Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The

The German situation is a hostage play by the Greens and politicians tied to Auto Worker Unions, who enjoy BoD seats along with Management.
Until Tesla rolls over for a ransom or under the table payola, it's going to continue a while longer.

The 500 units a week they've been given temporary permission to build represent the cars able to be built from the 2000 'Test' articles permission was granted for last week. It's just spread over 4 weeks. Then it ends. It's a salve to Elon to divert attention from where it belongs.

This blog is a haven for many wishful beliefs and magical thinking, done in part with the belief that whining on a blog is going to result in their fantasies being fulfilled.
But the Tooth Fairy doesn't really exist....
I understand what is happening in Berlin and why. My point was that they have the ability to take their time and make things perfect but the cars being produced still have QC issues. The same will happen in Austin. New plant, new people. It will take time.

Reactions: tangible1
I understand what is happening in Berlin and why. My point was that they have the ability to take their time and make things perfect but the cars being produced still have QC issues. The same will happen in Austin. New plant, new people. It will take time.
Once the cars are produced in a state where weed isn't legal QC issues will dissapear... ;)

BIG NEWS - I stopped by my local Tesla sales/service/delivery center today and learned they have received the info (including VIN) for a MY demo/display vehicle that's coming from the Austin gigafactory. They expect to receive info for the first customer MYs coming from Austin soon (but that doesn't appear to be based in any specific info form Tesla higher ups).

BIG NEWS - I stopped by my local Tesla sales/service/delivery center today and learned they have received the info (including VIN) for a MY demo/display vehicle that's coming from the Austin gigafactory. They expect to see info for the first customer MYs coming from Austin soon.
Wowwww! Do you know if the ones coming in are Performance or LR, or both?

BIG NEWS - I stopped by my local Tesla sales/service/delivery center today and learned they have received the info (including VIN) for a MY demo/display vehicle that's coming from the Austin gigafactory. They expect to receive info for the first customer MYs coming from Austin soon (but that doesn't appear to be based in any specific info form Tesla higher ups).

Please share VIN (minus last 4-5 numbers). This is really big news, as so far there are no reports of Austin VINs being assigned.

did they mention if they will include the 4680 or not ?

did they mention if they will include the 4680 or not ?
They didn't say (probably don't know yet) specifics about batteries. I'll stop by again in a few days and see if they have any more info. The SA did say the MY has not yet been shipped (i.e., probably built but not yet shipped) but they expect it to be on the way very soon. I should be able to get a lot more info once it actually arrives. Other forum members should check with their local Tesla sales/delivery centers to see if they have received info for an incoming Austin built MY for display/demo.

They didn't say (probably don't know yet) specifics about batteries. I'll stop by again in a few days and see if they have any more info. The SA did say the MY has not yet been shipped (i.e., probably built but not yet shipped) but they expect it to be on the way very soon. I should be able to get a lot more info once it actually arrives. Other forum members should check with their local Tesla sales/delivery centers to see if they have received info for an incoming Austin built MY for display/demo.
That's awesome, thanks for the info! What an exciting time to have a Model Y on order!

What is your current EDD?

If they have the VIN, just ask for the 11th digit. You do not need anything other than that.

If they are shipping vehicles, the drone peeps should have footage of car carriers arriving/leaving unless they are putting them in covered trailers inside at night.

Uness they get the 'official' permits, I don't think Tesla will make TX made vins official as well.

I am sure they have been producing some MYs but let's just wait a bit and see.
According to a Torque News story on Jan. 9th:

Tesla Gets The Green Light To Begin Refreshed Model Y Production At Giga Texas

According to Wedbush Managing Director and Senior Equity Analyst Daniel Ives, Tesla has received final approval to begin refreshed Model Y production at Giga Texas. Production is expected to begin in the next 7 to 10 days.

Reactions: BGOwner