Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model X Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wiper blades in my 3-week old 2023 MX LR can get really noisy. Only noticed this recently on a road trip, as the weather got really cold (under 10 degrees F). Especially with TACC and EAP requiring auto wipers, they often turn on with just sprinkles of rain or snow, and they are so loud that it is not just uncomfortable and much louder than my music, but I am literally concerned they will scratch the glass.

There are several threads about wiper issues, but I don't see real consensus. Suggestions range from cleaning the windshield with a mix of alcohol and distilled water and a microfiber cloth, to using RainX, to avoiding rain X because it will make the problem worse, to polishing the windshield with misc products because new Teslas have some kind of film on it, to using non-OEM wipers, to using steel-wool (really???).

Do other people have this problem with refresh MX? Any solutions that work? Turning the washers on helps for a few seconds, but then the problem returns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and Happy Holidays!

The wiper blades in my 3-week old 2023 MX LR can get really noisy. Only noticed this recently on a road trip, as the weather got really cold (under 10 degrees F). Especially with TACC and EAP requiring auto wipers, they often turn on with just sprinkles of rain or snow, and they are so loud that it is not just uncomfortable and much louder than my music, but I am literally concerned they will scratch the glass.

There are several threads about wiper issues, but I don't see real consensus. Suggestions range from cleaning the windshield with a mix of alcohol and distilled water and a microfiber cloth, to using RainX, to avoiding rain X because it will make the problem worse, to polishing the windshield with misc products because new Teslas have some kind of film on it, to using non-OEM wipers, to using steel-wool (really???).

Do other people have this problem with refresh MX? Any solutions that work? Turning the washers on helps for a few seconds, but then the problem returns. Thanks in advance for any suggestions and Happy Holidays!
FYI, since I can't delete the previous post, my issue has been mostly resolved. I think the problem was caused 90% from ice that had formed on the back of the wiper blades, making them less flexible, and 10% from remnants on the windshield of the protective film that I assume was there during shipping. After cleaning the windshield with 91% alcohol and a microfiber cloth, and clearing all ice from the wiper blades, they sound almost normal. I expect wipers will return to normal when temperatures return above freezing.

Reactions: AAARSINIC
Happy to say I finally got a second row (5pax) all-weather mat that fits. Weather tech recently released the five passenger version.

I tried the front mats previously and was disappointed with the fit. The second row fits like a glove and has the typical molded edges to keep things contained, and from rolling under the seats (maybe in chill mode).

Has anyone also noticed the Model X headlights do not cast uniform light? I’ve got my 2022 LR serviced for this issue but replaced ones are even worse, with the headlight on right side producing bright and dark spots on the road, which is quite distracting when driving in dark. I wonder if this is a common issue.
Update in case anyone hits the same issue. Service acknowledged this issue and fixed it with some adjustment/alignment. They didn’t replace anything so I assume it was done by software. No more eye catching bright spots.

IMG_3412.jpeg

Did anyone have misaligned hood (driver side) like this when they took delivery? I don't think this is "within specs".

One question for those with a 6-seat configuration, when I press easy entry on the second row seats, they both make this click/ pop sound when they move back up from the forward + reclined position. Doesn’t stop the motion or get stuck, but I just find it weird because using the normal seat adjustment (not the easy entry button), both seats run relatively quiet. Is this normal?

One question for those with a 6-seat configuration, when I press easy entry on the second row seats, they both make this click/ pop sound when they move back up from the forward + reclined position. Doesn’t stop the motion or get stuck, but I just find it weird because using the normal seat adjustment (not the easy entry button), both seats run relatively quiet. Is this normal?
I had the exact same issue. Brought it up to service and they couldn't reproduce it, which was annoying. You have to sit in it for a while to make it happen. That said, I changed the auto entry configuration and it went away. I think the difference is that I just have the seat moving forward and backward, whereas before, I also had it changing height (and, possible the recline/incline - but I don't remember).

This is normal. Once the seats go back beyond a specific point, you are hearing the locking mechanism click. This prevents the seats from moving forward during a crash. On the pre-refresh model X (I had a 2016), you would get a warning message on the center display if the seats were pushed all the way forward, saying that they were not locked and should not be occupied. I'm not sure why they removed all the seat controls (and warnings) from the center screen in the refresh.

Reactions: preilly44
I took delivery yesterday. Pretty excited and disappointed at the same time. I had 6 issues.

1) My car had a tear in the 3rd row seat and almost all seats have some kind of wrinkle or loose fitting leather. I can't imagine how they were able to park this car out saying its ready for delivery. The sales guy was trying to say this is quite normal and I just didn't give him any more time to finish his sentence. Asked for the manager and he promised to fix these issues with a service request. Let's see how that goes.

2) Passenger door trim was not flush

3) Driver side 3rd row trim was not flush.

4) The paint over the weld on the passenger side frame was not smooth and there was a tiny paint chip. Not bad but could be done better and can get worse if not taken care of.

5) Spoiler had a tiny scratch.

6) Passenger side falcon wing door was not sitting flush when closed with the roof when looked from the top angle. This could be a rubber seal issue.. Not sure but I'll let the pics talk

Attachments

• 20230324_230741.jpg
    20230324_230741.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 195
  • 20230324_160526.jpg
    20230324_160526.jpg
    532.9 KB · Views: 190
  • 20230324_160919.jpg
    20230324_160919.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 20230324_160713.jpg
    20230324_160713.jpg