Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I was hoping when simultaneously ordering the MYP and the MYLR. I hope they allow me to place a hold on the MYP (which indicates delivery in mid-late March 2022), to give Tesla time to work out bugs at Austin. If they are militant and cancel that order after a 30 day hold, then hoping to convert the MYLR order (which indicates July delivery) to MYP. In both cases FSD is locked at $10k.

Aside from the increased cost of the MYP, did Tesla charge you a fee to upgrade your MYLR order to MYP?
You cannot change a MYLR to a MYP and keep your old price locks. It is treated as a new order.

Reactions: voxel and samori01
Interesting, thanks for the info. I switched my MYLR on 11-17 to a MYP and my EDD went from June 2022 to January 10-Feb 7 2022. I’m hoping that sticks and I’m not really sure where I’d rather have manufactured…I have mixed feelings about that but am really looking forward to a blue MYP in my driveway.
What’s the latest update on your Blue MYP being delivered on January? Will it be built in CA or TX?

This is what I was hoping when simultaneously ordering the MYP and the MYLR. I hope they allow me to place a hold on the MYP (which indicates delivery in mid-late March 2022), to give Tesla time to work out bugs at Austin. If they are militant and cancel that order after a 30 day hold, then hoping to convert the MYLR order (which indicates July delivery) to MYP. In both cases FSD is locked at $10k.

Aside from the increased cost of the MYP, did Tesla charge you a fee to upgrade your MYLR order to MYP?

No, I did it myself online - very easy. When did you order? At this point, I’m assuming that Order Date + 90 days = the longest I can push it out. I’ve also debated re-ordering my MYP if they push for a super early delivery (and “resetting” the hold cycle).

Once you complete insurance and accept Tesla Vision you should be able to set an appointment. That will tell you where your vehicle is. They usually assign VINs right before your vehicle is built and it should be built within 1-2 days of that then shipped. If they have a truck available and enough AZ orders to fill it, it should take 2 days to get to AZ. So figure it’ll be there in 3-4 days, a day to prep so your 3 day delivery window will likely be Jan 20-22.

My recent VIN assignment and post VIN change in EDD was Jan 15-20 and my available delivery days were Jan 18

Once you complete insurance and accept Tesla Vision you should be able to set an appointment. That will tell you where your vehicle is. They usually assign VINs right before your vehicle is built and it should be built within 1-2 days of that then shipped. If they have a truck available and enough AZ orders to fill it, it should take 2 days to get to AZ. So figure it’ll be there in 3-4 days, a day to prep so your 3 day delivery window will likely be Jan 20-22.

My recent VIN assignment and post VIN change in EDD was Jan 15-20 and my available delivery days were Jan 18-20.
Yes, I wound up getting a text to choose a delivery window yesterday morning, about 24 hours after the VIN was assigned and 12 hours after I completed tasks. Later got a phone call and they told me it might happen sooner than my delivery window if the car arrives, passes inspection, and gets detailed, etc.

You did sort of see this a few years ago when Samsung and TSMC was producing SoC's for Apple. Forgot which way it went, but ones process was slightly better than the others leading to very minor( not noticeable in real life usage) performance differences despite it being the same SoC overall.

You had people on the Apple forums wondering if they should return an iPhone until they could get the one with the slightly better chip.
Was it the SoC or the Modem?I know they had something with the Qualcomm and Intel cellular modems for the iPhone X and the 8/8 Plus. Qualcomm had better performance and supported more cellular bands like CDMA.

People wonder why there are delays in shipping and EDD is all over the place. It’s not because of new tech or you’re getting this great deal on an upgrade for free. If you want the vehicle then order it and let the order fill. If you want a Austin vehicle or newer technology wait until it is announced and order it. Pretty simple.
yeah, it's been mentioned before, there could be a scenario where austin/4680 may have a different designation and configuration (on announcement, it may have longer range, more power, etc, so it justifies a newer config), so current reservation holders who held on a lower price wouldn't qualify anyways. but who knows... if you need the car, just get it. It's like holding out and waiting for an iphone 15 or ps7 or ....

Reactions: samori01
Was it the SoC or the Modem?I know they had something with the Qualcomm and Intel cellular modems for the iPhone X and the 8/8 Plus. Qualcomm had better performance and supported more cellular bands like CDMA.

Both.

But carrier you chose determined which modem you got ( Intel vs Qualcomm) in your iPhone. So unless you wanted to switch carriers, you were stuck with Intel.

The SoC being sourced from TSMC vs Samsung was purely random. And I googled it, it was the A9 during the iPhone 6S days. Performance was pretty much tied, but an A9 from Samsung offered slightly better battery life over one with the TSMC A9. You had people going crazy over if there was a way to tell and if they should return an TSMC iPhone and try to get a Samsung sourced A9 iPhone.

https://twitter.com/peterdog15/status/1483206573291937793?s=21

Let the games begin!
1516325E-59F7-4F65-BEB3-C93FB1AA2DD5.jpeg