Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm just gonna sit back and wait for AR to yell ENHANCE and provide us with HD frame-by-frame analysis.

Hey, if you've got the ENHANCE plug-in for Photoshop laying around somewhere, share immediately. ;) Would make my work a lot easier.

In the meanwhile, we're going to have to do with flawed but good old scaling. To heed to the perfectly reasonable request of not cluttering this thread, I posted a couple pics and words here: Model X mule(s) show signs of nVidia Tegra X1 Drive PX platform - no rear mirror! - Page 12 (note, despite the old thread title, I'm not leaning on DRIVE PX but some other technology combo perhaps - also the test rig we see here may not be cameras, maybe aero mapping or other)

Now, now Marcus; you're going to end up moving yourself to snippiness. ;-)
Frankly, if it were not for the fact that Mr. Ranger states that his location is in Europe, I would guess he is a CIA analyst. He gets crazy details out of such minute information!
Wait... Is he really located at "EU"? is "EU" code? Is he really a mole? He works for Tesla! He wears a plaid shirt and sits with the other Tesla engineers laughing at the mis-directions he lobs! AHA! :eek:

Frankly, if it were not for the fact that Mr. Ranger states that his location is in Europe, I would guess he is a CIA analyst. He gets crazy details out of such minute information!
Wait... Is he really located at "EU"? is "EU" code? Is he really a mole? He works for Tesla! He wears a plaid shirt and sits with the other Tesla engineers laughing at the mis-directions he lobs! AHA! :eek:

If I worked for CIA (or especially CSI), I would have ENHANCE plug-in on my Photoshop. :D

Speaking of imag(in)ing crazy details, were these July 8 sightings posted here yet I wonder? Maybe I just forget, three photos in the Twitter links: Will Model X have electrochromic windows? - Page 4

I was driving in Palo Alto today with a few minutes to kill before picking up my wife from a doctor's appointment, so I decided to try driving by Tesla HQ in the hopes of seeing a Model X mule. Sure enough, as I was approaching the main building I saw one on the other side of the road, leisurely approaching me! It was the all-black version that I have seen many times in pictures and videos here. I slowed down to get a good look and liked what I saw, although it definitely has a more conservative look than the sportier Model S cars I see all over the place on the peninsula. Finally, once it was past me I turned my attention back to the road in front of me and, to my surprise, there was another black X mule turning onto the road from their main building right in front of me! I followed it down Deer Creek, onto Arastradero, all the way back to Page Mill, and had a good long look from directly behind it (including a few stop signs)! I took a picture and a quick video at one of the stop signs, but, again, not much new to report here. In my opinion it just looked right, not too big as I have been fearing (some of the reports here make it sound like a Surburban or something), and very heavily camouflaged on the front (which I briefly saw as we parted ways). There also appeared to be some sort of small camera or sensor sticking out above the vehicle on the right side above the front of the front door. Anyway, this reservation holder was not disappointed by what he saw today, although I wish they hadn't both been black.

Last edited:
I was driving in Palo Alto today with a few minutes to kill before picking up my wife from a doctor's appointment, so I decided to try driving by Tesla HQ in the hopes of seeing a Model X mule. Sure enough, as I was approaching the main building I saw one on the other side of the road, leisurely approaching me! It was the all-black version that I have seen many times in pictures and videos here. I slowed down to get a good look and liked what I saw, although it definitely has a more conservative look than the sportier Model S cars I see all over the place on the peninsula. Finally, once it was past me I turned my attention back to the road in front of me and, to my surprise, there was another black X mule turning onto the road from their main building right in front of me! I followed it down Deer Creek, onto Arastradero, all the way back to Page Mill, and had a good long look from directly behind it (including a few stop signs)! I took a picture and a quick video at one of the stop signs, but, again, not much new to report here. In my opinion it just looked right, not too big as I have been fearing (some of the reports here make it sound like a Surburban or something), and very heavily camouflaged on the front (which I briefly saw as we parted ways). There also appeared to be some sort of small camera or sensor sticking out above the vehicle on the right side above the front of the front door. Anyway, this reservation holder was not disappointed by what he saw today, although I wish they hadn't both been black.

Please post the pic and the video you took Scrith. I'm sure many here are dying to see them (including me) ... :wink:

0717151412.jpg

Video: [video]https://youtu.be/PcoLKL1RD0k[/video]

Last edited:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I've never seen anything from Tesla that could be described as ugly. I'd therefore caution anyone worried about the looks of Model X to wait until you see the car. (This thread is about test mules and I don't think Tesla is road testing body panels.)

There is a lot of SUVs out there and all of them are ugly.

Even all contenders from top marquess like Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc that invested some big buck into designing the thing.
Every time I see any SUV on the row "big fat cow" crosses my mind.
No design gimmick can change general proportions of a SUV: high, narrow, bulky.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,
OK, show one example of non-ugly SUV that one finds not-ugly. X6? Q8? Definition of a fat cow.