Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up mone on Saturday, everything looks fine except for the wind noice and little ghosting and squeaky notice for the FWDS. Other than that fit and finish is very good.
They did not fit my accessorie Hitch asked me to make an appointment with SC to get it fixed. Recommended 80-90% charging get for daily needs

Looks like I'll pick up mine by the end of the month as well. Received the email that it went into production last Friday and then received the email today that it just completed production. Waiting for the DS to get back to me to confirm and hopefully set up a date soon. Confirmed on 8/31 so these are getting built quick!

Picked up my X today at Fremont. They set up a bunch of tents for deliveries, must be antipating a ton end of quarter deliveries. Car is perfect and I'm in love.

Attachments

• 20160919_175051.jpg
    20160919_175051.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 89
Timeline so far for my 6-seater X (White, multi-coat)
Sept 1st. Order complete
Sept 8th. Order “confirmed”
Sept 9th. VIN assigned 02050x
Sept 19th. In production according to rep at SC, “...it just moved into the main production line. It is currently in paint …”

I was told late October delivery, but maybe they will try to squeeze this one in for a Sept delivery as well? I won’t fault them if they do!

Reactions: S-2-X
Looks like I'll pick up mine by the end of the month as well. Received the email that it went into production last Friday and then received the email today that it just completed production. Waiting for the DS to get back to me to confirm and hopefully set up a date soon. Confirmed on 8/31 so these are getting built quick!
Hi Joe,
Do you mean it went into production on Sep 9th or Sep 16th? If the 9th, that is roughly the same timeline as mine (10 days after order confirmed). Thanks,
Brad

Not yet. I suppose w/shipping to Texas I may be looking at October 1st. Will find out from the DS for sure though.

Since you pay in full to begin the shipment to TX, it is probably going to be first days of October. The reason is the full payment will go into the Customer Deposits line of company financials and helps raise that figure temporarily.

Since you pay in full to begin the shipment to TX, it is probably going to be first days of October. The reason is the full payment will go into the Customer Deposits line of company financials and helps raise that figure temporarily.
There's no real benefit to boosting Customer Deposits line item item in the 10-Q. Tesla would much much much rather boost deliveries and revenue numbers. Thus, they will do everything they can to deliver the car in September, regardless of whether you've paid already.

There's no real benefit to boosting Customer Deposits line item item in the 10-Q. Tesla would much much much rather boost deliveries and revenue numbers. Thus, they will do everything they can to deliver the car in September, regardless of whether you've paid already.

The one reason is to show higher CD to indicate the Model 3 deposit futures. One $100k model X in transit appears as 100 Model 3 reservations since they are not separated out. (see end of Q2 cars in transit aspects of the Customer Deposit value being raised quite high)

The one reason is to show higher CD to indicate the Model 3 deposit futures. One $100k model X in transit appears as 100 Model 3 reservations since they are not separated out. (see end of Q2 cars in transit aspects of the Customer Deposit value being raised quite high)
I'm aware of that, but it's an extremely nebulous benefit. The stock price moves based on revenue and deliveries. Customer deposits aren't even reported in earnings or the SH letter. You are suggesting Tesla will intentionally hold back the car to boost the Customer Deposits line item in the 10-Q and I think that is ludicrous. They have every incentive to deliver the car and recognize the revenue and will do so if possible.

Tesla is trying to deliver every car it produces in Q3. Do you think they care that this will artificially depress the customer deposits figure in the 10-Q since all the S/X deposits will convert to revenue? No.

Reactions: TMSE
Hi Joe,
Do you mean it went into production on Sep 9th or Sep 16th? If the 9th, that is roughly the same timeline as mine (10 days after order confirmed). Thanks,
Brad

I received the email that it went into production on Sep 16th. For me, my order confirmed on Aug 31st so a little over 2 weeks before it went into production. It completed production yesterday. I've read production has taken anywhere from a day to 2 weeks. The DS is the best source of info as the website and emails are not consistent.

In my experience, yes. I never got any responses to my emails. I finally got a call from my DS after I stopped by the service center to gather information about the status of my car. DS said to call him in the future, and that has worked. Kind of annoying if you are an email or text person, but oh well.

Are you working with someone out of Decatur? I've struggled with responses. Our first pick up location was Marietta and after zero email responses and no returned calls we switched to Decatur. The DS in Decatur isn't any better and Alliance needs info from them to complete their end of it! We take delivery 9/27. Frustrated at the lack of response when the rest of our experience has been wonderful.

Are you working with someone out of Decatur? I've struggled with responses. Our first pick up location was Marietta and after zero email responses and no returned calls we switched to Decatur. The DS in Decatur isn't any better and Alliance needs info from them to complete their end of it! We take delivery 9/27. Frustrated at the lack of response when the rest of our experience has been wonderful.
I take delivery from Decatur on 9/27 also. I have not even contacted Alliant yet. Seems like I am late to the party but my DS answers very quickly emails.

About the MVPA... Tesla just completed mine about an hour ago and I'm picking up in Marietta on Thursday 9/22. The Alliant rep told me that the docs could be signed the morning of delivery and we'd still be okay.

• Disagree