Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Timeline - From Prototype to Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just want to say, for the record, that if Tesla would like to fulfill my order earlier I'm quite ok with getting a car that's not 100% perfect yet. No problem here having to go back in later to have some parts swapped. Haven't minded with my S. I'm prepared to take delivery next week. K. Thanks. Bye.

I'm anxious to see the car on the road, but at least the wait is worth it because it will be perfected and built with premium quality.

I hope so because the cost of options on the Model S have sky rocketed over the last year and will probably continue to. It is not unusual for an identically configured car today to cost 10k over what it did a year ago. I know we have always expected the Model X to cost more than the Model S, but it is annoying that that higher price keeps on getting higher while Model X owners wait so patiently for them to perfect the car. As much as I wish we could lock in a price today, I understand Tesla can not name a price until they themselves fully know what they are selling. I guess it is better than the alternative -- leaky doors or worse. Ok, vent over. I will try and keep these to a minimum.

In the meantime I will have to be happy pulling my new Sylvan Go (SylvanSport GO | Lightweight, Small Pop Up Campers - Camping Trailer) behind my 120k+ mile Toyota Hybrid Highlander dreaming of the day I can hitch it to my Model X...

I hope so because the cost of options on the Model S have sky rocketed over the last year and will probably continue to. It is not unusual for an identically configured car today to cost 10k over what it did a year ago. I know we have always expected the Model X to cost more than the Model S, but it is annoying that that higher price keeps on getting higher while Model X owners wait so patiently for them to perfect the car. As much as I wish we could lock in a price today, I understand Tesla can not name a price until they themselves fully know what they are selling. I guess it is better than the alternative -- leaky doors or worse. Ok, vent over. I will try and keep these to a minimum.

In the meantime I will have to be happy pulling my new Sylvan Go (SylvanSport GO | Lightweight, Small Pop Up Campers - Camping Trailer) behind my 120k+ mile Toyota Hybrid Highlander dreaming of the day I can hitch it to my Model X...

Off-topic alert: Isn't that the best camper, ever??!!! I love mine. I just got the drill bit to be able to power it up and down, am thinking of putting the solar with it. I have two boxes always packed - camp kitchen and tent essentials. I just have to load the cooler & some firewood and we're off.

On-topic alert: I'm not particularly worried about supercharging even with this trailer. It's so easy to drop and rehook up, that I see it as an extra 5 minutes (at best) when stopping for a charge.

The interview below with Elon Musk is from Norway in English. At one point they ask him about Model X deliveries to Norway. His answer is "in about 12 months time".

It says the interview was made this morning so it there any way to work back to work out when 1st deliveries in the US will take place?

http://www.aftenbladet.no/tv/Se-hele...k-3491455.html
I don't think you can read any exact dates into that quote. The most it tells you is European deliveries will start about a quarter after U.S. deliveries. All we have to go off of now is 2015 Q2, which could mean anything from April 1, 2015 to June 30, 2015. I'd put more of a wager on June over April given Tesla's history with staying on schedule.

The interview below with Elon Musk is from Norway in English. At one point they ask him about Model X deliveries to Norway. His answer is "in about 12 months time".

It says the interview was made this morning so it there any way to work back to work out when 1st deliveries in the US will take place?

http://www.aftenbladet.no/tv/Se-hele...k-3491455.html

That was a quality interview. Thanks for posting it!

My spidey sense says it could be July. And I've set my expectations accordingly.

Bonnie, Do you happen to know why they are delaying X so much? Is it
- Engineering/manufacturing difficulties -or-
- A pure Business decision (there are only so many batteries to go around, so why not continue to sell S instead of sharing the batteries with X) -or-
- Just being extremely cautious -or-
- Something else?