Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The principle difference that we know of between AWD and LR is range. That ratio is 84.5% (279/330).
That would indicate a price for the AWD at about $53,250.

But that would be too logical.
Im basically going to ignore battery day numbers, as they have never seemed trustworthy.
The battery is essentially what changes, so the rough calculation should be the percent reduction in the cost of the battery, not the whole car. In theory the 4680s should be less expensive to produce for a given capacity since they’re doing them in house.
Then the changes with the casting and structural pack SHOULD make a commensurate reduction in the cost of producing the rest of the car. They should obviously make it cheaper to produce but...
I’m also guessing Tesla will shoot high with the price because of the ongoing hikes in the cost of raw materials, parts etc and that will wipe out gains in production efficiency. the $59,990 may be BS right now but that sounds about right.

The battery is not the only component in the car...
but range is still the primary difference.
yes, the new chassis on the AWD is better, but it's only 60lbs lighter than the LR, and Fremont body panel gap issues are behind them.
Other than that, there's nothing different worth discussing.
so unless there's some other mystery improvements you're not telling us about, the range IS the primary difference.

you better check on that.

This is my edit page right now. You can see the old pricing for the MYLR.
Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 6.28.05 PM.png

Good discussion here on whether or not their are two packs. One partial pack with either 690 or 644 cells to support SR model and 828 cells to support the LR model. Is there another EPA certification that is open or are they all closed?
If the 4680 and structural battery pack info is correct on web link youi provided, the open structural battery packs on display at Cyber Rodeo last week were for MY-LRs since these had 828 of the 4680 cells. Since it appears these provide just about the same KWH of capacity as the current battery pack in the MY-LRs or MY-Ps, then I doubt any other EPA certification is needed beyond what was already issued for the 2022 MYs.