Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X price cuts- yet again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hope everyone's having a great weekend so far! I tried to steer this thread to a more positive vibe because I believe in balance. I do see both sides here and I do think we should all respect everyone's experiences and views, the bad AND the good experiences. I wouldn't want to get bullied/pressured just because I have better luck with my MX/Tesla and people better not say directly to me that my car is crap, and at the same time I wouldn't want any of my bad experiences to be disregarded because who knows if I'll go through the same thing one day and need advice. There's no right or wrong here.

Overall, Tesla should build better quality cars and should take care of their customers if there's a problem, universally throughout all their locations.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great long weekend! Don't worry too much, have fun with all your vehicles, EVs or ICE ones! ❤️

Reactions: CleanDemon
Compare those 5,10,15,50,100 posts to the hundreds of thousands of MX owners. Those who are upset are much more likely to post and complain then those who are happy with their vehicle. Take me for example…. Back in March and April of 2021 when I ordered my M3 LR. I was posting in here and checking out the site a lot. After I got the vehicle, I didn’t login till now. Again I’m not saying it’s okay but there is issues like this in every make and while Tesla needs to improve its customer service in leaps and bounds…. My statement still holds the true… it’s a minority.

And if it wasn’t… we’ll then people wouldn’t buy them and Tesla wouldn’t be able to sell these things. Again, I am not saying I wouldn’t be extremely upset if the posted issues were happening to me. Maybe I’ll fall victom in a couple weeks when I take over ownership of my 2023 MXP. But even if I do… my opinion will still remain the same.

And some of us are not trying to silence your right to free speech. We are confused as to why you continuously hate on a brand… on a fan site of such brand??? 🤔

Tesla gets enough hate in the ICE world from those who have no other argument other than they want to hear the vroom vroom sound of the engine and smell the exhaust (give me a break lol). Why not join them? Again do as you like, it’s a free world and it’s not like you are bothering me. It just seems counter productive (and odd) to do it here if you dislike teslas.
This is not a fan site. It's an information sharing site. If you want a fan site, go start one, instead of trying (in vain) to stifle frank discussion with your "go somewhere else if you don't like it" nonsense

Reactions: Genie
This is not a fan site. It's an information sharing site. If you want a fan site, go start one, instead of trying (in vain) to stifle frank discussion with your "go somewhere else if you don't like it" nonsense
Awww look at that… I touched a nerve lol.

Perhaps fan site was the wrong description, but there is literally “CLUB” in the name. At the bare minimum it means we all came together to support the brand lol. And sharing info is one thing. By all means do so, even negative ones. I also have critical things to say about Tesla. Nothing wrong with that. However, stating that the cars are TRASH over and over is quite another. If they are such trash to you then WHY ARE YOU HERE? 😂. Is that a concept that your mind cannot grasp? It’s a question, not a demand lol. Do as you wish. What you do does not affect me. Have at it. I only stated it looked odd. I was also just sharing my experiences and that these HORROR experiences, while terrible, are indeed the minority. People come here excited as hell because they just ordered their dream car and they are met with posts about how much they suck lol. I think they should see the negative experiences, absolutely. A buyer should have ALL the information made available to them. But they also have every right to be excited as well and know that there are thousands among thousands of very HAPPY Tesla owners 😎.

I was trying to be respectful till someone said I was drinking koolaid. No I just have a logical mind and some need reading comprehension. If my MXP has issues and Tesla continues their known lack of customer service then yes… I’ll be just as pissed as some of these posters. Probably even more so. And I will, like them, post my experience and rant about how it’s unacceptable. But here will be the difference…

After I rant and give my experience… I’ll still not call the cars trash. My opinion on that will not change. I’ll understand I’m in the minority. I already know the customer service is crap. That is not news to me and that is a risk we all take until it changes. My model 3 LR has been the best car I’ve ever owned. ZERO issues. You can say I’m lucky or whatever, but how the hell can I call their cars trash when I’ve had two years of fun driving and zero maintenance? I can’t. My friend has had a MXP for a couple years and absolutely LOVES his.

So again… share your negative experiences as a way of warning to others and to let Tesla know what it lacks. But when you started calling the cars trash over and over, it was a bit much. And stating that owners like me who HAVNT had those bad experiences were just drinking koolaid was uncalled for. Yes we are all very aware we are buying a 6-figure car and with that comes financial risk. I am sure we all didn’t go into this easily.

Last edited:
16 pages. Some venting. Some informative posts. This is what I expect to find here.

As far as price and build quality I don’t think Tesla can take the X any lower in price at current quality or higher in quality even if they raised the price.

It was never designed to be mass produced (over 1 million units per year) . It’s not a hand built luxury SUV. Is has an incredibly large code base that runs the basic vehicle functions. No way Tesla will debug a single vehicles software. They service tech read the codes and provide they best solution they are aware of. Service/sales managers are just making sure they are hitting numbers.

We need National 30 day lemon laws. Or we should, at a reasonable cost/loss be offered 30 day buy back guarantee.

