Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the newest video shows all new side panels that were not on the blue car or the other mules. From 11 seconds on you can clearly see a body line that runs from the taillight to the back of the rear fender and disappear and then from the front of the rear fender to the bottom of the tesla corner marker/logo. The top line at the tesla corner marker/logo is shortened. I think it helps on that huge side view.

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I look at the grey one, it may be there as well but the color doesn't show it as pronounced as the new video

I think the newest video shows all new side panels that were not on the blue car or the other mules. From 11 seconds on you can clearly see a body line that runs from the taillight to the back of the rear fender and disappear and then from the front of the rear fender to the bottom of the tesla corner marker/logo. The top line at the tesla corner marker/logo is shortened. I think it helps on that huge side view.

I have a few comments on that body-line. It appears to end at the charge port, but ever so slightly below the top of the charge-port seam. Maybe its the shadows that give it that impression? But more importantly, the body-line starts at the Tesla badge, which appears to be very shiny, new and much more pronounced (judging by the big shadow it leaves). It is also joined by a short second body-line above the Tesla Badge, producing a significant void behind the badge. Also, there is a small bump between these two lines, where the top body-line ends, which happens to dissect the rear-view mirror shadow.

There's absolutely no chance of LiDAR.

Elon Musk pointed out the LiDAR sensors that google currently uses costs $60k per car.

Don't think Lidar will be necessary in the future.. The spatial function on system like this can become much more advanced..
The Swedish company were bought by Google in 2014..
on an iPhone 5S
But we have surely seen some mules with lidar-looking scanners in the rear..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah. True obsession would be to paste all 20 images as layers into an image processing app, to find any differing pixels. :biggrin:

I've actually done that with some images posted in the threads concerning the 2015 Supercharger locations. I was disappointed to find the maps didn't line up properly! The poster obviously didn't crop his maps properly! :cursing:

Tesla Model X Prepped For Delivery: Spyshots And Video
Image: http://i.imgur.com/vCuOrdJ.png
vCuOrdJ.png

Last edited by a moderator:
And that's why it sticks in your memory that you didn't receive any points for that particular photo? ;-)

No. I found it ironic that the guy using my contribution as the butt of his joke got rep, enough for someone to express out loud they're giving it, while the contribution itself did not.

Laughing at other people clearly sells. :) It was this contrast that stood out.

As for contributions, fear not I'm already working on the next one. I'm NOT doing it for the rep. :)