Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@K-MTG my VIN is in my sig 39XX
I can't remember who was asking about the spoiler. Someone maybe on another thread was asking if the spoiler moves. Yes the spoiler on the production X is an active spoiler. It goes up, as you go fast and as you slow down or park or lock the car the spoiler will retract.

Thanks for the info, too the sig isn't visible on the mobile site on my iPhone

Reactions: sflecarfan
I'm sorry its going to be more waiting. Take heart in knowing that with how much they are really checking cars now that your car will be better because of the wait.

Sflecarfan---awesome photos and best of luck with your new vehicle! (sure wish there was a blue one with white interior in the lot though).

Please keep us posted with your driving experiences.....

Reactions: sflecarfan
@K-MTG my VIN is in my sig 39XX
I can't remember who was asking about the spoiler. Someone maybe on another thread was asking if the spoiler moves. Yes the spoiler on the production X is an active spoiler. It goes up, as you go fast and as you slow down or park or lock the car the spoiler will retract.
That would be me asking about the spoiler. So you're saying it retracts just a bit at speed? Cool. Thanks.

Had my estimated delivery time changed twice on Monday. Tuesday my DS emailed me saying my MX (VIN 50xx) was finished and we could schedule delivery. My estimated delivery time was removed completely from the My Tesla website. Schedule to pick up at the Fremont factory (and doing the tour) at 4pm on Saturday, then making 5-6 hour road trip back to Humboldt county on Sunday. Not wasting time breaking the car in!

That would be me asking about the spoiler. So you're saying it retracts just a bit at speed? Cool. Thanks.

@goneskiian that's correct. While going through everything on the checklist I noticed when my husband was in the car and it turned on but was in park the spoiler was up, and when he got out and locked all the doors the spoiler went to sleep. So I asked Keem whether it was an active spoiler and he said yes. I mentioned there was a bit of confusion I think cause maybe some spoilers weren't moving. He said there is a setting inside on your screen where you can adjust how it behaves but it should be delivered in the active mode. If yours isn't moving and you have already tried changing the settings then I suggest a call to your SC.

Had my estimated delivery time changed twice on Monday. Tuesday my DS emailed me saying my MX (VIN 50xx) was finished and we could schedule delivery. My estimated delivery time was removed completely from the My Tesla website. Schedule to pick up at the Fremont factory (and doing the tour) at 4pm on Saturday, then making 5-6 hour road trip back to Humboldt county on Sunday. Not wasting time breaking the car in!
Congrats, good luck! I'm sure it will be a great experience.

My DS notified me yesterday that my MX vin 55XX is scheduled to be out of the factory in the week of 5/16. After that it is transport time (to Atl probably with rail) and prep.
He is expecting a delivery in first week of June.
I guess I have to wait for the June thread o_O

@goneskiian that's correct. While going through everything on the checklist I noticed when my husband was in the car and it turned on but was in park the spoiler was up, and when he got out and locked all the doors the spoiler went to sleep. So I asked Keem whether it was an active spoiler and he said yes. I mentioned there was a bit of confusion I think cause maybe some spoilers weren't moving. He said there is a setting inside on your screen where you can adjust how it behaves but it should be delivered in the active mode. If yours isn't moving and you have already tried changing the settings then I suggest a call to your SC.
Interesting. My DS told me active spoilers are only on the P90D version.
The 90D doesn't have an active spoiler which raises / lowers to impact downforce based on speed.
The spoiler does move down when you park the car, and goes up when you turn on the car in the non-P version.
I'll have to check when I get back home in a few weeks.

For what it's worth (which I think is nearly nothing), the Tesla employee who delivered my car said they were "currently delivering all spoilers the same" to "keep it simple". That implied that there would be a future change, but again.. I don't think any of us (or most at Tesla) know what's going to happen. For now, all spoilers are the same, regardless of the package.