If Tesla had to eat the 30 day used car depreciation they might care more about quality. They care about quarterly sales numbers. The bar may not be very high but I do think they are at the top. Though i don’t have good sense about Kia/Hyundai owners over all experiences

I’m fairly happy with an almost 7 year old MX. all the “bugs” have been sorted out before I got my hands on it, minus a cold weather SC error. Find me a better EV brand nowadays. I see changes on the horizon but it’s 48+ month before any changes.

At the bare minimum it means we all came together to support the brand lol.

…WHY ARE YOU HERE? 😂.
I did not join to support or criticize the brand. I’m generally not a joiner, but shortly after my delivery Tesla got rid of the “T” button on the screen ( help button) and suddenly there was no source for owner info from Tesla.
This is a good place for exchanging info, quite a variety of knowledge, people usually get their questions answered.

Other forums I have surfed (kitchen appliances for example) do not seem to “support the brand,” they are filled with comments both positive and negative, probably >50% negative as members are looking for help with problems, not to adore the products.

There’s room for fans and critics here, and room for questions and complaints. You say you might call a car unacceptable, but you would not call it trash. Semantics.
I

Best of luck with your MX delivery.

I did not join to support or criticize the brand. I’m generally not a joiner, but shortly after my delivery Tesla got rid of the “T” button on the screen ( help button) and suddenly there was no source for owner info from Tesla.
This is a good place for exchanging info, quite a variety of knowledge, people usually get their questions answered.

Other forums I have surfed (kitchen appliances for example) do not seem to “support the brand,” they are filled with comments both positive and negative, probably >50% negative as members are looking for help with problems, not to adore the products.

There’s room for fans and critics here, and room for questions and complaints. You say you might call a car unacceptable, but you would not call it trash. Semantics.
I

Best of luck with your MX delivery.
See I agree with this. I agree with all of this. Which makes me believe my overall point went over your head or perhaps I just stink at explaining my stance. Being critical is one thing, if anything it alerts others of potential negatives. I was talking more about literally calling Tesla trash. Then why stick around if Tesla is trash and you dumped the vehicle lol

7 months ago, I said out loud that I expected that I'd probably own an electric car sometime in my lifetime (I'm in my late 50's). 6.5 months ago, we got a MY for my wife following a very impromptu test drive as we were literally heading to secure a new 4Runner for me--coming out of a 2021 Land Cruiser. Four months later, I was so impressed with the MY that I ended up dumping the 4R to get a MX.

As a major car enthusiast, I'm not overly impressed with Tesla build quality etc. but my experience so far has been great. I love driving my MX for so many reasons--performace key among them. It's a shame a handful of folks on this forum have had a really shitty experience only exacerbated by really bad customer support. Hard to imagine how some of the experiences have been handled so poorly.

I remain cautiously optimistic that I won't run into the issues others have but, at the same time, I don't want to own a Tesla outside of warranty right now. More often than not, though, I find myself thinking, "why aren't all cars like this". Tesla does so much right but are scarred by a few horror stories that seriously make me question my decision to get in and make me wonder what I'll do when it's time to replace the MX in a few years. I'm hoping it's another MX or whatever replaces it by then but time will tell.

7 months ago, I said out loud that I expected that I'd probably own an electric car sometime in my lifetime (I'm in my late 50's). 6.5 months ago, we got a MY for my wife following a very impromptu test drive as we were literally heading to secure a new 4Runner for me--coming out of a 2021 Land Cruiser. Four months later, I was so impressed with the MY that I ended up dumping the 4R to get a MX.

As a major car enthusiast, I'm not overly impressed with Tesla build quality etc. but my experience so far has been great. I love driving my MX for so many reasons--performace key among them. It's a shame a handful of folks on this forum have had a really shitty experience only exacerbated by really bad customer support. Hard to imagine how some of the experiences have been handled so poorly.

I remain cautiously optimistic that I won't run into the issues others have but, at the same time, I don't want to own a Tesla outside of warranty right now. More often than not, though, I find myself thinking, "why aren't all cars like this". Tesla does so much right but are scarred by a few horror stories that seriously make me question my decision to get in and make me wonder what I'll do when it's time to replace the MX in a few years. I'm hoping it's another MX or whatever replaces it by then but time will tell.
Same same

Even thought about buying a Land Cruiser as our family hauler! But we own a Tundra, and one drive of the Land Cruiser was enough to convince me I don't need a smaller cushier Tundra, much as I wanted to love it I need car dynamics unless I'm doing truck things

The fact that people care enough about the X to bitch about it on the forums is a good sign for its longevity as a weird niche enthuisast family-hauler option. The doors are sortof like a big playful dog, kids love them until they get whacked in the face, then they're always watching the doors very carefully lol

Tesla gambled on EV, and it has paid off. They have a 10 year head start. But give it another 3-5 years. Every automaker has a bunch of EV’s lined up. So if Tesla wants to stay relevant, they better rethink their quality & customer service. They might just end up being as relevant as Chargepoint or Electrify America.

