Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today, all good, built 4/2016 is what the papers say, not a certain day. It's a non-PUP

- Front pic is my Avatar now, but helps answer one question asked
- Tan Leather seats feel fine so far (non-perforated)
- All doors auto-open at touch, you gotta firmely push the middle of the bar though
- Front driver door auto-closes when you push the brake, that also starts the car, not sure the rest of the doors
- Only quality issue so far was FWD window rubber rain seal, needs a tweek at first service time
- Car a little dusty, so they threw in a free detail at first service time

Lots of heads turning as I cruised main street this afternoon, whowa!

View attachment 172576
Oh yes Titanium!! I have been a little worried about my color choice so any pics posted of titanium keep me sane and reassured! Please share some more pictures. If you have dark ash interiors, some interior pics would be great! Heartiest congratulations !!

Reactions: Oloron
That thread is 3 years old, and for the Model S. :cool:
I only have the non-SUP, here's a closer-up, but reflections make it difficult to see the insides.
IMG_8998.JPG

Oh yes Titanium!! I have been a little worried about my color choice so any pics posted of titanium keep me sane and reassured! Please share some more pictures. If you have dark ash interiors, some interior pics would be great! Heartiest congratulations !!
I also thought I was the only one with Titainium, but saw quite a few being built Saturday, Red was the most popular maybe. My tour guide said the old brown (MS) was not popular at all, so then abandoned it in favor of this for both MS & MX.
We're very happy with the color and tan seats w/Matte Obeche. It's an "under the radar" color scheme, my style.
IMG_8999.JPG

@BigMskiman, Looks great, nice color combination, thanks for the pics. When you have time, can you please snap a pic of the dashboard top and console area as well as the front drivers inside door? We are all wondering what other subtle changes to the inside trim await us fellow non-PUP orders.

I only have the non-SUP, here's a closer-up, but reflections make it difficult to see the insides.
View attachment 172817
If I may nitpick, and maybe this is a little off topic as well (my apologies in advance), doesn't the fog-light assembly looks like its not a perfect fit/alignment with the fitting-enclosure specially when you look at the top left and bottom horizontal gaps. However much I love Teslas, I guess its fair to say I have to get used to not having immaculate fit and finish coming from BMWs/Audi ownership. :( The robots at Tesla aren't doing the best job of "packing" the panels, molding, fixtures down to the last millimeter. There is scope for improvement. However much I want my X delivered soon, a part of me wants it to be delivered with top notch QC.

If I may nitpick, and maybe this is a little off topic as well (my apologies in advance), doesn't the fog-light assembly looks like its not a perfect fit/alignment with the fitting-enclosure specially when you look at the top left and bottom horizontal gaps.
I don't see the same reveal on my assemblies (pictured, please excuse the bugs). However, you can see some of the cutouts in the plastic bumper are less-than-smooth and look sort of "hand-cut". Honestly, though, I couldn't tell until looking at the photos. Even taking the photo, I didn't notice. So it's not going to bother me.

IMG_1849.JPG
IMG_1850.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: ssq
BigMskiman; VIN 26xx here. That's my exact colors. Love the nPUP black headliner. Thanks so much for the pics. More interior please? Dashboard please? It's the least you can do since you got your car before me somehow. HaHa! Maybe a NorCal before SoCal thing. Enjoy!

Thanks again. Dash looks great. Is that light material in the door tan or white? It looks white in the photo.
- No white anywhere, door is tan leather like seats, see second pic showing passenger side
- Black vinyl on dash similar to steering wheel, but not as thick & soft (it might be black leather)
- Upper dash transitions to kind of a mesh black. Headliner is kind of a mesh too
- Driver seat pic attached
- Notice unused seat belt metal clasp rest position. There is a more forward position (just one) of passenger seat where this clacks against the plastic back side of seat while driving alone. Small issue nobody would thought of.
IMG_9012.JPG
IMG_9011.JPG