Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We're definitely getting close. I think we're about at the point of complacency with the black test mules where there's nothing new to see so people aren't paying as much attention to them. If something different shows up, such as an unmasked version, I'm sure people will be all over it. That's about all I care about now.

Thanks for sharing.

Two notes:

- The first one has a green dot (we assume sticker) in a new location. :)

- The second one shows how in different lighting the nose can actually look prototypesquely blunt. It is the same nose as on the other mules, but lighting makes a difference between duckface and owlface.

Funny the sign on the last! Good catch.

- - - Updated - - -

We're definitely getting close. I think we're about at the point of complacency with the black test mules where there's nothing new to see so people aren't paying as much attention to them. If something different shows up, such as an unmasked version, I'm sure people will be all over it. That's about all I care about now.

I'm still trying, but I agree it is increasingly a game of diminishing returns as the mules sighted aren't offering much new that could be visibly inspected. There is still the holy grail of close-ups and direct from front images of the nose, where I think a lot could still be i-spied if we had the photography to support it. :)

With the release approaching, it will all soon be for naught, of course. But it has been fun spying these together.

fd24a024a1a2cc7a1a3598a31eb584ae.jpg

You know the guy has a warp(ed) speed sense of humor. I think there's a reason the build quality on the photos we see of mules (or whatever you want to call them) keeps looking sh*ttier and sh*ttier (this is a PG-13 thread, right?). Seriously, the duct tape is no longer camouflage, it's literally holding the body panels together.

Think about how Elon/Tesla has done things in the past. A lot of verbal clues but no visual/physical clues until WHAM!, he/they smack you in the back of the head with something awesome.

The five-part trilogy

A Gigafactory, and for months we were all, 'WTF is a Gigafactory, sounds like something out of a comic book'

A tweet about ludicrous mode months before we got the P90D

An analyst question about a capital raise and bam, we get one a couple weeks later (this has happened more than once)

"The Model X is really amazing...2nd row seat are a piece of sculpture...etc." and all we see are pieces of chrome hot glued to duct tape which is shrink-wrapped onto a body panel with a Model S dash velcroed inside

Now believe me, I'm with all of you, I can't wait to get smacked in the head. But I do think there has been a sort of tacit directive 'to do some goofy sh*t to the mules', just because they don't want to be like every other car company (or any company).

...impatiently waiting...