TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model X Mule Sightings

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Paul Carter, Jan 29, 2015.

1. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Well, you can read it that way, but the question was when will they allow people to configure online, and the answer was in probably 3 months.

2. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

#2302 3s-a-charm, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    White one looks decent with the big wheels :)

Doesn't look like autopilot is on - hugging the line on the right side too much.

3. tentonine

tentonine Member

This quote is often repeated, but usually nobody notices that July is only two months after May! So it is difficult to know if he actually meant two months in July or three months in August! I am guessing the latter.

4. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 2012-2018, X90 since 2016, 3 since 2018

Yeah, like someone else pointed out, the question referred to "configure online". Sure, it's feasible a select few could be given exclusive access, but if that was his intention behind his answer (and I don't think it was), then he was misleading at best. More likely, he thought it would be online for the public in July but they missed the date. (I'll concede that my saying "promised" was inaccurate though.)

Hmm... if we only knew someone with an early Signature reservation...

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

Founders have already configured.

Source: the calendar.

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

That source wasn't so reliable when waiting for the Model S configurator... Or the Center Consoles... Or... Well, yeah.

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

How could they without an online configurator!!! :rolleyes: ;-)

If you're right, and I believe you are, then that kinda reinforces my point.

I went back to listen, again, and the initial question by Ben from Robert W. Baird wasn't specifically about the online design studio, it was just about when we'd see the final version. Then Jeff Evanson jumped in with other questions from investors and customers regarding the X, the online design studio, and a reveal (or something to that effect). So I maintain that Elon wasn't answering the direct question regarding when the design studio would go live.

I admit to parsing his exact words a bit much though. There has been some selective listening on both sides of this methinks. ;-)

Cheers!

8. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

#2308 mulder1231, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    Same license plate as http://i.imgur.com/e0SNFEl.jpg but this black Model X I spotted today on I237 looks completely together. Seems very close to a production model--camoed only using white wrapping plastic. Hmm, I have a feeling we're getting very close to the unveil/first deliveries...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

9. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

Great sighting, Mulder. That doesn't look black at all but rather a shade of gray and yes, looks pretty much like a finished product with just the wrapping plastic. Wish you got a pic of the front though; the top of the nose cone appears to have no wrap on it.

10. mulder1231

mulder1231 Active Member

You're right, it's grey, just like my Model S. I only have one picture of the front through the side mirror, not very good. I was trying to maneuver myself to get the right angle but too much traffic, and I had to turn right at the light where this car turned left.

image.jpg

11. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 2012-2018, X90 since 2016, 3 since 2018

Not black? Not white?! Now we're talking.

12. Yggdrasill

Yggdrasill Active Member

That must be the production nose cone. Too bad it's hard to make out much detail.

13. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

14. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Awesome stuff! Thanks mulder1231!

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda. Trim looks a bit off though. Haha! ;-)

Look at how that hood fits nice and tight to the lights.

15. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

I could live with that car and that color. Close enough. Lets start pounding them out.

16. lucy

lucy bluehair

Sing it, brother! Woo!
    Amen!

17. J1mbo

J1mbo Active Member

They better be - according to The Calendar, this is clearly a Founders car.

18. hobbes

hobbes Active Member

Cool, looks good, thanks for posting! a
    Agree we must be getting closer wink.gif . But still a little flaw in the fit and finish department: Falcon wing doors are not completely closed frown.gif .

19. Newb

Newb Member

Looks really good indeed! Awesome color, too, btw. Can't wait to see it without the camo. :love:

20. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

LOL. This is how you know we are all sitting on pins and needles jumping on anything with the slightest hope the X will be out any second now. "Awesome color" - wow, yeah, they really reinvented the rainbow with that greyish black. :biggrin: