Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dunno. It looks like the tip of a folded mirror peeking out behind the trailer doorframe.

There is no rear-view mirror, I scaled and took a good look - it shows similar missing rearview mirror area as the previous white mule we've seen.

Model X mule(s) show signs of nVidia Tegra X1 Drive PX platform - no rear mirror! - Page 11

However, now having looked at the images in Photoshop and not from a small mobile screen, I concur with NigelM that there is no B pillar camera there either, a scaled-up version in the above link of that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

My new theory, based on those few photos: the car is skinned on the exterior. That's a possible reason we're seeing misalignment on the panels and such - those are actually just false panels. I'm not saying this applies to all of the exterior, and this whole idea is definitely over the conspiracy line for me (AR, have you subconsciously infected me? :smile:), but something looks weird there. It could be that the eventual trim pieces clean the look up and when the doors close they cover that whole pillar, but.. there's a lot of overlap there, isn't there?

Personally, I don't much care what the motivations of posters are who share Model X images, other than to consider their reliability. Even an intentional leak can still be revealing in some way. Also, I doubt Tesla goes to much trouble to deceive us - hide things from us, sure, but I doubt to deceive us. Probably they just don't care.

Many of the mules have indeed been seen in very rough condition, and some camo wrap has been used for sure (e.g. hiding the top of the very large, continuous front window) and many trim pieces are either missing or in prototype form, but that most likely just a part of the hodge-podge nature of mules that get tested and ripped apart all the time, than intentional deception. Of course there are areas they are disguising intentionally, like the nose.

No more improbable than some of the other wild speculations we see getting posted... :)

I'd say an objective observer would claim two different physical sizes of Model X is still quite a bit less probable than most speculation involving much less alterations to the car...

But I guess if one really tries hard, they might find the token exception that is as unlikely as a smaller Model X version. :)

I'd say an objective observer would claim two different physical sizes of Model X is still quite a bit less probable than most speculation involving much less alterations to the car...

But I guess if one really tries hard, they might find the token exception that is as unlikely as a smaller Model X version. :)

But what if some parts of the car's exterior is covered by high definition screen panels and that there are cameras that record the environment behind the viewer from all angles, and display the surroundings on the screen to create the illusion that the car is smaller than it actually is?

But what if some parts of the car's exterior is covered by high definition screen panels and that there are cameras that record the environment behind the viewer from all angles, and display the surroundings on the screen to create the illusion that the car is smaller than it actually is?

I find the potential of simulated wood-trim covering the entire car intriguing.

Heh. If someone screamed at me in public I would pay back with interest and probably say things I can't print here.

Yeah he was like "hey hey" and I ran back to my scooter. So at 4:30 yesterday when I was driving home I saw one hauler pull into the campus and the other (the one in the pic) was sitting on the street with the back open waiting. I thought to myself 'I'll just run home and get my scooter so I won't block traffic so I can get a cool pic' and when I got back 15 minutes later the back of the hauler was down and I saw the car loaded on the side. I guess if you are driving by they move quick & you should wait. Here are two other similar pics.
20150529_165157.jpg
20150529_165154.jpg

An early commenter to these "van" photographs mentioned excitement regarding the lines along the interior ceiling. I too thought they were power cables, and it looked like a Polaris block on the left and perhaps right hand side.

I've blown one up as far as pixels allow, and now am less sure. I'm leaning more toward their being hydraulic lines for ramps, doors, etc.

Any other opinions?

An early commenter to these "van" photographs mentioned excitement regarding the lines along the interior ceiling. I too thought they were power cables, and it looked like a Polaris block on the left and perhaps right hand side.

I've blown one up as far as pixels allow, and now am less sure. I'm leaning more toward their being hydraulic lines for ramps, doors, etc.

Any other opinions?

That's the hydraulics as I mentioned a few posts back; I've seen those first hand on multiple occasions.

Well done! The thing that stands out to me is the amount of greasy fingerprints all over the chrome and paint. This thing is being heavily used.

- - - Updated - - -

Also.. what is that interior frame I'm seeing? Almost as if there's a window on the interior that is not the same as the one on the shell. Does anyone else see that?
Most all of the photos of them out in the open show this as well. Go back and look. It's like the door frame extends well inside the outer edge of the window. Particularly noticeable on the white ones.

Be careful. Be very very careful.

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the hydraulics as I mentioned a few posts back; I've seen those first hand on multiple occasions.

Well, and I am certainly sorry, Mr. Nigel sir, for attempting to steal your thunder there - although inashowmuchas you being from Florida and all you may be exposed to so much of Jove's sneezes that you wouldn't ever be missing so much as a snoot of thunder - but somehow I missed your having made mention thereof. But I think I am in good company with your also thinking those be hydraulic lines.

Well, and I am certainly sorry, Mr. Nigel sir, for attempting to steal your thunder there - although inashowmuchas you being from Florida and all you may be exposed to so much of Jove's sneezes that you wouldn't ever be missing so much as a snoot of thunder - but somehow I missed your having made mention thereof. But I think I am in good company with your also thinking those be hydraulic lines.

aka, 'Alaskan Snark'.

:)

Most all of the photos of them out in the open show this as well. Go back and look. It's like the door frame extends well inside the outer edge of the window. Particularly noticeable on the white ones.

Indeed. Thanks for the heads up. I'm surprised I missed that, considering my attention to this thread. Oh well. Thanks for being gentle with me! I still stand by my assumption that "something" is going on there.

I think I saw a Model X getting loaded on my way home today. I tried to get close up snaps but the interior came out dark. The guy ratcheting down the car screamed at me lol. This hauler had Arizona plates. There was nothing I could see in the back except wiring & aluminum foil. It sort of sucks being short :-/

That's great! Thanks for braving it out and snapping those pics.

If he's on a public road and things are plain sight, you can snap away as many pics as you want and there's nothing he can do. Well, other than yell at you. :)