Tesla gambled on EV, and it has paid off. They have a 10 year head start. But give it another 3-5 years. Every automaker has a bunch of EV’s lined up. So if Tesla wants to stay relevant, they better rethink their quality & customer service. They might just end up being as relevant as Chargepoint or Electrify America.
I’m not convinced that Tesla wants to play the classic dealership game of customer service. Improve quality? maybe if they see it marking more profit.

Software is now arguably just as important as any other aspect of a vehicle. Tesla got that early on. The clean slate they started from was and is still an advantage. We have seen Tesla respond with price cuts not red carpets.

How long can they maintain profitability with increased competition? That is the question. One cost advantage they have is how few face to face interactions Tesla employees have with customers. I don’t see any large voluntary changes coming soon. If anything I see other manufacturers following Teslas model.

Reactions: CleanDemon
I’m not convinced that Tesla wants to play the classic dealership game of customer service. Improve quality? maybe if they see it marking more profit.

Software is now arguably just as important as any other aspect of a vehicle. Tesla got that early on. The clean slate they started from was and is still an advantage. We have seen Tesla respond with price cuts not red carpets.

How long can they maintain profitability with increased competition? That is the question. One cost advantage they have is how few face to face interactions Tesla employees have with customers. I don’t see any large voluntary changes coming soon. If anything I see other manufacturers following Teslas model.
You can only build crappy products for so long before customers start to look elsewhere.

You can only build crappy products for so long before customers start to look elsewhere.
I still do not think tesla makes crappy products by any definition. I think there is TWO areas tesla sucks at thus far...

1.) Build quality (panel gaps, etc)
2.) Customer service / Quality control

But as far as the product itself... You have to know what you are paying for and thus far, you would be hard-pressed to find a better car. The convenience, the lack of upkeep, the performance, etc... You're getting a hell of a car. Now... there are those who have went through absolute hell dealing with Tesla. They are outliers, but I agree it is absolutely unacceptable and tbh... they seem to be dealing better with it than I would. I would be livid. Having said that though... I have a hard time calling their product crappy and I could list an insane amount of reasons...

Reactions: Dayreg and EbS-P
I still do not think tesla makes crappy products by any definition. I think there is TWO areas tesla sucks at thus far...

1.) Build quality (panel gaps, etc)
2.) Customer service / Quality control

But as far as the product itself... You have to know what you are paying for and thus far, you would be hard-pressed to find a better car. The convenience, the lack of upkeep, the performance, etc... You're getting a hell of a car. Now... there are those who have went through absolute hell dealing with Tesla. They are outliers, but I agree it is absolutely unacceptable and tbh... they seem to be dealing better with it than I would. I would be livid. Having said that though... I have a hard time calling their product crappy and I could list an insane amount of reasons...

Nah, it's worse. It's their ideology of 'firmware bugs'.

When the firmware bugs cause the car to shut down while being driven, Tesla says that's "normal and expected" due to how advanced the car is. So when you put your family in a Tesla, you're intentionally accepting the risk that sometimes that car will just stop operating the way you want. Deal with it; or get a different brand. So I got a different brand.

You may think it's just a panel gap issue or some basic QC so you feel better about your position. But I'm telling you it's much worse than that.

Edit: I don't have 4,200 posts on TMC since I'm just here to rag on Tesla. Most people that knew me in April 2023 would rate me as a 10/10 on Tesla Fanboi-ism. Like I'd tell people about how great the product was; how awesome Powerwalls were; and how clean-charging BEVs with the Tesla Ecosystem was so bad-azz. I'm just a bit smarter now. Because Tesla told me their cars are prone to just shutting down and that's normal. So if I didn't like that reality, I need to drop Tesla. And that's what I did.

Last edited:
inventory cars get another price cut and free supercharging for 3 years, which won’t cause any congestion at superchargers no sir

No demand problems though

Maybe they should offer a stalk retrofit under the “controls” option lol

But give it another 3-5 years. Every automaker has a bunch of EV’s lined up. So if Tesla wants to stay relevant, they better rethink their quality & customer service. They might just end up being as relevant as Chargepoint or Electrify America.
I don't think so. We've been hearing for a long time now about the other auto maker making a more compelling EV. Hasn't happen. I don't think this will age well. Keep in mind that EA and CP becoming irrelevant is due to Tesla.

I don't think so. We've been hearing for a long time now about the other auto maker making a more compelling EV. Hasn't happen. I don't think this will age well. Keep in mind that EA and CP becoming irrelevant is due to Tesla.
I don’t see how any lower volume products say less than 100k units a year will compete with the X / S. For the next 4 years. By that point Stellantis may be out of business same with Rivian and Lucid. That leaves Ford GM Honda and Toyota. GM has fumbled on the luxury market, Toyota and Honda too late to the party. Leaving Ford the only competition. And i haven’t seen many high end flagship products being discussed.