Ok everyone please be patient with me I hope these pics post. I apologize in advance like I said I forgot my 5D Mark III so was left to take pics with my iPhone. The weather today was horrible! Thunderstorms all day.
Let me start by saying Markeem (Keem) was excellent. In fact he was beyond excellent. He is the DS you need. Once he became our DS he called us every step of the way. He greeted us warmly when we arrived and wasted no time took us to the back to meet our beauty. Coming from her speakers as we walked in was DMX's song "X is gonna give it to you". We couldn't help but laugh, it was definitely a fun intro. He then walked us through a full detailed orientation of the X. He inspected it with us and then left us to go through that checklist. He noted four items on the due bill all minor. We made sure to go through the car with a fine tooth comb! This vehicle is REMARKABLE!!! But you already knew that.
Ok so I'll skip the chit chat and post some pics. There were three X's being prepped in the room next door. One white (VIN 85X), one black and one red. The closest and next for delivery was the white one. Sorry I couldn't get the VINs on the other two. Outside in the service area were four X's but they all had tags so I assume they were there for seatgate or some other issues. In the lot which is out the street from the service center I counted 10 X's. The fence though chained has an opening large enough for me to fit through but you know...trespassing and all that legal stuff so I took pics from the outside.
Might I add my other half thought I was just a bit crazy demanding to stand in the rain and take pics of the cars on the lot.

View media item 114907View media item 114906View media item 114905View media item 114904View media item 114903View media item 114902

Which white is that in the first picture? I'm guess that's the base white?

The 90D doesn't have an active spoiler which raises / lowers to impact downforce based on speed.
The spoiler does move down when you park the car, and goes up when you turn on the car in the non-P version.

I have a 90D and the spoiler is indeed active. As many have reported it isn't supposed to have one, but they are delivering the spoilers active for now.

For what it's worth (which I think is nearly nothing), the Tesla employee who delivered my car said they were "currently delivering all spoilers the same" to "keep it simple". That implied that there would be a future change, but again.. I don't think any of us (or most at Tesla) know what's going to happen. For now, all spoilers are the same, regardless of the package.

I have a 90D and the spoiler is indeed active. As many have reported it isn't supposed to have one, but they are delivering the spoilers active for now.
Thanks for the follow up everyone!

@sflecarfan - Just to clarify, the active spoiler will also lower slightly (but not tuck all the way down as it does when the car "sleeps") when you exceed about 45 mph. This is the action that I believe actually indicates an active spoiler. Although, as @ohmman indicates, all spoilers are most likely the same at this time.

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out if I'll get the active one or not. My 90D is scheduled to go into production later this month. Not that it's REALLY all that important but a "like to have". ;)

• Informative
Reactions: asicguy
My Model X has a new scheduled delivery day (last was March 29 at the factory, cancelled by Tesla the night before): Saturday May 7 in Palo Alto, which is actually more convenient for me (switched from a factory pickup, due to no delivery slots at the factory being available until later next week).

I also switched from a purchase to a lease due to concerns about long-term reliability and resale value (due to all the well-documented problems with early Model X vehicles). If it all works out well I may end up purchasing it at some point...we'll see.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rarity
My Model X has a new scheduled delivery day (last was March 29 at the factory, cancelled by Tesla the night before): Saturday May 7 in Palo Alto, which is actually more convenient for me (switched from a factory pickup, due to no delivery slots at the factory being available until later next week).

I also switched from a purchase to a lease due to concerns about long-term reliability and resale value (due to all the well-documented problems with early Model X vehicles). If it all works out well I may end up purchasing it at some point...we'll see.

Keep in mind if you lease and decide to buy that same car later, you essentially lose the $7500 tax credit. They add it to the residual value of the car to bring the payments down a little but the residual value is also the purchase price of the car at the end lease if you choose to buy.

Thanks for the follow up everyone!

@sflecarfan - Just to clarify, the active spoiler will also lower slightly (but not tuck all the way down as it does when the car "sleeps") when you exceed about 45 mph. This is the action that I believe actually indicates an active spoiler. Although, as @ohmman indicates, all spoilers are most likely the same at this time.

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out if I'll get the active one or not. My 90D is scheduled to go into production later this month. Not that it's REALLY all that important but a "like to have". ;)

I have to second what @ohmman said when I pressed Keem for a more specific answer as to when its in what position and I said I thought only P90D was active he responded "actually in the end all the spoilers were made the same", but he also said it kind of emphasizing "right now", so I don't know if that means its going to change. It clearly sounded like this is not how it was intended to be. I can't check on my X for you right now because unfortunately she is being loved up, by the great team at The Sign Savers, who are doing a total Xpel from head to toe....er or should I say from wing to wing. Once I get her back I will let you know.