Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been texting and emailing Tesla for the past 2 weeks to put my order on hold, but they assigned a Fremont VIN this morning.
Main reason for wanting a hold is because I want to sell my current car first. Also want to see what all is announced at Austin Giga Fest on 4/7 before I accept a VIN.

White on White, no tow
Ordered :12/29
EDD : 3/22 - 3/27
VIN : 7SAYGDEF0NF406xxx

Meh
WTF they could have assigned that VIN to me..

I've been texting and emailing Tesla for the past 2 weeks to put my order on hold, but they assigned a Fremont VIN this morning.
Main reason for wanting a hold is because I want to sell my current car first. Also want to see what all is announced at Austin Giga Fest on 4/7 before I accept a VIN.

White on White, no tow
Ordered :12/29
EDD : 3/22 - 3/27
VIN : 7SAYGDEF0NF406xxx

Meh

I did the same thing, but I was actually going to be out of town and couldnt accept delivery. Told them that and had them hold it til mid April so I can see whats coming out of giga fest before deciding on anything. Im also not really keen on picking up an end of quarter rush delivered car.

With a MYP, why bother. Delivery times have been under 6 weeks.
Yeah true, but I want to wait to see what this new version is all about first. I can hold off and wait a little, not in a rush. If the improvements for the new version are meh ill just go through with the MYP delivered sometime 2nd quarter not at the end of a rush. Though I may switch to a 4680 LFP battery if it has some other good characteristics like high cycle count (million mile battery), low degradation and faster charging curves.

I will say, if they do allow me to modify my order without impact I will change my paint color. I paid $1k for the MSM but now that its free I may change it to Blue, Black or red. I still like MSM but I think its holding back my order from being fufilled
Let me know if they do allow you to do it. I keep seeing pics of the Blue and I would rather have that now than the midnight silver.

Reactions: FOD11 and BGOwner