Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Order/Delivery Tracking - Google Sheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I mentioned already - no major concerns. I'm probably being too picky.
Correction: I wanted to mean 3rd row window by rear window.
1st pic: 3rd row window misalignment
2nd pic: 2nd row (FWD) inside liner
3rd pic: passenger window's inside liner
These are the main ones.
2nd n 3rd should be an easy fix. I can.live with the first one.
Paint scratch is so tiny I'm having a hard to find it again.
Dent is negligible too, no one would notice unless I show them.
Overall, I'm happy with it. Bit then, my expectation was not much from Tesla, they are good with many things - finishing is not one of those. Hahaha.

IMO just go enjoy your car if you can.

Tesla took that enjoyment away from me when the car threw a bunch of bunch of error codes and shut down. Then they told my wife to calm down and stop overreacting. Then they told me to calm down and stop overreacting. Then they spent 30 days doing nothing to fix the car while we had an old, trash, stinky loaner that my family refused to board. It's all been downhill from there.

$115k car and they treated me worse than if I bought a Corolla. Sheesh.

IMO just go enjoy your car if you can.

Tesla took that enjoyment away from me when the car threw a bunch of bunch of error codes and shut down. Then they told my wife to calm down and stop overreacting. Then they told me to calm down and stop overreacting. Then they spent 30 days doing nothing to fix the car while we had an old, trash, stinky loaner that my family refused to board. It's all been downhill from there.

$115k car and they treated me worse than if I bought a Corolla. Sheesh.

I hear your pain, but it seems like we all heard your story now, again and again… Maybe it’s time for you to move on and enjoy whichever ICE you end up going with? Constantly revisiting past trauma is said not to be good for you…

Reactions: holeydonut
I hear your pain, but it seems like we all heard your story now, again and again… Maybe it’s time for you to move on and enjoy whichever ICE you end up going with? Constantly revisiting past trauma is said not to be good for you…

Tesla reps ghosted me about my buyback. Was supposed to have paperwork signed last week but so far I haven't see a Docusign or been told to go in person to sign. Been trying to reach them yesterday and today. If you could try and contact Dublin, CA Tesla and tell them you're tired of hearing this loser rant about his trash-ass Tesla, that'd be great thanks.

I can’t really enjoy this GLS since it’s not the car I want. I put solar on my roof to charge 2 EVs and got two Tesla wall connectors. WTF am I supposed to do with this crap now?

Last edited:
These are the main ones.
Overall, I'm happy with it. Bit then, my expectation was not much from Tesla, they are good with many things - finishing is not one of those. Hahaha.
I had similar issue to your first pic. It turns out that my quarter glass was incorrectly installed:

Concern: Customer states both falcon wing doors seem to be slightly out of adjustment (Door to Qtr glass). *SEE BLUE TAPE*
Confirmed customer concern., Technician adjusted both falcon wing doors for best fitment. Doors within factory specifications. Technician found LH quarter glass incorrectly installed causing fitment issues with falcon wing door. Technician replaced LH quarter glass and verified fitment is within factory specifications.

Does anyone else think it is disingenuous for Tesla to still be listing the MXP with an estimated delivery of May, when they are obviously not delivering new plaid orders this month. I placed my order on May 3rd and the delivery date has already been updated to extend into early July. I think this is kind of shady since the 3 years of free super charging says you must take delivery before June 30th in the fine print and anyone ordering now because of that deal may miss the deadline. I could miss the deadline even though I ordered pretty early during the promotion period.

Maybe Tesla extends the promotion or changes the terms to include anyone who placed an order during the promotion period, or maybe they have a big end of quarter delivery push, but it just seems like the terms of this deal and the way Tesla handles delivery estimates is setting some people up for disappointment.

I ordered mine early May, a new inventory model - have completed all the steps (got Tesla financing, even paid the down payment), and no delivery date (just a range for up to May 26th which keeps sliding back day by day). Do have a VIN… first Tesla purchase…does this sound normal?

Order placed May 6th, called Fremont factory and got matched to a VIN with my exact specs (MXP, white, white interior, 22”, and yoke). Only reason I did t get matched to this VIN automatically is because it was allocated for Sacramento and I had chosen Fremont as my pick up.

Shortly after speaking with sales I called the delivery team and have it scheduled for pick up Sunday 05/21/23.

Reactions: EV3_
Order placed May 6th, called Fremont factory and got matched to a VIN with my exact specs (MXP, white, white interior, 22”, and yoke). Only reason I did t get matched to this VIN automatically is because it was allocated for Sacramento and I had chosen Fremont as my pick up.

Shortly after speaking with sales I called the delivery team and have it scheduled for pick up Sunday 05/21/23.
Thanks for the insight - what is the # for the delivery team?

Thanks for the insight - what is the # for the delivery team?
For the Fremont location, I called (510)249-3500, option 1, option 1

These are the main ones.

Hey - what software version did your X come with out of the factory?

Order placed on May 3. MXP white with white interior. 20 inch and steering wheel. Got the VIN assigned today with delivery estimate of June 6 - 13.
Interesting... where are you located in the US? (There are many "la grange"'s in the US...). Im in NC and ordered MXP 4/28 with silver/20/yoke but no VIN. Estimate still shows "May 31 - Jul 5". Trying to discern if they are batching colors or locations for delivery or ... randomly?