Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order confirmation to delivery was 29 days. We did our pickup on Friday (6/22) in the early evening. We saw one 3, two Ss, and 4 Xs delivered.

The setup at Fremont is different then the other locations because of the amount vehicles being delivered. They are also now setup for "the madhouse" (their words) amount of vehicles that need to be delivered in July. Gone is the large room for deliveries, it is now being used to store vehicles. The parking lot in front of the delivery lobby is now the delivery area. The only positive for the customer is that you will be able to see your vehicle's paint in direct sunlight.

You check-in at a hostess desk in the parking lot and go to the lobby (we saw our X in the parking lot). As we started to look around our paperwork guy approached us and we went to a table and signed all the paperwork. We used our own financing, so we gave two bank checks. One for the loan amount and another for the down. We then went to check out the vehicle while the paperwork was being finalized. If you ask questions about the vehicle they will be answered, but don't expect a tutorial.

Reactions: P85_DA
Order confirmation to delivery was 29 days. We did our pickup on Friday (6/22) in the early evening. We saw one 3, two Ss, and 4 Xs delivered.

The setup at Fremont is different then the other locations because of the amount vehicles being delivered. They are also now setup for "the madhouse" (their words) amount of vehicles that need to be delivered in July. Gone is the large room for deliveries, it is now being used to store vehicles. The parking lot in front of the delivery lobby is now the delivery area. The only positive for the customer is that you will be able to see your vehicle's paint in direct sunlight.

You check-in at a hostess desk in the parking lot and go to the lobby (we saw our X in the parking lot). As we started to look around our paperwork guy approached us and we went to a table and signed all the paperwork. We used our own financing, so we gave two bank checks. One for the loan amount and another for the down. We then went to check out the vehicle while the paperwork was being finalized. If you ask questions about the vehicle they will be answered, but don't expect a tutorial.

This is like Toronto. They were receiving so many Model 3's in May and June that they rented out the International Centre by the Toronto Airport. Rumours say they were moving 150-300 cars a day. Cars were just in the parking lot. Everyone was given 15 min appointment incremements etc. The beginning was rough and people were waiting for 4+ hours. But after a couple of weeks things seemed to go better. We are looking at a mid July delivery and I thought we would be back into the Toronto SC for our X, but according to the paper work it will still be at the International Centre. Which although I already know there won't be any bells and whistles with delivery it does mean that we aren't in the city proper and the trip home will be quicker. We live about 400 km away. I am just crossing my fingers for not too many issues....being that we live 400km away. I am sure the X will be worth it though!

Reactions: HandleX
Wow, delivery by herd. They should do a local news story on that. Crazy.

This is like Toronto. They were receiving so many Model 3's in May and June that they rented out the International Centre by the Toronto Airport. Rumours say they were moving 150-300 cars a day. Cars were just in the parking lot. Everyone was given 15 min appointment incremements etc. The beginning was rough and people were waiting for 4+ hours. But after a couple of weeks things seemed to go better. We are looking at a mid July delivery and I thought we would be back into the Toronto SC for our X, but according to the paper work it will still be at the International Centre. Which although I already know there won't be any bells and whistles with delivery it does mean that we aren't in the city proper and the trip home will be quicker. We live about 400 km away. I am just crossing my fingers for not too many issues....being that we live 400km away. I am sure the X will be worth it though!

I just ordered my Model X!!! Apparently it’s going to enter production pretty quick - July 6th - and then the real delay will be the shipping afterwards. Takes a while for the car to swim from California to Switzerland.... ;) But I can’t wait!
Hang in there! Mine took a total of three months, from order to delivery.

It’s totally worth the wait!

Reactions: MidwestMX
6/5 delivery of my MX 75D, ordered on 2/26. Fremont pickup.

Delivery experience - uneventful, definitely got the feeling they wanted me to drive off quickly. No freebies except coffee. Not even covers for the keys. No box with the keys either, just sitting on the dash. Detailing was obviously rushed too. Swirl marks visible on the sides. Only instructions were to watch the videos while waiting for the paperwork to print.

