Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately those images are too low-resolution to yield anything new. Even the wheels may seem a bit disproportionate at distance/low-res (an extreme example was the first Model X mule sighting someone thought would be a Model 3 because of this).

Anyone have high-res originals?

Also, can someone post the images of the parked Model X mule underneath a cover? That might be interesting to check out closely. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Sure it's not a new fancy electromagneticchromatic360degreeinfraredlaswremittingultrasonic sensor? Lets speculate some more!

Your contribution is much appreciated. ;) I have never understood why detailed analysis bugs some people on TMC. I just don't get it.

I have never witnessed it on any other car forum.

My take is, TMC really isn't a car forum - the fabric of the people here come from a little different background and that may be why.

tu.png

I can't believe you guys missed this. If you "zoom-->enhance" the area of the rear door sill, there are some numbers. You can just make out they are: 8818

And in case you didn't know, "8818" is the internal project code for the Turbo Encabulator.

So clearly Tesla is stepping up their game by using inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors to dynamically recharge the batteries and extend the range of the Model X.

Magneto-reluctance and capacitive-directance is very exciting.

View attachment 84439

I can't believe you guys missed this. If you "zoom-->enhance" the area of the rear door sill, there are some numbers. You can just make out they are: 8818

And in case you didn't know, "8818" is the internal project code for the Turbo Encabulator.

So clearly Tesla is stepping up their game by using inverse reactive current for use in unilateral phase detractors to dynamically recharge the batteries and extend the range of the Model X.

Magneto-reluctance and capacitive-directance is very exciting.

Ha ha, great video!
8818 actually is a portion of the part number for the wood paneling anchor points. Even more exciting!

And in case you didn't know, "8818" is the internal project code for the Turbo Encabulator. .

Hold on. There is something really fishy going on here. A LOT of us (okay, not all. Apparently, not EchoDelta. But most.) already knew about the Wonderful World Of Turbo Encabulators.....but who ​but an insider!!! could possibly have known about the internal project code, huh?

I think it's time HLR provides some real - and truthful - background about himself. No mild manners until we see cards on the table.

Hold on. There is something really fishy going on here. A LOT of us (okay, not all. Apparently, not EchoDelta. But most.) already knew about the Wonderful World Of Turbo Encabulators.....but who ​but an insider!!! could possibly have known about the internal project code, huh?

I think it's time HLR provides some real - and truthful - background about himself. No mild manners until we see cards on the table.[/QUOTE]

Simple explanation is usually the correct one: he is Elon and HLR is his puppet name on TMC.

What about the only obvious thing would be 4 way seat controls (top and bottom buttons, thus looking like 8's). We'll if you want to have fun with the "1" (the 3rd one) is it for fold/recline and hence a different lever?

Seat controls are a good idea but they seem to be awfully low... Here is a photo of the prototype seat controls, so that would match sort of - but they've had to add or move quite a few buttons, and place everything quite down... I guess their numeric shape in that resolution mislead us, if so.

tFfDMyY.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=84439&d=1434568201.png

Seat controls are a good idea but they seem to be awfully low... Here is a photo of the prototype seat controls, so that would match sort of - but they've had to add or move quite a few buttons, and place everything quite down... I guess their numeric shape in that resolution mislead us, if so.

tFfDMyY.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=84439&d=1434568201.png

What's interesting about these pictures is the position of the seats relative to the door hole. May not indicate anything other than they actually moved the seat rather than the seat baseline position, but it seems a further back/higher position in the garage pic. Angle may be fooling. Maybe this is an executive rear seat (2 row) edition. Fishtank armrests get fitted later.

What's interesting about these pictures is the position of the seats relative to the door hole. May not indicate anything other than they actually moved the seat rather than the seat baseline position, but it seems a further back/higher position in the garage pic. Angle may be fooling. Maybe this is an executive rear seat (2 row) edition. Fishtank armrests get fitted later.

If, as has been speculated, the wheelbase on the production vehicle is shorter, it may just mean the door opening itself is shorter, too.

If, as has been speculated, the wheelbase on the production vehicle is shorter, it may just mean the door opening itself is shorter, too.

Actually, the doors go further back on the roofline/wheel arch on the leaked pictures we've been seeing than they did on the prototypes. (The door opening overall could still be shorter if the wheelbase is a bunch shorter, but I don't think that's happening. I don't think.) The doors also appear to have a single latch at the center bottom like a rear hatch instead of the pair at the front and rear near the beltline that the prototypes had.
Walter