Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, great turnaround, congrats! Mine’s a Plaid, so I guess those are taking longer. Pls let us know how the pickup goes!
So picked up the X today. And I am so impressed with build quality, I wanted to find paint chips and scratches all over but there were none. Overall a positive experience with the build quality as compared to MDY that I had picked up last year.

So picked up the X today. And I am so impressed with build quality, I wanted to find paint chips and scratches all over but there were none. Overall a positive experience with the build quality as compared to MDY that I had picked up last year.
Congrats! Post up some pics!

Any issues with the FWDs? Been reading on this forum, alot of folks having sensor and paint issues on the doors, causing the FWDs not to open properly.

Ordered 4/9 and delivered 4/26. Only a few issues. Driver door alignment (last pic) and rear charger port not working. Pending service next week.

Attachments

• IMG_8408.jpeg
    IMG_8408.jpeg
    604.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_8415.jpeg
    IMG_8415.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8416.jpeg
    IMG_8416.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: 88cardhouse
beautiful and congrats! notice anything off with the ride?
Thanks. Nothing big or major concern. However, I found a few cosmetic and finishing issues. (I did a thorough check after the delivery)
Examples:
Rear window glass isn't aligned
2nd row both windows have inside liner issues - they seem like displaced
Passenger side window - liner isn't placed correctly - small gap in one side.
Tesla logo at front is slightly leaning to the left
One minor dent near the charging port
One minor scratch in the paint
One light (near the driver side door camera) is faulty

Reactions: CitizenKane
Thanks. Nothing big or major concern. However, I found a few cosmetic and finishing issues. (I did a thorough check after the delivery)
Examples:
Rear window glass isn't aligned
2nd row both windows have inside liner issues - they seem like displaced
Passenger side window - liner isn't placed correctly - small gap in one side.
Tesla logo at front is slightly leaning to the left
One minor dent near the charging port
One minor scratch in the paint
One light (near the driver side door camera) is faulty

If you're in East Bay, see if you can get this car to RJ's in East Bay for the paint work! He's the best heh. Just make sure he has the parts if something needs to be replaced.

As you may have seen in my post about the rear window glass and spoiler area ... it could be a huge undertaking to adjust that window. If someone attempts repair to the rear window, they have to destroy the spoiler to get to the window.

1683844199084-jpeg.936847

My Tesla Model X experience is super FUBAR now. Please don't end up in the same FUBAR-state as me. I almost had my dream Tesla, AND IT GOT ALL EFFED UP. I'M SO GODDAMN FRIGGIN ANGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Last edited:
Hi Folks - Can someone that has recently taken delivery of a base MX 5-seater confirm the GVWR? I've heard from a few Sales Advisors that the base MX (5-seater, 20's) doesn't hit the 6,000 lb GVWR mark. Hoping to have someone verify here.

Ordered - hoping for a delivery here in a few days, but the CPA wants to confirm.

@zzakir39@gmail - any chance you can post some pics of the concerns (liked the pics upthread - red looks good)?

I'm in the process of taking delivery myself (Real Time Delivery Question: Is This Misalignment / Paint Defect too Much?) and am curious to see what other X's are looking like.

Thanks.
I think I mentioned already - no major concerns. I'm probably being too picky.
Correction: I wanted to mean 3rd row window by rear window.
1st pic: 3rd row window misalignment
2nd pic: 2nd row (FWD) inside liner
3rd pic: passenger window's inside liner
These are the main ones.
2nd n 3rd should be an easy fix. I can.live with the first one.
Paint scratch is so tiny I'm having a hard to find it again.
Dent is negligible too, no one would notice unless I show them.
Overall, I'm happy with it. Bit then, my expectation was not much from Tesla, they are good with many things - finishing is not one of those. Hahaha.

Attachments

• 20230514_195352.jpg
    20230514_195352.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20230514_195533.jpg
    20230514_195533.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 20230514_200204.jpg
    20230514_200204.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 48