Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What tire pressure you guys use on 19 inch winter tires?
45 psi as recommended. 42 cold.

5uFbr6N.jpg

Reactions: Zeeshan Javaid
Has anyone tried cheaper Kumho wintercraft SUV WS71 108V XL tires for winter? The local store I used previously for my old MS recommended this and it was much cheaper with wheels than Michelin X-ICE. I drive only on a short commute to work in winter - I used the nexen winter tires on my MS and it worked fine for years, so I'm not worried about performance etc - only safety and road noise when it comes to winter.

New MXP coming soon, need to find winter tires/rims. The package from Tesla 20” cyberstream with pirelli winter seems like a decent deal. Like that it’ll probably be easier if you get a flat to get a temp rim/tire swap from Tesla roadside. But the warranty on the tires will be nil.

Other option I’m looking at is either picking up a used set of cyberstream or aftermarket rims and mounting new tires from Costco (they have a good warranty). If I go this way which is better for snow (canada), x-ice vs pirelli winter? Have sort of seen feedback on both but nothing solid, not going Hakka as there are limited shops that sell them here. Thanks!

New MXP coming soon, need to find winter tires/rims. The package from Tesla 20” cyberstream with pirelli winter seems like a decent deal. Like that it’ll probably be easier if you get a flat to get a temp rim/tire swap from Tesla roadside. But the warranty on the tires will be nil.

Other option I’m looking at is either picking up a used set of cyberstream or aftermarket rims and mounting new tires from Costco (they have a good warranty). If I go this way which is better for snow (canada), x-ice vs pirelli winter? Have sort of seen feedback on both but nothing solid, not going Hakka as there are limited shops that sell them here. Thanks!
I can't comment on the Pirelli winter tires, but I do run Pirelli tires in summer. I can comment on X-Ice on both my X100D and (old) Subaru Outback. We don't get a lot of ice here in the mountains of Utah, but in both slush and powdery snow the X-Ice tires have proven themselves very dependable for me.

Reactions: thesteve
I can't comment on the Pirelli winter tires, but I do run Pirelli tires in summer. I can comment on X-Ice on both my X100D and (old) Subaru Outback. We don't get a lot of ice here in the mountains of Utah, but in both slush and powdery snow the X-Ice tires have proven themselves very dependable for me.
Thanks that makes me feel a little more comfy. So Costco had x ice in stock finally, and with a discount, comes to around 25% cheaper than the pirelli. I picked up some 20” cyberstream to mount on. My only concern is will Tesla Road Assistance lend me a wheel loaner if my tire is not the standard winter set? The standard one is Pirelli. I was trying to get everything separate but matching the oem winter so I won’t have trouble with roadside. Anyone know if I have a different tire will they not allow a loaner? Tire will probably be two weeks, hoping pirelli go on sale and I’ll cancel this but just in case anyone have experience with this?

It would be a decent deal if you could actually get them. I ordered mine last year when the website said "in stock". After 6 months and dozens of back and fourth emails, I finally canceled the order and just bought the cyberstreams, tires, sensors, and hubcaps al-la-cart and paid America's Tires to mount the tires and TPMS sensors.

I sold my X back as a lemon a few months ago so I'm about to put the set up for sale. They have 356 miles on them so virtually new still.

Reactions: thesteve
I sold my X back as a lemon a few months ago so I'm about to put the set up for sale. They have 356 miles on them so virtually new still.

sounds good, I would be interested but I already purchased some cyberstream rims and tpms just need the tires soon. Car isn’t delivered until Nov 19-Dec 31 so I may wait for a sale, Costco usually has 20% off January 1st if I can make it to that date without winters (or if it goes on sale before then) I’ll buy the pirellis from Costco

Thanks for the advice in any case!

sounds good, I would be interested but I already purchased some cyberstream rims and tpms just need the tires soon. Car isn’t delivered until Nov 19-Dec 31 so I may wait for a sale, Costco usually has 20% off January 1st if I can make it to that date without winters (or if it goes on sale before then) I’ll buy the pirellis from Costco

Thanks for the advice in any case!

