Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The audio suggests the video taker is unsure if they are supposed to be where they are (discussion of whether they will be chucked out). Previously photos confirmed to be from Tesla property have been removed from this forum. Hence I am not surprised if details are omitted on public posts about possible visits to what "seem to be" "Tesla parking lots".

Those photos that were requested to be removed by that user(not even sure if they were) were because that guy was basically staking out the corporate headquarters parking lot in Palo Alto and taking very high resolution pictures of the X. Claimed Tesla told him to cease and desist.

care to explain?

Sure thing. First off; they are ugly as an Ork, and really take away from the design of the car. I would prefer suicide doors to wings, any day. Next, it's yet another complicated system that needs to work at all times. Third, and the worst in my eyes; they are a serious potential security hazard. I've spent time as an EMT, and seen a number of. Are on their sides, with the troubles to open e doors they bring. If the system goes out in the course of an accident, then that will be a significant problem, and experience tells us that electric systems are among the first to go in serious accidents.

Sure thing. First off; they are ugly as an Ork, and really take away from the design of the car. I would prefer suicide doors to wings, any day. Next, it's yet another complicated system that needs to work at all times. Third, and the worst in my eyes; they are a serious potential security hazard. I've spent time as an EMT, and seen a number of. Are on their sides, with the troubles to open e doors they bring. If the system goes out in the course of an accident, then that will be a significant problem, and experience tells us that electric systems are among the first to go in serious accidents.

41g68zKJ10L._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg

Amazon.com: LifeHammer The Original Emergency Hammer (Orange): Automotive

Is this something you have always had a problem with about the Model X, or are just now having a problem with after seeing this video?

If the car is on its side, you've got a problem in any car. In the Mod. X you've got a problem no matter if the car flips onto its side or not.
By law, they will have a mechanical release. Falcon doors will still open with no power. You do realize the Musk is obsessed over safety, right? Do you think the Model X is going to do any worse than then Model S in its safety testing? The Model S broke the test machines - too strong. I predict the Model X will be as safe or safer than a Volvo, yes WITH the Falcon Wing Doors.

Well you know if I wanted main stream I would not be buying a Tesla. I love the doors and I'm sure they will work just fine, look at successful companies and they all innovate in some form. The Model X is different in so many ways and that is why I like it. We will see very soon how they look and work.