Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You mean like a Volvo?...

Or an X5. But I'm not sure what purpose that would serve here--in both the Volvo and the BMW, I assume they do it that way to keep the size and weight of the hatch lower. Here, the MX is going to have a monster hatch no matter what, because of that giant piece of glass; it's hard to see how splitting the hatch around the tail lights would really help anything.

Or an X5. But I'm not sure what purpose that would serve here--in both the Volvo and the BMW, I assume they do it that way to keep the size and weight of the hatch lower. Here, the MX is going to have a monster hatch no matter what, because of that giant piece of glass; it's hard to see how splitting the hatch around the tail lights would really help anything.

It would also create the need for two actuators and introduce more complexity (!) into the door system of the MX. I can't see why they'd do it, either.

I'm sure factory tours will be shut down as the Model X goes into production. I don't think we will see photos of the Model X until it is revealed. I do think we will see many change to the mules that are out there in the wild that add a little pizzaz to the design. I do think the door handles may be moved, front turn and fog light areas will be enhanced, rear bumper may have design changes. IMO the final design will still be sleek and smooth after all, aerodynamics plays a huge part in maximizing range. All vehicles must move the 14.7 lbs. per square inch of atmospheric pressure out of the way as they transit around. Pushing through the atmosphere at 25mph is easier on range than at 80mph! Weight has a part as well as it takes much energy to get a vehicle moving then less to keep it moving once the vehicle motion...but to a point! The faster we go the more wind pressure (energy) to displace>>get out of the way so the design of the MX must make all this into consideration. The final version will look fantastic, but we have to remember that we cannot take the physics out of it's necessary design to make it the efficient vehicle it must be!

I'm sure factory tours will be shut down as the Model X goes into production. I don't think we will see photos of the Model X until it is revealed. I do think we will see many change to the mules that are out there in the wild that add a little pizzaz to the design. I do think the door handles may be moved, front turn and fog light areas will be enhanced, rear bumper may have design changes. IMO the final design will still be sleek and smooth after all, aerodynamics plays a huge part in maximizing range. All vehicles must move the 14.7 lbs. per square inch of atmospheric pressure out of the way as they transit around. Pushing through the atmosphere at 25mph is easier on range than at 80mph! Weight has a part as well as it takes much energy to get a vehicle moving then less to keep it moving once the vehicle motion...but to a point! The faster we go the more wind pressure (energy) to displace>>get out of the way so the design of the MX must make all this into consideration. The final version will look fantastic, but we have to remember that we cannot take the physics out of it's necessary design to make it the efficient vehicle it must be!

CONSUMER REPORTS has recently stated that the Laws of Physics do not apply to Tesla
http://www.businessinsider.com/cons...-so-good-it-defies-the-laws-of-physics-2015-8

Yes, they don't apply. One is the door handle Alignnent. Why does one need a door handle for the falcon doors? WAG: there is no handle. There is pressure spot that is flush and color matched with the body? Flush the flush handle concept. :biggrin:

I'm really hoping for colour-matched handles. I think it would look good. Kind of futuristic. And it may confuse would-be thieves! (How the hell do I open this door?)

I think a certain member on this forum said after the first few sightings that the trunk looked like it might not be one piece, albeit 1 half fold down the other up.:wink:

the only pic i found online showed a solid trunk door, like the Model S
x tailgate.JPG

If you truly believe there will be drastic changes from what we've already seen, you're delusional. ;-)