...and you're in Canada :)

Costco doesn't carry the Scorpion Winters down here. I had to buy them from America's Tire.

Figured i'd share in case it helps someone
I wanted to try RFTs for the winter (i don't wanna freeze outside in the cold trying to fix or swap a tire or wait for towing)
Found that 275/45/20s are really cheap on eBay (odd size?..), ~$60-80 for 7-8/32nds
I was also curious if they would fit in the front, stock staggered 20s.
They do fit, albeit with very little room left at the top of the knuckle and they rub a bit on splash guard at full lock (doesn't bother me)

I wanted to try RFTs for the winter (i don't wanna freeze outside in the cold trying to fix or swap a tire or wait for towing)
Found that 275/45/20s are really cheap on eBay (odd size?..), ~$60-80 for 7-8/32nds
They do fit, albeit with very little room left at the top of the knuckle and they rub a bit on splash guard at full lock (doesn't bother me)

I'll sell you my Hakkkas

• Funny
Reactions: brainhouston
Oops.. totally forgot to mention the brand 😅
It was Bridgestone Alenza Sport RFTs

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver

For MS and MX, I've been using aftermarket rims and basic tires from a store in Toronto concord area that specializes on Teslas and exotics. Comes out to about 65% price compared to tesla supplied rims (used to be way more). At 4000, the tesla model X options aren't that bad and I would have picked that for peace of mind if it was available then.

I had a 2017 MXP and upgraded(?) to 2023 MXP. My previous winter rims were Tesla Cyclone 19 for Model X. I had hoped that these rims fit the new MXP, but they didn't. Some of my friends said they fit the new MX LR, but in my experience, the rims didn't clear brake calipers.
I also read this thread, and I understood that some people went 265/45R20 for a non-staggered setup. I was a bit worried about the rear offset of the stock 20-inch MXP wheels being 5mm inside and couldn't tell how this affects the look. Also Tesla didn't allow me to buy four front wheels :) so I purchased another set of 20-inch stock wheels.

Tesla Japan doesn't offer a winter set for MXP (yet). In Japan, Bridgestone studless tires are common and work good on local road conditions (low speed, mountainous, slush and half-frozen). However, they don't carry MXP sizes - so finally, I bought Nokian Hakkapelitta instead.

Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 SUV is another good option. I’m running the non SUV version on my MYP in a 265/40/R20 square setup and they perform exceptionally well in both snow and dry. Almost got the SUV version for the MXP but trying the Pirelli Weatheractives 1st as I don’t drive that much in snow.

• Helpful
Reactions: NJturtlePower
I had a 2017 MXP and upgraded(?) to 2023 MXP. My previous winter rims were Tesla Cyclone 19 for Model X. I had hoped that these rims fit the new MXP, but they didn't. Some of my friends said they fit the new MX LR, but in my experience, the rims didn't clear brake calipers.
I also read this thread, and I understood that some people went 265/45R20 for a non-staggered setup. I was a bit worried about the rear offset of the stock 20-inch MXP wheels being 5mm inside and couldn't tell how this affects the look. Also Tesla didn't allow me to buy four front wheels :) so I purchased another set of 20-inch stock wheels.

Tesla Japan doesn't offer a winter set for MXP (yet). In Japan, Bridgestone studless tires are common and work good on local road conditions (low speed, mountainous, slush and half-frozen). However, they don't carry MXP sizes - so finally, I bought Nokian Hakkapelitta instead.
I have exactly the same issue except worse. I sold my 2017X and bought a 2024X. I had converted both my summer and winter tires to 19 inch OEM Tesla Cyclone. I am shocked to hear they do not fit. I was planning on using them on the new car. Did you do a trial fit? Also an outfit called Sportline sells 19 Tesla Model X rims that they claim fit the newer Model X. Let me know if you have learned anything else. TSS 19" Tesla Model X Long Range & Plaid Wheel (Set of 4)

Reactions: hiroshiy