Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Signature Configuration has begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X Configuration has begun!

View attachment 92622
This lightened photo from isandunkon reddit shows things a bit more clearly. I don't think anyone has mentioned that the 2nd row seats seem to show they can slide forward and backward...my non-engineer mind then can't imagine how these seats will be able to swivel/rotate. As was previously shown in user artwork, one way to get a "flat" storage space might be to slide the 2nd row all the way forward and then lay the seatbacks all the way back. With the third row folded flat there will be an almost flat surface. Third row is elevated compared to second row.

It looks like the bases of the 2nd row seats scissor down and drop down into the floor..and then the backs fold over the seats to form a low, flat surface.

Or on second thought, the entire seat structure drops into the floor, moves forward, and spoons the front seats.

I know some people may think this is a small thing, but I for one am very glad to see the X will be delivered with an integrated front center console. Now if only it comes with rear cup holders as well... :wink:

I hope that console is optional. One of the best things about the S is its lack of any console there, its such a great space for keeping large bags any other random stuff that would never fit in a console.

View attachment 92622
This lightened photo from isandunkon reddit shows things a bit more clearly. I don't think anyone has mentioned that the 2nd row seats seem to show they can slide forward and backward...my non-engineer mind then can't imagine how these seats will be able to swivel/rotate. As was previously shown in user artwork, one way to get a "flat" storage space might be to slide the 2nd row all the way forward and then lay the seatbacks all the way back. With the third row folded flat there will be an almost flat surface. Third row is elevated compared to second row.

has anyone noticed how the visors fold up and to the side window giving you a much larger front windshield without a visor blocking your view?

I think the second row seat simply doesn't fold. And fold flat only applies to the third row seats.
On the other hand, I really hope the MX to have an adjustable headrest option. In my MS, it is blocking most of my rear window view.

I think the second row seat simply doesn't fold. And fold flat only applies to the third row seats.

Isn't it quite possible that the photos shown so far are for a NextGen type of seat and that maybe those do not fold, but that there may be another seat option that does fold? Or maybe folding second row is a separate option?
Not everyone liked the Model S NextGen seats, so it would surprise me if that type of seat were only type available on the X.

This is a disappointment. The concept interior looked much sharper and plusher, just as the Model S concept interior was superior to the production version.

Really? You preferred this:

download.jpg

WRT to folding seats, note that the third row is on a platform while the second row is on pedestals. I think it's possible the third row goes backwards into the space behind them, while the second row collapses flush with the top of the platform.
I'm pretty sure this functionality is going to be there.
I thought the same thing after studying the "lightened" view of the interior with white seats.
Also, it appears the seat bases in the second row are each on a sort of pedestal. That allows for some interests possibilities in the way they could move...

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but it's nice to see the rear accessory hitch for bike or ski carriers is standard. This should help address cargo needs that many have wondered about due to the falcon wing doors. No need to pay for the tow package or getting an after-market hitch installed if you'll only need to carry around a few bikes, pairs of skis or a small hitch-mount luggage box.
image.jpg

View attachment 92622

It looks like the chrome pillar that the 2nd row seats are attached to are adjustable and can be moved all the way to the rear as far as possible. The seats themselves would then need to be moved all the way back in relation to this chrome pillar. Then, you can see a slot on the vertical pillar where the seats should be able to pivot forward and hopefully lie horizontal. The 3rd row would simply fold forward.

You would never want the 2nd or 3rd row seats to fold backwards, exposing the leather. The leather needs to be protected from whatever you're transporting, so the back of the seats always need to be on top.

BTW, with regards to the 360 degree view, I noticed that the Tesla logo on the rear trunk appears to have an embedded camera. Also, earlier mule shots seemed to have cameras on the trim over the front and rear wheels. I think there is plenty of video feed to generate a 360 degree view.

Last edited:
View attachment 92622

THIS is the interior options I would want. Silver-grey, white and chrome everything. (I know it's an artifact of manipulating the photo, but this looks really cool)

I thought the same thing after studying the "lightened" view of the interior with white seats.
Also, it appears the seat bases in the second row are each on a sort of pedestal. That allows for some interests possibilities in the way they could move...

Yeah, IMO the second row seats MUST fold completely flat. With that complex pedestal, they MUST be able to fold flat.