Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick update: Interesting trend this month so far. USA production reservations are at an all time high. 31.7 / day so far this month. Beating the 30.8 high back in September 2014 (just before the dual motor release).
We might be at the start of the buildup to the release. The Model X is only two months away, as confirmed by Elon Musk at the recent press conference, and people want to get their reservation in before the PR frenzy starts and the reservation rate goes nuts. There might also be some sort of compensation due to the delays for exisiting reservation holders at the release. And the Model X test car observations are generating a constant buzz which I'm sure isn't a bad thing.

Just curious, are you just speculating or did you stumble upon a hint in that direction? :)
It's just speculation on my part. But it wouldn't surprise me if Tesla launches the Model X at a very competitive price, waits two months and then increases prices by 10% for new buyers. (And also moves around some of the options to make the price hike less obvious.)

When Tesla launched the Model S in Norway, existing reservation holders got a discount, I think it was around 2k USD, because they had raised prices between the US launch and the launch in Norway. Early buyers also got a gift certificate for a couple of hundred bucks because some adapters for the UMC were delayed by months and people were really struggling with getting enough energy into their packs overnight. So, it's not beyond the realm of possibility, but I'm guessing you probably won't see a compensation, as such. A price hike a few months in for new buyers is more likely.

(If there's compensation at launch, don't expect more than a t-shirt saying "I waited in line for two years and all I got was this stinking t-shirt... And a Model X. AWWW YEAH!", a miniature Model X or something. Nothing with significant value.)

Last edited:
Since it hasn't really been emphasized, I suppose I'll post this here. Unless I'm missing something, the Model X will probably qualify for heavy vehicle incentives. This will be very significant in almost every country.

Annual sales for all models of Hummer peaked at 71,524. I'd expect (hope for the sake of logic) the Model X is able to far exceed that.

Last edited:
Since it hasn't really been emphasized, I suppose I'll post this here. Unless I'm missing something, the Model X will probably qualify for heavy vehicle incentives...... snip........
Toyota: Negative On Batteries Because It Has More Experience Than Any Other Maker
better check your current events. Toyota & the rest of the hydrogen / fuel cell Lobby has worked hard to assure their pet project gets all the Zev credits it can, and that electrics get as little as possible. It's a real David & Goliath - and Goliath has all the stones.

Last edited:
@AlMc you nailed it, Goliat (Toyota) can give their best shot, but because air resistans the ball will mot harm David (Tesla).
Toyota need better "amo" than goal of selling 3000 Fuel Cell cars by 2017.
Who would build expensive filling station for just a few thousand cars?

Friend of mine lives in Penn. There, they have a yearly state inspection ... and yearly emissions inspection which basically is a plug-in for the OBD socket and reading the computer. It costs roughly $25-30 for the emissions test. Times millions of cars a year. That is at least a $50 Million dollar money grab every year to make sure your car passes emissions inspection. An EV does not need something like that. Let alone the oil changes, oil leaks, etc. But the way the public works, this conversion to EVs will still take 3-4 decades to occur (due to manufacturing along with public mindshare conversion). I doubt it can be done as "simply" as the conversion from flip phones to smart phones because of cost and complexity of the product to manufacture and deliver to "everyone".

Friend of mine lives in Penn. There, they have a yearly state inspection ... and yearly emissions inspection which basically is a plug-in for the OBD socket and reading the computer......snip.......
if only PA were nearly so concerned about pollution via their coal fired electric generation plants, as well as the resulting CO2 & their hundreds of tons of coal ash. Bah, minor details . . . I guess autos are a bigger issue.
;)