Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is safe to drive in the familiar hood with low charge, I aim to get home with 2% ;)
not sure what concept of safe you are referring to. It certainly isn’t wise. For a number of reasons you might have to take a long unexpected trip and you can’t because your battery has two percent. emoji winks won’t help you in those situations.

A big benefit of EVs is that you can have a “full tank” pretty much all the time by just plugging in every night. no reason not to do that and lots of reasons not to drive around winking at 2%

Reactions: NJturtlePower
not sure what concept of safe you are referring to. It certainly isn’t wise. For a number of reasons you might have to take a long unexpected trip and you can’t because your battery has two percent. emoji winks won’t help you in those situations.

I'm not a fatalist. In such a situation I can take a taxi or rental or borrow a neighbor's car. The wink meant that I do this rarely enough not to worry about it.
A big benefit of EVs is that you can have a “full tank” pretty much all the time by just plugging in every night. no reason not to do that and lots of reasons not to drive around winking at 2%
2% is fine as as it is also good for the battery to calibrate some times. Also for fast supercharging stops on trips it is most optimal to start at low SOC.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark
Pickup 10/29/22 23 model year lrmodelx
Driver door port hole window trim cracked- replaced
Rear passenger port hole window interior weather stripping 2 inch bulge sticking out- repaired
Front drivers and passengers vertical weather stripping fell off(interior near hinges) repaired
Passenger front window attempts to close upon closing vent function but opens leaving about 6 inch opening- windows recalibrated by mobile tech- problem still there- new appt at a sc- they want to replace regulator/motor.

Thank you to all who participate in this site- VERY helpful to me

• Informative
Reactions: Neewbs and Tiger
First year, 6/8/22 delivery 2022 Model X LR

Both front door weather striping and one rear door was ultimately replaced because the glue failed.

Alignment of the roof glass on the falcon wing doors was off causing the center seals to buckle funny. They ultimately replaced the glass on both.

A couple of rear most side window (the part that doesn’t open) trims became loose at different times and were reattached.

Overall pretty darn happy (Knock on wood!)

Reactions: Tiger
Next in the saga, driver's side falcon wing door loses calibration (just calibrated again 2 days ago after the first time it wouldn't open). Service center tomorrow.

IMG_4787.jpeg

Pickup 10/29/22 23 model year lrmodelx
Driver door port hole window trim cracked- replaced
Rear passenger port hole window interior weather stripping 2 inch bulge sticking out- repaired
Front drivers and passengers vertical weather stripping fell off(interior near hinges) repaired
Passenger front window attempts to close upon closing vent function but opens leaving about 6 inch opening- windows recalibrated by mobile tech- problem still there- new appt at a sc- they want to replace regulator/motor.

Thank you to all who participate in this site- VERY helpful to me
Passenger window not closing after toggling vent-one mobile and one sc and still happening

Since software update 2023.26.9 our window automatic close no longer works. It was working fine before. DH read something about Tesla increasing the sensitivity on the automatic closing (some safety recall??) so that change broke it for us. Both passenger and driver door windows. Didn't bother with the back row - probably the same.

No problem with manually closing the windows or the small amount the windows open for the doors to open and then close again. That works fine thank goodness. So the car is operable and lockable.

But it's annoying. Surely we aren't the only ones? If this is rare I'll report it to the local service center.

Since software update 2023.26.9 our window automatic close no longer works. It was working fine before. DH read something about Tesla increasing the sensitivity on the automatic closing (some safety recall??) so that change broke it for us. Both passenger and driver door windows. Didn't bother with the back row - probably the same.
Have you tried recalibrating the windows? (I think there is a procedure in the service mode, but the old way was to press and hold to lower for ~15 seconds after it went down, and then raise it and hold for ~15 seconds after it was up.)

