Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the latest yoke revision is 1622612-00-H (based on MXP delivered in Nov). Based on rumors of new wheel/yoke with mechanical horn, the part number for that is ***-A. So not sure which your SA was referring to, but being that was in Sept, my guess would probably be the new part number with revision -A probably.

While speaking with Service a couple of days ago I mentioned the peeling yoke. New part number is out but new part is not yet. Owners who have reported peeling should expect to be notified (sure, that’s what he said anyway).

Both of my FWD will randomly detect an object and not open. I already let service attempt to fix it 4 times, now going on fifth. Before my next service visit, I requested a call from the service manager. After speaking with the SM, I decided to take the route for a buyback. I was informed it can take 30-40 days before I receive a response back if it is approved or denied.
Having two little kids (6 and 2 years old) with problematic doors is annoying, especially when it is cold or raining outside.

Both of my FWD will randomly detect an object and not open. I already let service attempt to fix it 4 times, now going on fifth. Before my next service visit, I requested a call from the service manager. After speaking with the SM, I decided to take the route for a buyback. I was informed it can take 30-40 days before I receive a response back if it is approved or denied.
Having two little kids (6 and 2 years old) with problematic doors is annoying, especially when it is cold or raining outside.

The binding arbitration portion of the purchase agreement says they have 30 days to respond to your buyback request, sent to [email protected]. If they take longer than that, they can't hold you to binding arbitration.

When emailed them my request, they responded on the 30th day.

This issue with the FWDs not opening is one of the many issues I had that they couldn't fix. I just got used to holding the open button after an ejection failure to force it open all the way. Plus it would never EVER open up all the way in the garage despite having more than 2 feet of clearance overhead.

The binding arbitration portion of the purchase agreement says they have 30 days to respond to your buyback request, sent to [email protected]. If they take longer than that, they can't hold you to binding arbitration.

When emailed them my request, they responded on the 30th day.

This issue with the FWDs not opening is one of the many issues I had that they couldn't fix. I just got used to holding the open button after an ejection failure to force it open all the way. Plus it would never EVER open up all the way in the garage despite having more than 2 feet of clearance overhead.
Should I proceed with emailing [email protected] myself or take the word of the Service Manager that she’ll do it?

Plus it would never EVER open up all the way in the garage despite having more than 2 feet of clearance overhead.
There’s a setting to override and tell it to always fully open up in a location. Did you try that? It worked for me: sensor was detecting the garage door opener track and hardware and was too cautious but the override setting fixed it just fine

There’s a setting to override and tell it to always fully open up in a location. Did you try that? It worked for me: sensor was detecting the garage door opener track and hardware and was too cautious but the override setting fixed it just fine
This might be a dumb question, but does setting location specific FWD opening, is that per side or does the setting assume for both doors? Also, that setting is just for how high it opens and that the swing motion/angle will still utilize the USS each time on door open for any potential side obstruction?

Last edited:
This might be a dumb question, but does setting location specific FWD opening, is that per side or does the setting assume for both doors? Also, that setting is just for how high it opens and that the swing motion/angle will still utilize the USS each time on door open for any potential side obstruction?

It’s location specific. And the hardware changes all the time. keep trying.
I recall, around late 2022, I was in the garage and FWDs wouldn’t open all the way. There was some combination of a message on the screen, with an option to change something, that fixed it. It gave me that option in low ceiling parking garages to, but I don’t use that option then because it is usually correct — there are low hanging things to hit.