Post delivery - only 3 issues:
  • Steering wheel not centered
  • One of the FWD red buttons stopped working
  • Hood alignment over the headlights uneven left versus right
2 Days of SC to fix the above issues and got a P85D as a loaner.

2600 miles driven including LA roundtrip and happy to say, rock solid and autopilot works very well.

Configuration is Blue, 6 seats, Auto Pilot, light oak interior, carbon wheels. I added my own HEPA filter and can confirm it literally takes 10 minutes if you watch the videos on how to. Also got front and rear cargo mats and will be getting BlackVue dash cams installed later this month.

Hang in there! Mine took a total of three months, from order to delivery.

It’s totally worth the wait!

I know. It’s just that we’re doing our annual Switzerland to Denmark summer vacation road tri in mid August, and it would have been amazing to have the car before that, no matter how unlikely. ;-) The website said delivery in August until about 3 days before we ordered, then it moved to September, but we just weren’t ready to pull the trigger until we’d had a closer look at the Q7. We’ve had an S5 the last 5 years and are big Audi fans... but driving the Q7 after the Model X was just no comparison. And their driver assistance / parking features are a joke! Nlo wonder the rep didn’t seem worried about us going to the Audi dealership....

Still, waiting was good. We got in on time to get the free Internet package (that’s until the end of June), and had we ordered a week earlier we wouldn’t have known about the free supercharging through the referral program - a quick discussion with my ex-boss got me the referral code I needed for that. This way too, I guess whatever FSD features that Musk has up his sleeve for August will be pre-installed in our car before we get it, and we’ll have one last drive in our (not at all bad) S5 to use as a comparison point for future trips!

(Still, I did tweet Elon asking if he had any miracles up his sleeve to hurry the production, I’m sure he’ll ignore it, but fortune favors the bold)

Reactions: arubinst
The deed is done. I finally have a new Model X 100D. Drove it away from the showroom/service center with 7.8 miles on it. It's an amazing feeling. Fun experience too but less fanfare than I expected. Haha

I updated the spreadsheet.

Tesla rep told me we're under 200,000 (U.S. deliveries) still but final numbers come after today. It's gotta be close. Time to go put some miles on my car so AP gets activated. Drive safe out there.

Just updated the spreadsheet with our new MX 100D order. Can't wait (salesperson estimated 60 days or so). Dealership here in Portland was closed by ICE protesters - which I commented to salesperson that seemed too appropriate next to a Tesla dealer. I guess they are confused about which ICE? She did not see the humor since UWMs had tents pitched right at the showroom door.

UWM - Unwashed Masses

I ordered 5/26 (at which point it said July delivery stil), confirmed 5/29, havent had any action (no VIN still) since, but checked with my DS because my current lease ends in July, and she said conservatively it is likely early-mid August, but wont be confirmed for a couple weeks. I kind of expected it, but seems odd they would be so aggressive in the delivery estimate when ordering, just sets people up for disappointment.

updating with a positive note. after almost no movement, DS emailed me last week saying it was still on track for mid July delivery, and since then it entered production on 7/2, and apparently is now built! just got my financing response back, so i think i should be able to schedule delivery shortly. beyond excited!!

Nice! I ordered 5/31 confirmed 6/3 and VIN on 6/12. My DS emailed me a few weeks ago and said August delivery. When I ordered though, the website still said July. The website still shows as confirmed and scheduled for production. This gives me some hope that maybe it won’t be another 4+ weeks.

Reactions: P85_DA
Checked the Tesla site today and noticed my VIN was now assigned. No notice so far from anyone. I just happened to login to check the Google sheet and saw a whole slew of new VIN entries above mine so I checked e-mail (nothing) then checked the Tesla site (VIN Assigned - Reservation number gone). :D

So far, here's my summary-

I'm in Southern California, USA.
Set my delivery location to Costa Mesa, CA

Ordered : 27 June, 2018
Confirmed : 1 July, 2018 (even though my confirmation date was listed as 30 June, I got the confirmation e-mail on 1 July)
VIN Assigned: 7 July, 2018 (no e-mail, had to login to Tesla site to check my order and noticed RN gone and VIN assigned)