Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X September Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model X today in Devon. Near flawless as far as my wife and I were concerned. Noted 2 hair scratches that will be fixed in 2 weeks when the parts come in. Fit and finish otherwise perfect. Asked how many vehicles they are delivering per day and was told 9 per day.

Reactions: TslaMom
Are you working with someone out of Decatur? I've struggled with responses. Our first pick up location was Marietta and after zero email responses and no returned calls we switched to Decatur. The DS in Decatur isn't any better and Alliance needs info from them to complete their end of it! We take delivery 9/27. Frustrated at the lack of response when the rest of our experience has been wonderful.
Yes, my DS is in Decatur. I am scheduled to take delivery on 9/28. It is frustrating, isn't it? I actually need to talk to my DS today just to make sure that everything is still on track before I take my car to Car Max tomorrow to get an appraisal that will only be valid for 7 days/250 miles. I *hope* that Alliant has everything they need. They had requested something (a document) that I was told we would not have until just before delivery.

Yes, my DS is in Decatur. I am scheduled to take delivery on 9/28. It is frustrating, isn't it? I actually need to talk to my DS today just to make sure that everything is still on track before I take my car to Car Max tomorrow to get an appraisal that will only be valid for 7 days/250 miles. I *hope* that Alliant has everything they need. They had requested something (a document) that I was told we would not have until just before delivery.
I'm a day ahead of you from Decatur and haven't even started with Alliant! My tesla says in transit. Maybe I get pushed back a day if financing is not squared away.

I'm a day ahead of you from Decatur and haven't even started with Alliant! My tesla says in transit. Maybe I get pushed back a day if financing is not squared away.
Exciting! I doubt it will get pushed back.

I drove my husband's S yesterday for only about the third time in 2.5 years (he was getting my car detailed in preparation for a Car Max appraisal/trade-in with Tesla so I had his car for the day), and it made me that much more excited to take delivery of a Tesla of my own. My husband has always said how much he hates driving my Acura SUV, and now I see why! Even a 2.5 year old Model S is soooo much more fun to drive than a 9 year old Acura!

Reactions: S-2-X
Emailed your LO today.

Not sure to apply in business name or if that is even possible. Plus not sure if I need to change my DL from South Carolina to Georgia before applying or if business being in Georgia is enough
That gets a bit complicated and is best answered by the LO. She kept telling me how crazy/busy it's been with Tesla loans. I was supposed to get my docs yesterday but didn't. I followed up with her this morning and she said it will be sent today. Picking up this Saturday. GL.

image.jpeg
Looks like a bunch of MX's are getting delivered soon..

I'm supercharging outside of Toronto - Lawrence East service centre.

I still haven't seen any Model X driving around other than mine. I have however seen 3 at superchargers

So, I picked up my Model X on 09/19/16 as was initially scheduled at the Orlando location. The car is near perfect with some minor issues as mentioned below. I will be scheduling a service appointment to have them fixed once I drive the car for a couple of weeks to see if anything else pops up.

Other than this, this car is nothing like I have ever experienced. Other users have posted their long reviews of the car. So, I don't think I need to do that except to say that I agree with all the positive that others have mentioned.

Below are the issues I have experienced so far:
  1. Microphone doesn't seem to be connected during the production. The voice commands as well as blue tooth phone calls are not working. I have reset both the touch screen and the odometer screen multiple times without much luck. I have read on other posts that this issue has happened before.
  2. The ceiling glass on the driver side FWD is misaligned when compared to the glass piece that runs between the B pillars when you look on top of the car on the outside. The FWD glass seems to be depressed. No water leak into the compartment though so far as I have driven it in the rain.

Some things that are a TINY bit disappointing but not deal breakers are:
  1. Upgraded sound system is not on par even with other upgraded systems in other cars. I used to drive a Lexus with the Lexus upgraded premium system, but not their Mark-Levinson system. I feel like that system does a TINY bit better job at playing music from the blue tooth phone. Other users have already mentioned this and said the true review of the Tesla system should happen only after listening to loss-less audio played from the USB as it will blow your mind away. The reality though is that most users use their blue tooth enabled devices to listen to music and not connect a USB loaded only with loss-less files.
  2. Seats are not as comfortable as the Lexus seats, but pretty close. In my mind, it is hard to beat Lexus in terms of seat comfort though. Don't get me wrong as the Model X seats are still extremely good even for long drives, but just not good enough to beat the Lexus.
All these MINOR negatives could be easily forgotten the second you turn the autopilot ON once you are on the freeway and watch away with a big smile as you drive into the future. What an awesome experience it is to just sit back and marvel at the future and get the full view of rainbows during the Florida rain through the gigantic windshield.

