Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm, that's the first time I've seen the chrome trim on the boot left exposed. Falcon wing still doesn't look like it's closed all the way.

Otherwise it looks pretty great! For an SUV/CUV that is! ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm well aware of what Elon said. I was listening to the call and have listened to it since. Where, exactly, does he mention an online design studio going live in the statement "...asking people to do the configuration."? He doesn't. You're all hearing what you want to hear and not what he said.

My assertion, and I believe others agree, is that configuring can be done via email, phone call, or some other method other than an online design studio. This is likely what is happening with the Founders series X's and maybe even the first Signatures.

Well, you can read it that way, but the question was when will they allow people to configure online, and the answer was in probably 3 months.

Yes. Probably three months from now, May, so it's like – this is early July is when we'll ask people to do the configuration.

This quote is often repeated, but usually nobody notices that July is only two months after May! So it is difficult to know if he actually meant two months in July or three months in August! I am guessing the latter.

I'm well aware of what Elon said. I was listening to the call and have listened to it since. Where, exactly, does he mention an online design studio going live in the statement "...asking people to do the configuration."? He doesn't. You're all hearing what you want to hear and not what he said.

My assertion, and I believe others agree, is that configuring can be done via email, phone call, or some other method other than an online design studio.

Yeah, like someone else pointed out, the question referred to "configure online". Sure, it's feasible a select few could be given exclusive access, but if that was his intention behind his answer (and I don't think it was), then he was misleading at best. More likely, he thought it would be online for the public in July but they missed the date. (I'll concede that my saying "promised" was inaccurate though.)

... This is likely what is happening with the Founders series X's and maybe even the first Signatures.

Hmm... if we only knew someone with an early Signature reservation...

Founders have already configured.

Source: the calendar.
How could they without an online configurator!!! :rolleyes: ;-)

If you're right, and I believe you are, then that kinda reinforces my point.

I went back to listen, again, and the initial question by Ben from Robert W. Baird wasn't specifically about the online design studio, it was just about when we'd see the final version. Then Jeff Evanson jumped in with other questions from investors and customers regarding the X, the online design studio, and a reveal (or something to that effect). So I maintain that Elon wasn't answering the direct question regarding when the design studio would go live.

I admit to parsing his exact words a bit much though. There has been some selective listening on both sides of this methinks. ;-)

Cheers!

Same license plate as http://i.imgur.com/e0SNFEl.jpg but this black Model X I spotted today on I237 looks completely together. Seems very close to a production model--camoed only using white wrapping plastic. Hmm, I have a feeling we're getting very close to the unveil/first deliveries...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Great sighting, Mulder. That doesn't look black at all but rather a shade of gray and yes, looks pretty much like a finished product with just the wrapping plastic. Wish you got a pic of the front though; the top of the nose cone appears to have no wrap on it.

You're right, it's grey, just like my Model S. I only have one picture of the front through the side mirror, not very good. I was trying to maneuver myself to get the right angle but too much traffic, and I had to turn right at the light where this car turned left.

image.jpg

Same license plate as http://i.imgur.com/e0SNFEl.jpg but this black Model X I spotted today on I237 looks completely together. Seems very close to a production model--camoed only using white wrapping plastic. Hmm, I have a feeling we're getting very close to the unveil/first deliveries...

Not black? Not white?! Now we're talking.

Cool, looks good, thanks for posting! a
Agree we must be getting closer
wink.gif
. But still a little flaw in the fit and finish department: Falcon wing doors are not completely closed
frown.gif

View attachment 90833