Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X May Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up VIN 3018 on Tuesday 6/31. They told me late May, delivered late May! No fit and finish or functional issues I could see. I started out with the checklist, but kind of abandoned it during the process just to enjoy it more, especially since everything seemed to look fine. Got the active spoiler, nice bag of swag, thorough walk through. Also, when I called the next day with a charger cord problem, a service guy was out at my house within the hour, swapped out the cord. Boom, done.

I picked up VIN 3018 on Tuesday 6/31. They told me late May, delivered late May! No fit and finish or functional issues I could see. I started out with the checklist, but kind of abandoned it during the process just to enjoy it more, especially since everything seemed to look fine. Got the active spoiler, nice bag of swag, thorough walk through. Also, when I called the next day with a charger cord problem, a service guy was out at my house within the hour, swapped out the cord. Boom, done.

oh active spoiler... maybe there is hope...mine did finish production 5/26... maybe it made it under the wire to get active spoiler...

oh active spoiler... maybe there is hope...mine did finish production 5/26... maybe it made it under the wire to get active spoiler...

@VABarb If you don't get it, I actually think it looks pretty good with the spoiler up, and it is another thing to break....I completed production sometime around May 5th and was VIN 3018. If you're anywhere near as happy with the vehicle as me, you are not going to be too down about the spoiler. Autosteer is awesome!

Reactions: WABarb
I took delivery May 28th. Week 1 is behind me at this point. I haven't found a single problem with the vehicle yet, which is in sharp contrast to the experience of owners who took delivery and reported on their experience here on these fora a few months ago.

The one thing I noticed: There's a due bill for a sun shade in the glove compartment, and the due bill I signed at delivery shows nothing due. So if you're taking delivery soon, look in the glove compartment for a due bill before signing the blank due bill at delivery. I'm sure they'll still get a sun shade to me (and frankly, I don't care one way or another at the moment).

The surprise winner for me in this car is Slacker. I'm coming from a 10 year old car with a CD changer and a cassette tape player. The ability to call up arbitrary music by voice is surprisingly compelling. I've had this one my phone and at my desk at work for a while now, so I'm surprised how pleasing it is to have it in my car.

Congratulations to all the new owners! How many of you been using checklists to look for issues prior to delivery? I read some where that the DS typically give only about an hour with the car prior to delivery. I am hopeful of June delivery so am trying to be prepared.

I used the checklist and it was super helpful. We spent two hours checking out the car and then had the on-site service guy take car of any little issues (like adhesive residue on the wheels). When I scheduled the pick up, the DS said something about one hour and I emailed back saying he should be prepared for it to take at least 2 hours. He was very helpful and patient and said, "You have every right to take as much time as you want to inspect the car before taking delivery".

Reactions: WABarb and F123456
I took delivery May 28th. Week 1 is behind me at this point. I haven't found a single problem with the vehicle yet, which is in sharp contrast to the experience of owners who took delivery and reported on their experience here on these fora a few months ago.

The one thing I noticed: There's a due bill for a sun shade in the glove compartment, and the due bill I signed at delivery shows nothing due. So if you're taking delivery soon, look in the glove compartment for a due bill before signing the blank due bill at delivery. I'm sure they'll still get a sun shade to me (and frankly, I don't care one way or another at the moment).

The surprise winner for me in this car is Slacker. I'm coming from a 10 year old car with a CD changer and a cassette tape player. The ability to call up arbitrary music by voice is surprisingly compelling. I've had this one my phone and at my desk at work for a while now, so I'm surprised how pleasing it is to have it in my car.

Yes! Slacker is awesome!

Reactions: jhcw
Jayman, My x (vin 41xx) came in on train with yours and also sitting at Villa Park. DS told me that a batch of them arrived with factory instructions about a needed fix by service center to seats (I presume the third row seat recall) and that they were waiting to get parts delivered from factory to fix. He also said that they are overwhelmed by 30 or so X's that came in at same time and are short staffed. I've stopped at the SC and did see a number of new X's there (but no where close to 30) including my own that had a "SC repair" sticker on windshield. He's not committing to a delivery time to me either and I think he's had enough of my inquiring "when". So basically I'm getting same story you are.

I'm sure mine has some repair issue. That doesn't bother me as much as the story I'm getting that they "they are doing all the S's first and are then getting to the X's". It's what he's been telling my wife but he has to be full of it.

@ohmman - Could you please share the location where you mounted your FasTrak? Thanks.
Currently it sits in the console tray and I just lift it up when I pass through a toll plaza. Generally, I hold it on the passenger side of the mirror, which is where I mounted mine on my S. It has worked every time. In fact, I get ghost charges - two extras every time I pass through! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ccutrer
Currently it sits in the console tray and I just lift it up when I pass through a toll plaza. Generally, I hold it on the passenger side of the mirror, which is where I mounted mine on my S. It has worked every time. In fact, I get ghost charges - two extras every time I pass through! ;)
Thanks for the quick response. I had the same "technique" in my old car thought of decluttering the console tray just a little bit :)