Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Premium Upgrade Price Decrease — What it means for existing orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a MX w/ PUP on 7/17, it was confirmed on the day of the price drop. I reached out to the OA and he said that the only way to receive the new pricing was to order a new one which would push my delivery out further. We ordered another MX w/ PUP on 7/19 (different OA). The second OA contradicted the first OA informing me that both MX's will get the discounted price for the PUP at delivery.

Misinformed OA, especially when this first came out. Your OA might have a more accurate reply now.

Misinformed OA, especially when this first came out. Your OA might have a more accurate reply now.

I'm dealing with two OAs, which one are you referring to being the misinformed one?

The second OA called me earlier this late afternoon and mentioned the reason the discounted price will apply to both MXs is due to both being ordered within the 3-day window of the price change (not yet confirmed).

I'm dealing with two OAs, which one are you referring to being the misinformed one?

The second OA called me earlier this late afternoon and mentioned the reason the discounted price will apply to both MXs is due to both being ordered within the 3-day window of the price change (not yet confirmed).

Sorry, my bad, if you were within the 3 day window then they should honor it. Many of us who posted on this forum were not and they did not honor it. Congrats on your 2 X's!!

Reactions: spectrum
My MX was ordered at the end of June without the PUPG package. However, as my current lease hadnt expired we requested delivery at the end of december. This means the car hasnt gone into production yet.

Does anyone else have a non-PUPG MX on order that was eventually manufactured with the PUPG? I’m hoping/assuming that there is going to be a point in time where they will stop manufacturing non-PUPG cars and convert the remaining existing orders to include (parts of) PUPG free of charge....

I also ordered my MX without PUP on the 15th July. I've asked to postpone the delivery of my MX in order to have sufficient time to sold my X5. End of fabrication is scheduled for 10th of October for a delivery in France around the 2nd December.
Apparently we will have at least for free the HEPA filter. For sure all the soft activated elements (such as cold package or biologic filter) will not be available.
I still hope that the audio will be upgraded for free. As Tesla is installing the HEPA filter for non-PUP cars, we can hope that they will also install the sub and upgraded speakers.
I will let you know early December once delivered.