Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y for Canada!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if it works out, we all benefit and it makes it worth the effort :).

I've sent my proposed packages to AutoTrendz and am waiting for a price. If anyone wants to ask other shops, we an compare pricing and choose what makes the most sense to pursue.

I had my truck detailed at AT and I liked their work and I've had my Q7 tinted at GW and I liked their work also.

Maybe I'll call GW also to get them in on this. If there are other shops, please share the proposed packages and see what they're charging.
Haven't called GW but I have a price for both the proposed gold and silver package I put together. I'm just waiting to find out how we can prove participation in this deal since we're getting our cars at different times. I will say that the price looks great.

Haven't called GW but I have a price for both the proposed gold and silver package I put together. I'm just waiting to find out how we can prove participation in this deal since we're getting our cars at different times. I will say that the price looks great.
Ok so for AT we need 5 to confirm and pay a deposit.

For those who do not have their vehicle yet but will participate, we would require a deposit of $500 for Gold package or $250 for silver package.

Gold = $2700 with front window tint
-Ceramic Tint $400 +tax full vehicle (4 side windows + rear)
$200 +tax 2 front windows (driver/passenger)
-Full PPF Kit (full hood, full front fenders, back of mirrors, front bumper) $1300 +tax
-Rear Fenders $320 +tax
-Rear Luggage Lip $80 +tax
-Interior kit $200 +tax
-Door Jams x4 $200 +tax
-Ceramic Coating $400 +tax
TOTAL $2900 +tax (if choosing full vehicle tint)
$2700 +tax (if choosing front two window tint)

Silver = 1339.00 but quoted with 5 Windows (only 2 needed on model Y
-Non Ceramic Tint $269.95 +tax (4 side windows + rear)
-Partial Hood Kit (partial hood, partial fenders, back of mirrors, front bumper) $749.95 +tax
-Rear Fenders $320 +tax
TOTAL $1339.90 +tax

Note: If certain individuals would like to remove/add services to the above packages, we are able to but will adjust price accordingly (ex. someone doesn't want ceramic coating but wants everything else, etc).

A reminder, all tint comes backed by a lifetime warranty and all PPF comes backed by a 10 year warranty.

Please let me know who's in and I'll get things started. Probably best to confirm in the google sheet. As mentioned above, we need at minimum 5 confirmed with deposits.

3954063839784676572.jpg
-169479949540804925.jpg
PPF, Ceramic coating, window tinted....... 38km and ready to drive tomorrow. This give you and idea that it does, not completly dry it is getting to

I wouldnt expect anything from the advisor. I wasnt sure about the possible range of dates and asked to speak to one. I was told they would call me back but I never heard. The next day I finally just clicked on the "book a time" link in the email and it showed I only had 4 options, all on Sunday. Even now, I have one 1 paint issue I cant fix by hand and I cant seem to get them to reply to tell me what to do. Love the car though.
It's that the only issue you had? That's great!
Not sure what to expect tomorrow, I'll show up with checklist in hand and hope for the best!

I have a google doc floating around where we're trying to get group pricing. If you call either shop, let them know we're looking for a group pricing and see what kind of discounts they're willing to offer. Currently I'm working with AutoTrendz in Kanata to see if they're interested. In the meantime, feel free to add your options here:

Group Buy

Also fo anyone else looking for PPF, check out the latest video from BenSullins on Youtube
His PPF installer made a good point about covering the rear fender because of the way it sticks out.
What is the difference between gold and silver packages

What is the difference between gold and silver packages
1) Gold = Ceramic Tint, Full Kit, Rear Fenders, Rear Luggage Lip, Inside console, door jams Ceramic Coating
2) Silver = Regular Tint, Partial hood + bumper kit + Rear Fenders

I also updated the google sheet with the packages and the description is in the notes when you hover over the cells.

Last edited:
It's that the only issue you had? That's great!
Not sure what to expect tomorrow, I'll show up with checklist in hand and hope for the best!
Overall it was good enough.
There are a bunch of pretty bad scratches down to the primer, mostly around things like the mirrors and headlights where someone wasnt very careful while installing, the rear bumper has to big rectangle scuff marks on both sides that I cant fix, looks like the bumper of another car was touching it during transport. A bunch of other superficial scratches and nicks in paint and trime that I dont care about because I can clean them up easy enough and am not disillusioned enough to think it will stay pretty forever. You need to be careful though and document EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU LEAVE, even if you think it is nothing. When I got home I washed it and what I thought was a bunch of dust on the hood turned out to actually be a ton of scratches from a polisher. Looks like they tried to fix a big dust mark and used a pretty heavy abrasive to do it with and never finished the job. I told them the next day but was told it is too bad, my problem now. There was also a scratch by the RF mirror that is into the primer that we noticed on delivery but what we didnt see was one about 1" away that was way worse but hidden by the mirror. Mirror installer didnt have very steady hands. We were also told that we are out of luck on the big scratch because we didnt see it at delivery but the little one and the others will be addressed next month some time.
Other than that, all the panel alignment could be better, the paint could be better, but the gaps I can fix myself and the dust specs are not enough to bother me and Joe Public wouldnt probably notice most of it+. I used to be a Honda/Acura mechanic for 16 years though and I could say that other than the odd exception, no Honda would look like that post production and if I let it all slip by on the PDI I would be in the service managers office getting a talking to.
I am still really happy with the car and nothing about the state of it would have been enough to walk away from it over.

Overall it was good enough.
There are a bunch of pretty bad scratches down to the primer, mostly around things like the mirrors and headlights where someone wasnt very careful while installing, the rear bumper has to big rectangle scuff marks on both sides that I cant fix, looks like the bumper of another car was touching it during transport. A bunch of other superficial scratches and nicks in paint and trime that I dont care about because I can clean them up easy enough and am not disillusioned enough to think it will stay pretty forever. You need to be careful though and document EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU LEAVE, even if you think it is nothing. When I got home I washed it and what I thought was a bunch of dust on the hood turned out to actually be a ton of scratches from a polisher. Looks like they tried to fix a big dust mark and used a pretty heavy abrasive to do it with and never finished the job. I told them the next day but was told it is too bad, my problem now. There was also a scratch by the RF mirror that is into the primer that we noticed on delivery but what we didnt see was one about 1" away that was way worse but hidden by the mirror. Mirror installer didnt have very steady hands. We were also told that we are out of luck on the big scratch because we didnt see it at delivery but the little one and the others will be addressed next month some time.
Other than that, all the panel alignment could be better, the paint could be better, but the gaps I can fix myself and the dust specs are not enough to bother me and Joe Public wouldnt probably notice most of it+. I used to be a Honda/Acura mechanic for 16 years though and I could say that other than the odd exception, no Honda would look like that post production and if I let it all slip by on the PDI I would be in the service managers office getting a talking to.
I am still really happy with the car and nothing about the state of it would have been enough to walk away from it over.
Your vin are in wich series?