Reactions: AudreyHTX1
Do the current Model X which are being delivered now look better in these places? Here are pictures of my Model X Plaid,
December 2022 👎🏻

Attachments

• IMG_3306.jpeg
    IMG_3306.jpeg
    311.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_3280.jpeg
    IMG_3280.jpeg
    360.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3312.jpeg
    IMG_3312.jpeg
    609.2 KB · Views: 95
nope, Tesla is still throwing in the "panel gap package" free of charge on majority of the X's. It's a hit or miss.

Tesla tried multiple times to fix my FWD alignment but kept saying it was within spec and that it could never be perfect and the best they could do is split the difference between adjacent panels. The last adjustment they made to anything was the right front door which was undeflush with the FWD at the top of the panel. They adjusted the door strike to bring it out so it was flush with the middle/top of the FWD but overflush with the bottom.

I was able to achieve perfect panel gaps and alignment once I realized the root of nearly all the errors starts at the front fenders. Once I realigned those, everything else fell into place including the front doors and finally the FWDs......just in time to surrender as part of the buyback settlement. It had lots of other ongoing issues with the vehicle itself, so combine that with the fact that I got my purchase price and not the new $50K lower price, I was happy to be rid of it.

Still, in all, I spent about 40 hours on panel re-alignment most of which was FWD strut and hinge disassembly. Even bought a shop hoist like the one on the FSM to support the door with the struts removed.

Tesla tried multiple times to fix my FWD alignment but kept saying it was within spec and that it could never be perfect and the best they could do is split the difference between adjacent panels. The last adjustment they made to anything was the right front door which was undeflush with the FWD at the top of the panel. They adjusted the door strike to bring it out so it was flush with the middle/top of the FWD but overflush with the bottom.

I was able to achieve perfect panel gaps and alignment once I realized the root of nearly all the errors starts at the front fenders. Once I realigned those, everything else fell into place including the front doors and finally the FWDs......just in time to surrender as part of the buyback settlement. It had lots of other ongoing issues with the vehicle itself, so combine that with the fact that I got my purchase price and not the new $50K lower price, I was happy to be rid of it.

Still, in all, I spent about 40 hours on panel re-alignment most of which was FWD strut and hinge disassembly. Even bought a shop hoist like the one on the FSM to support the door with the struts removed.
man you are a trooper on trying to get the gaps fixed! Sucks you had to give it up though. For the best I assume. Mine are not bad, maybe its bc I close my eyes when I walk up to my car or just look at the ground when approaching the vehicle LOL. Jokes aside, they don't bother me as much anymore as I looked at my other cars and noticed the same. I was never trained to look for this stuff until I decided to purchase a tesla. Now all of my cars has panel gaps except for my bicycle.

Reactions: Bigriver
My Nov '23 build panel gaps were very good except for the right side trunk hatch which was a little higher than the quarter panel when closed and the strip on the roof that separates the FWD and hatch lid was a bit off kilter. Everything else matched up pretty well. The door handles between the front passenger doors and the FWD lined up perfectly on both sides so there was no scoliosis of the door handles.

Reactions: jebinc
Delivered 12/03/2021
MXLR Blue/Black/20”/6 Seater/No FSD

1. Missing trunk tray.
2. Stains on chairs and panels.
3. Driver side window stops going up as if gets stuck.
4. Passenger side FWD doesn’t close. Thinks something is in the way. I can see the red sensor flashing on the display like something is outside the door.
5 looks like clear coat drops on the driver side rear window.
6. Panel carpet in rear truck not assembled correctly. Completely missed the holes.
7. Clunk sound from front and rear passenger side suspension on uneven surfaces.
8. Driver side FWD panel rubbing paint off body of car.
9. Wipers leaving streaks of I wiped rain.
10. Creaking sounds on uneven surfaces. Probably the FWD and the body.
11. Probably more that is not known…

It’s brand new!!! Needless to say, disappointed and would not recommend Tesla to anyone. Seems like they are taking advantage of buyers with touchless pick up.
Verified purchase or troll???