Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X OEM Swiveling Screen Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN is 7SAXCDE57NF337XXX so I guess I am SOL as far as "tilting" screen. I ordered in Feb 21 and the order page specifically said "tilting screen" so who do appeal to at Tesla to get my pivot!
What’s your EDD? I really am wondering what they’re going to say to people who have undelivered cars without this advertised feature. Very surprised they didn’t try to hide this and turn it on with software months later, as they’ve historically done.

Not sad to me, I don't mind. I've got 20,000+ miles now between my S Plaid and X Plaid and I really don't ever recall craving for the screen to move. Now when the new headlights show up on the other hand....
I am just so sad and depressed about it. I literally took delivery of my X Plaid on April 24. And my VIN is 3910X. I am not sure if I should sell this Plaid in a few months and just take delivery of my Blue Plaid expected around October.

I am just so sad and depressed about it. I literally took delivery of my X Plaid on April 24. And my VIN is 3910X. I am not sure if I should sell this Plaid in a few months and just take delivery of my Blue Plaid expected around October.
Well, if it's important to you, go for it. For the $20k+ that I saved being in on old pricing, I'm not missing the screen.

I'm in the SAME boat, except ordered in Jan 21... I DISTINCTLY remember "tilting screen" and was so pumped to get it... o_O

Me too. 3388.. no swivel screen. Really was hoping for it.

Just picked up 339639. No swivel screen. FYI

:( thanks for letting us know. Did the SA’s have anything to say about a retrofit or the situation in general?
OK, my fellow recently Swivel Deprived, what are we going to do about this travesty of justice?

Let's pivot this point 180 degrees

Let's barrage Tesla SC's and SA's until they are tilting with regret and concede to our demands for our right to pivot and swivel!

Swivel Denied unite!!

• Funny
Reactions: Jbell and dmtheone
OK, my fellow recently Swivel Deprived, what are we going to do about this travesty of justice?

Let's pivot this point 180 degrees

Let's barrage Tesla SC's and SA's until they are tilting with regret and concede to our demands for our right to pivot and swivel!

Swivel Denied unite!!
Honestly I doubt SCs/SAs will or even can provide this sort of feedback upstream. Unless it's already a planned retrofit offering at some point in the future (I doubt it would even be mentioned until they have enough supply and it's ready to go), the only person who might be able to change things is Elon himself. Go tweet @ him.

Reactions: Great White
Nope. She was saying customers knew more about it than the SAs. A customer asked about the swivel screen and a few hours later they received an internal memo about it 😄
I messaged the SC through the app about my lack of swivel functionality in my MX, which I received March 28th, and they replied "That will only be for Newer model X and S models being built now. Thank you"

I think there will be so few who don't have the swivel, that it will become a non issue that will never be address by Tesla or aftermarket.

I messaged the SC through the app about my lack of swivel functionality in my MX, which I received March 28th, and they replied "That will only be for Newer model X and S models being built now. Thank you"

I think there will be so few who don't have the swivel, that it will become a non issue that will never be address by Tesla or aftermarket.
Sucks extra for everyone with their car stuck at Fremont knowing that they don't have this feature. Really shitty feeling.

Reactions: Great White