Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our DS admitted she wasn't confident in the status updates she was getting from their system on the status of our X's transport to Texas.

I called the local Service Center. According to their records, the X had been shipped and was scheduled for arrival yesterday. But when they called the transport driver, he indicated it would be late tonight before he reached the Service Center.

Waiting to schedule our delivery appointment for late Wednesday or early Thursday.

If Tesla is going to be ramping up to delivering 5000 to 10000 Model 3's per week - most of them in the US through the end of the year, they really, really need to get this process improved.

Since this is our 3rd Tesla purchase, we continue to be pretty understanding in Tesla's growing pains and the sometimes inconsistent or lack of messaging on status. I suspect many of the first time Model 3 customers won't be as flexible - especially in those states (like Texas) where you are required to pay for the vehicle prior to having it leave the factory.

It's not unreasonable that Tesla should be able to tell us were our $125K (after all of the taxes and charges) Model X is located and provide more details on the shipping status...

I just found out my car arrived at our service center yesterday morning. I still have to wait till next week to take delivery. I went over there and got to see my car but it's going to take a week to get it prepped. They wouldn't change my delivery appointment for 6/28. However, I did see a lot of cars in the lot. More than I have ever seen there. MS, MX, & M3. Looks like end of quarter scramble in under way.
20180620_134821.jpg
20180620_135124.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasRat
View attachment 311429 View attachment 311428 I just found out my car arrived at our service center yesterday morning. I still have to wait till next week to take delivery. I went over there and got to see my car but it's going to take a week to get it prepped. They wouldn't change my delivery appointment for 6/28. However, I did see a lot of cars in the lot. More that I have ever seen there. MS, MX, & M3. Looks like end of quarter scramble in under way.
So near yet so far!!

well they said the X i ordered wasn't going to get here until the end of july (as opposed to promised june) so i ended up switching to an inventory car. delivery scheduled for 6/27. we'll see how this goes. not impressed with the process so far.

Wahoo! Took delivery yesterday. Ordered 3/23, Delivered 6/22.

The delivery experience was great, arguably better than my last BMW.
They spent over 45 minutes walking us around the and through all of its features. I looked over a few of the major items from the checklist while at the store and decided I'll go over it in detail now that it's home.

They did accidentally bump one of the rims while they were prepping the car, and after a little back/forth they've agreed to replace it (vs trying to repair/repaint the rim).

The car is stunning.

IMG_5949.jpg

Woo hoo we finally picked up our X yesterday from the Fremont delivery center! It was just a little over 2 months from order date to ready for delivery. Those 2 months felt like forever as I tortured myself in excitement checking online several times daily for my Tesla status, this tracking sheet, and various other online Tesla sites. Looks like for the US the timing with the Quarter End delivery rush was true and that idea helped keep my anxiousness in check. Thank you to this tracker and thread for helping us see that. The Delivery center was packed with 50+ Teslas ready to be delivered on Saturday alone!

I just found out my car arrived at our service center yesterday morning. I still have to wait till next week to take delivery. I went over there and got to see my car but it's going to take a week to get it prepped. They wouldn't change my delivery appointment for 6/28. However, I did see a lot of cars in the lot. More than I have ever seen there. MS, MX, & M3. Looks like end of quarter scramble in under way.
View attachment 311429 View attachment 311428
Got a call on Friday that the service center moved up my delivery date from Thursday to tomorrow. Getting closer!

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
My DS called me on Friday inviting me to go Saturday pick up the car instead of tomorrow (they usually don't work on Saturdays in Geneva, but he said they have so many cars to deliver that they're exceptionally doing it on Saturdays too).

Unfortunately I was out of town and only got back today. So tomorrow it is... !

Reactions: HAL 9000
My DS called me on Friday inviting me to go Saturday pick up the car instead of tomorrow (they usually don't work on Saturdays in Geneva, but he said they have so many cars to deliver that they're exceptionally doing it on Saturdays too).

Unfortunately I was out of town and only got back today. So tomorrow it is... !
You will still be ahead of me. I will only get mine tomorrow 4pm. Good luck with your delivery and post some pictures!

Reactions: arubinst
View attachment 311429 View attachment 311428

Lol u got a pic of my XP100D in the back ..the guys at cathedral city are great !

Reactions: ScubaMal
You will still be ahead of me. I will only get mine tomorrow 4pm. Good luck with your delivery and post some pictures!
So, pick up went great. The car is in excellent shape. Some gaps and one slightly misaligned window chrome frame that I'm trying to decide if I want them to work on or not.

Otherwise, everything was perfect. The interior is pristine. The paint doesn't seem to have any visible defects. Just beautiful whiteness allover!

IMG_5472.jpg
IMG_5475.jpg

I must say I was really scared after reading some stories from some other not-so-lucky owners. I'm glad it all went fine.

They were all very nice, by the way. Not pushy or "artificial". Just plain nice and competent. They repeated several times not to hesitate to call them if there's the slightest thing I'm not happy about. They will do whatever it takes to make it right, they said.

An awesome experience.

Hoy did yours go @HAL 9000 ?