issues. Extremely impressed. Everything was as it should of been and I went over it with a fine tooth comb. Weird is I swear this has a lot more power then 4k under vin numbers. A few times it wanted to turn all 4s over. In my head or possible battery or something changed as the news makes up?

Someone on the TM forum reported delivery of VIN 9004 yesterday, Still problems with Model X? | Tesla Motors so we all must agree that VIN delivery does not equal actual number of cars successfully manufactured and into customer hands. The delivery number is the numerator we are all trying to figure out. Just cant figure out how many VINs have been skipped over or will fail to materialize into deliveries this quarter...