Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fishy

My brother and wife are visiting Cali and caught this sighting. Not sure where they are but seem to be public grounds on Tesla parking lot?

This post is totally fishy to me. Your brother and his wife took a video of the Model X, and you're a member of the Tesla Motors Club, but you don't know where they took the video and you didn't ask? It seems like you could have gotten the answer pretty easily. Also, why is Tesla driving around mules when they know the reveal event is in three days? If the purpose of driving mules is to test, then they should already be done testing. If the purpose is to gauge public opinion, then it's too late for that. I don't mean to be aggressive, but the circumstances of this video and the fact that the door has an major functional issue on closing (manual close) tells me this video was totally planted probably to lower fan expectations as much as possible. Which is fine if true but people shouldn't be taking this video at face value.

The audio suggests the video taker is unsure if they are supposed to be where they are (discussion of whether they will be chucked out). Previously photos confirmed to be from Tesla property have been removed from this forum. Hence I am not surprised if details are omitted on public posts about possible visits to what "seem to be" "Tesla parking lots".

... First the "keyfob hip swing" (in order to get the handles to pop out when approaching the car obliquely from the rear with the key in jeans pocket) and now I have to learn the "falcon wing door bottom nudge"...

OF COURSE IT'S NOT A PRODUCTION READY CAR!

This post is totally fishy to me. Your brother and his wife took a video of the Model X, and you're a member of the Tesla Motors Club, but you don't know where they took the video and you didn't ask? It seems like you could have gotten the answer pretty easily. Also, why is Tesla driving around mules when they know the reveal event is in three days? If the purpose of driving mules is to test, then they should already be done testing. If the purpose is to gauge public opinion, then it's too late for that. I don't mean to be aggressive, but the circumstances of this video and the fact that the door has an major functional issue on closing (manual close) tells me this video was totally planted probably to lower fan expectations as much as possible. Which is fine if true but people shouldn't be taking this video at face value.

LoL! If only I were that closely connected to the under workings of Tesla! Then I'd be super cool like @Bonnie and @Nigel!! Unfortunately I'm just a random fan that can't wait for the X. I will look forward to @Bonnie coming to Texas so I can actually see the thing!

My brother is also keen on having an eye out for the X as we are both reservation holders. But I'll take credit for being an undercover agent if you insists! Cool points for me!!