Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many times was your Model X at the service center in 2021?

• Did not need service

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Needed service but did not go to service center

Votes: 3 5.1%

Votes: 11 18.6%

Votes: 12 20.3%

Votes: 7 11.9%

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • 5+

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't doubt what you say and agree with you that the software updates are usually great.

Maybe I have a car that was built on a Friday. Funny thing is one time I had my car in the service center when they still used to give loaners. I got another MX, same year, same feature set, wheels and tires, and it road much smoother and quieter than my own car. I even measured the tire pressure (was the same). The only difference was that this MX had 70K miles on it (and mine had 15K at the time). Why in the heck would there be such a vast difference between two cars of the same model year?

I was just out running errands today in my MX and, though I usually have music or a podcast on, I felt like some silence. But I forgot - can't get that in my MX. Squeaks and creaks and rattles galore. When I turned in my Q5 with 30K miles on it it was as quiet and solid - not a rattle or squeak to be found. Shutting the door on a German car is a completely different experience then the Tesla (though I do like that my MX shuts the door for me).

I think it's pretty clear that Tesla cut a lot of corners for margins and to reduce weight. For chrissakes, the thinness of the carpet in my MX is surprising and very disappointing. Bought some $300 mats hoping for a small difference but I think the car would need to be taken apart, have proper sound deadening put in the floor pan, in the frunk hood, and in the doors before any noticeable difference could be discerned.

I should also note, I live in commie California where the streets and roads are falling apart. Perhaps if I lived in Phoenix or some other city where the asphalt is buttery smooth then maybe, just maybe, I wouldn't notice some of my car's shortcomings. In any event, looking at the 2023 Audi E-tron GT.
Don’t doubt your experience. Just saying my MX is quiet, especially after changing out of the Conti factory tires, reliable, and has not given me any problems. I even still have the original 12v battery. Every brand, same model, same year, has owners reporting rattles in some and no rattles in others for example. I live in PA and the roads get regularly voted some of the worse so I am driving on bumps, ruts, and potholes and still the car is solid and rides like a 5000lb beast, nice and smooth. Of the dozen Tesla owners I know only 2 have any complaints and both got them fixed by service (although one took 3 visits to finally fix a bad rear window seal that made road noise a real issue). Hoping service can fix the issues you are experiencing.

2018 P100D has 185k miles . AC compressor failed at ~60k miles , and replaced 12v Battery twice .. my teslafi stats show an ~ 9% reduction in battery and this with over 80% of my charging at SCs

I know this is an older thread, but regarding X road noise and repair frequency, it would be good to know what size wheels folks run. I wonder if those running larger wheels have more road noise (duh) and possibly more frequent service visits (more vibrations can't be good for aluminum parts, rubber seals, or plastic parts, I would think).

I don't have an X, but I'm considering one.

I know this is an older thread, but regarding X road noise and repair frequency, it would be good to know what size wheels folks run. I wonder if those running larger wheels have more road noise (duh) and possibly more frequent service visits (more vibrations can't be good for aluminum parts, rubber seals, or plastic parts, I would think).

I don't have an X, but I'm considering one.
Year also matters. My 2022 X is considerably quieter than my 2018 X was. Both equipped with 20" tires.

• Informative
Reactions: Siraug and nicedrum
Just adding to this thread. I got a 2020 Model X performance from Tesla CPO and it has been in the service center in the last 90 days twice and yesterday had to be towed in because the falcon Wing doors wouldn't shut.

I had a Model S 90D a couple of years ago and knew that the cars can be a bit temperamental but I am starting to get pretty annoyed.

• Informative
Reactions: nicedrum