Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
compare to original design, the front is now shorter, thinner, and lower, these make the overall side view looks quite ugly. but no matter how ugly, most people will still buy it and love it.

i guess they've modified this for aerodynamic and inner space reasons; but sacrificed the more "muscle" looking.

Tesla probably think people like Model X will get used to it's appearance, and will like it finally anyway. Just like iPhone, most people don't like the back with 2-tone and antenna design before; but they are selling more and more every year. i believe the appearance is only a small part of a good car, probably the least important factor for a good car or good selling car.

i believe the appearance is only a small part of a good car, probably the least important factor for a good car or good selling car.
Different people have different priorities. Fact of life.

It is just funny how sensitive are some to word "ugly", they feel offended or hurt or something. Ridiculous.
No one needs to remark how beauty is in the eye of beholder if say a car is beautiful. On the other hand If one dares to say it is ugly all hell brakes loose.
Don't dare insult our Prophet?

Face it, we have the need to express our feelings. When I see a gorgeous car I'll say so. Same with ugly cars.

If you find Model X beautiful just say so. I have no problem with that.
I have problem with anybody trying to stop me saying it is ugly.

It is just funny how sensitive are some to word "ugly", they feel offended or hurt or something. Ridiculous.
No one needs to remark how beauty is in the eye of beholder if say a car is beautiful. On the other hand If one dares to say it is ugly all hell brakes loose.

Face it, we have the need to express our feelings. When I see a gorgeous car I'll say so. Same with ugly cars.

The issue is that you're not saying "you" find it ugly, but that it "is" ugly. Obviously, that's what people have a problem with.

Umm, all hell breaks loose? Don't dare insult our Prophet? Oookay.

Perhaps we can eventually have a discussion about, y'know, the topic. Rather than insulting people. I see a lot of that going on ... I would never call you a troll for a differing opinion, but somehow it's okay to take shots like this. Well done!

I totally see your point about double standard re the "gorgeous" car comment not getting the reflexive "matter of opinion" comment every time, where as "ugly" car comment seems to. I also, happen to hope that the Model X looks nicer when we see a final version. All that said, why do you think this thread exists? I'm guessing a major reason is the bunch of people who are eagerly anticipating the appearance of the Model X because they have long been waiting to have one of their own. I mean, think about it, if you're neighbor just picked up a new car they'd been waiting years to be able to buy, and you found it "ugly", would you tell them so? It's okay to critique Tesla... I've personally said a few times I hope the final version of the X looks better than what we are seeing, I just think there's a context here of people really looking forward to fondly owning the X for a long time we can try to keep in mind.

I mean, think about it, if you're neighbor just picked up a new car they'd been waiting years to be able to buy, and you found it "ugly", would you tell them so?
You have a point there but still: beauty does not really apply to SUVs.

As it does not apply to vans, trucks, lorries nor cranes. Nor dirt bikes nor rollers.
Those things have aesthetic appeal of a traffic accident, their basic proportions and angles are such that no amount of lipstick can fix. That is definition of "ugly".

But.

The premise "X will be/is ugly, therefore I'm not buying" is quite misplaced. Of course it will be ugly, it is a SUV. If one wants something beautiful, go buy MS, it is widely acknowledged as a beautiful car. One buys SUVs for all the other reasons except from anesthetic appeal.

Will it be uglier than other SUVs? Probably not.

Only people disagreeing. That's allowed, isn't it?

Disagreeing on what? That it is ugly/beautiful?
There is 0 people finding it beautiful, and more than 0 finding it ugly.

There is also more than 0 people expressing pain because i said it is ugly.
That is plain and simple suppression of free speech.

If you find it beautiful say so, If you find beauty does not apply say so.
Just don't remind me how beauty is in the eye of beholder and if I find it ugly just don't buy it (and shut up).

Last edited:
You have a point there but still: beauty does not really apply to SUVs.

As it does not apply to vans, trucks, lorries nor cranes. Nor dirt bikes nor rollers.
Those things have aesthetic appeal of a traffic accident, their basic proportions and angles are such that no amount of lipstick can fix. That is definition of "ugly".

But.

The premise "X will be/is ugly, therefore I'm not buying" is quite misplaced. Of course it will be ugly, it is a SUV. If one wants something beautiful, go buy MS, it is widely acknowledged as a beautiful car. One buys SUVs for all the other reasons except from anesthetic appeal.

Will it be uglier than other SUVs? Probably not.

I don't get it, if it's not ugly compared to an SUV then how is it ugly? The Model X was always going to be an SUV...what is even the point commenting about it's appeal if you find the segment unappealing?

Warped, I appreciate that you thought about what I wrote.

I understand that you find all SUVs "ugly" and I'm sure you're not the only one who feels that way.

I don't want to see you or anyone at TMC feeling censored from commenting on the X's appearance. I'm glad that the analogy about the neighbor all excited about their new car made sense to you. I think where you've just about arrived at now is probably gonna go over more smoothly here than calling the X "ugly". I basically hear you saying "I don't like the looks of any SUVs, and the X is no exception."

I'll tell you what I think about the Model X... I just want to see it fully revealed already! lols :smile:

At this point we can all join hands and sing kumbaya!
Dead serious, no kidding what so ever.
I'll repeat the salt rinsing onto injury: X will be ugly, but it will rock and roll the SUV segment.
I have zero doubt in elons words of it being the best car of them all.