Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would expect the Founders cars to have bigger wheels, but the car is so big it's hard to get a sense of scale. They could be 21s for all I know.

From the other pics we've seen, these look like one of the two smaller sets of wheels they've been using on the prototypes. I'm guessing these are optional 20"ers. The white one in the video upthread has noticeably larger wheels.

Probably not, it has "mfg" plates. Although someone in in California might be able to comment on that better than I can.
I wouldn't call it a Founders Series because it is still being used as a test vehicle. Rather, it is most likely a recently built release candidate. It could contain all the parts that are destined to go into the Founders Series vehicles, but is not one that is destined for delivery to a real customer.

I wouldn't call it a Founders Series because it is still being used as a test vehicle. Rather, it is most likely a recently built release candidate. It could contain all the parts that are destined to go into the Founders Series vehicles, but is not one that is destined for delivery to a real customer.

Sounds plausible. It might even have the Founders text in the side blinkers, hence the camo there.

To use Eds parlance (sorry, had to go there ;)... could this be a Release Candidate 2 vehicle?

Probably not, it has "mfg" plates. Although someone in in California might be able to comment on that better than I can.

There's no reason they couldn't drive a Founder's series car around with MFG plates prior to delivery. They do it all the time with inventory/loaner cars that are later sold.

But I agree with others--the better bet is that this is still one of the pre-customer cars, though it does look complete and ready to go.

I am interested in whether Nigel and Bonnie think we are finally seeing the final car, or if they think this still might be a decoy of some sort.

Is it just me, or is it very hard to see a driver in that front shot? Looks like a bare MS seat...

:wink:

For the record, I don't believe for a second they'd have a driverless car out in public traffic at this point.

Comparing the two fronts seats shows the driver silhouette, he/she is there.

Enhance gets even more detail:

model_x_mule_driver.jpg