-ML

• Love
Reactions: Turing and TslaMom
So, I picked up my Model X on 09/19/16 as was initially scheduled at the Orlando location. The car is near perfect with some minor issues as mentioned below. I will be scheduling a service appointment to have them fixed once I drive the car for a couple of weeks to see if anything else pops up.

Other than this, this car is nothing like I have ever experienced. Other users have posted their long reviews of the car. So, I don't think I need to do that except to say that I agree with all the positive that others have mentioned.

Below are the issues I have experienced so far:
  1. Microphone doesn't seem to be connected during the production. The voice commands as well as blue tooth phone calls are not working. I have reset both the touch screen and the odometer screen multiple times without much luck. I have read on other posts that this issue has happened before.
  2. The ceiling glass on the driver side FWD is misaligned when compared to the glass piece that runs between the B pillars when you look on top of the car on the outside. The FWD glass seems to be depressed. No water leak into the compartment though so far as I have driven it in the rain.

Some things that are a TINY bit disappointing but not deal breakers are:
  1. Upgraded sound system is not on par even with other upgraded systems in other cars. I used to drive a Lexus with the Lexus upgraded premium system, but not their Mark-Levinson system. I feel like that system does a TINY bit better job at playing music from the blue tooth phone. Other users have already mentioned this and said the true review of the Tesla system should happen only after listening to loss-less audio played from the USB as it will blow your mind away. The reality though is that most users use their blue tooth enabled devices to listen to music and not connect a USB loaded only with loss-less files.
  2. Seats are not as comfortable as the Lexus seats, but pretty close. In my mind, it is hard to beat Lexus in terms of seat comfort though. Don't get me wrong as the Model X seats are still extremely good even for long drives, but just not good enough to beat the Lexus.
All these MINOR negatives could be easily forgotten the second you turn the autopilot ON once you are on the freeway and watch away with a big smile as you drive into the future. What an awesome experience it is to just sit back and marvel at the future and get the full view of rainbows during the Florida rain through the gigantic windshield.

-ML

If I remember correctly, that voice command issue was fixed in v8.0.

Tesla v8.0 software update is being pushed right now, all the details and full release notes

Reactions: mikes_fsd
View attachment 195511 Looks like a bunch of MX's are getting delivered soon..

I'm supercharging outside of Toronto - Lawrence East service centre.

I still haven't seen any Model X driving around other than mine. I have however seen 3 at superchargers

On the windshield, driver's side - check if the little square sticker says "Customer", "Inventory" or "Marketing". Customer would be the ones to be delivered soon. The others will be listed as inventory stock or used as Demos.

Upgraded sound system is not on par even with other upgraded systems in other cars. I used to drive a Lexus with the Lexus upgraded premium system, but not their Mark-Levinson system. I feel like that system does a TINY bit better job at playing music from the blue tooth phone. Other users have already mentioned this and said the true review of the Tesla system should happen only after listening to loss-less audio played from the USB as it will blow your mind away. The reality though is that most users use their blue tooth enabled devices to listen to music and not connect a USB loaded only with loss-less files.

Make sure you turn off Dolby Surround - it's sounds like [donkey]. In other news, I was just commenting yesterday how I prefer the audio quality of Slacker compared to satellite radio in any car. Now, that's something that gives me a headache in under ten seconds...

//TB

• Informative
So, I could not resist and stopped by the SC to see if I could spot our X. It was on the lot with "sold vehicle" on the dash with about 32 other cars (55/45 split with model S still beating the X)

There were 32 Tesla's outside the fence and there were more behind the fence that I did not count. The SC will be busy over then next 9 days...

The fit and finish is almost perfect. I noticed one common problem on a handful of X's. The passenger side rear window trim (past the falcon wing door) is sticking out, almost exactly the same amount on many of the X's I checked. The driver side is perfect. It is as if all these cars were on the line with the same person installing the trim on the passenger side. There is one or two more small adjustments that I would like (exterior) and I will be satisfied!

I did not want to bother the folks at the SC, so I did not ask to get inside the car.

Funny thing, the second I confirmed that it was my VIN, I could not stop smiling... stoked! :D