Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have exactly the same issue except worse. I sold my 2017X and bought a 2024X. I had converted both my summer and winter tires to 19 inch OEM Tesla Cyclone. I am shocked to hear they do not fit. I was planning on using them on the new car. Did you do a trial fit? Also an outfit called Sportline sells 19 Tesla Model X rims that they claim fit the newer Model X. Let me know if you have learned anything else. TSS 19" Tesla Model X Long Range & Plaid Wheel (Set of 4)
My 19" Tempest JUST rubbed on the brakes. Maybe a spacer shim a couple mm out and they would have cleared? I can see how a slightly different design would work and TSport Line must be just different enough to clear. BUT they are a very open design. If you use 19s for effeciency gain, an open design has terrible aero and that will hurt range. If your reason for 19s is ride quality or other reason, then you might not care.

My 19" Tempest JUST rubbed on the brakes. Maybe a spacer shim a couple mm out and they would have cleared? I can see how a slightly different design would work and TSport Line must be just different enough to clear. BUT they are a very open design. If you use 19s for effeciency gain, an open design has terrible aero and that will hurt range. If your reason for 19s is ride quality or other reason, then you might not care.
Thanks I use the 19 inch for tire mileage and no wheel bending or curb rash, the tire sticks out past the rim. A square setup can be rotated. On the 2017 the 19 inch were OEM Tesla for Model X that used to be sold on the Tesla website.

I have exactly the same issue except worse. I sold my 2017X and bought a 2024X. I had converted both my summer and winter tires to 19 inch OEM Tesla Cyclone. I am shocked to hear they do not fit. I was planning on using them on the new car. Did you do a trial fit? Also an outfit called Sportline sells 19 Tesla Model X rims that they claim fit the newer Model X. Let me know if you have learned anything else. TSS 19" Tesla Model X Long Range & Plaid Wheel (Set of 4)
For Cyclones, yes. Is your new X Plaid? The brake caliper size on the Plaid is bigger. Cyclones + Plaid didn't fit (the wheels didn't clear the brakes). Some people in Japan say Cyclones + LR fit, but I have no personal experience.

For Cyclones, yes. Is your new X Plaid? The brake caliper size on the Plaid is bigger. Cyclones + Plaid didn't fit (the wheels didn't clear the brakes). Some people in Japan say Cyclones + LR fit, but I have no personal experience.
My 2024 model X is not a plaid. I guess I should try to see if the old cyclone wheels fit. Thanks for the information.

Reactions: hiroshiy
I looked at the Tesla Model X refresh parts catalog and it only shows one set of brakes. IE Plaid an non plaid have the same brakes, Parts Catalog

Reactions: hiroshiy
Anybody try these Nokian "All-Weather" WR G4 SUV tires?

Along the lines of a CC2 or Pirelli WeatherActive it seems.
I have the previous WR G3 SUV and they are great winter tires, these G4 are probably better still.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
I have the previous WR G3 SUV and they are great winter tires, these G4 are probably better still.
Looks like there's a even newer version just released this year.... The Remedy WRG5!

Last edited:
Latest gen just got a little fatter in the rear from 9.5” to 10”.

Offsets (+35/40) are irrelevant as far as tires go, it’s just how far out from the wheel hub the rim will sit.

Any tire that will fit the old X will fit the new X. All tires have an acceptable rim width range.

Example attached of the rear (275/45/20) Continental tires on my refresh X that have a 2” range of acceptable rims. 👀

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    200.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Genie