Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what is premium connectivity?
You get the Data for services. Instead of paying the $10 per month. Some people use a hotspot from there phone I’ve been told. I will gladly pay. Toyota charge’s the same or near price for simple services. Like unlocking the doors and remote start from phone. I believe with Tesla it’s Data to run apps , Maps and etc….

Reactions: MontyFloyd
Might be as simple as they got titled and are thus technically used cars (which also might simplify delivering them directly to Texas public since there's stupid rules about dealer-direct sales in Texas)
Yeah, titled to Tesla then driven around the factory or maybe to town and back and now ready to be delivered to customers in town. Warranty still transfers. I think it still titled as new. My precious M3 was a test drive car with 1500 miles and was still sold as new. So the title to Tesla was just a temp one. Looks like Tesla figured out a way around the in state thing.

And I’m curious as to the “same price” in the image. Does that mean this person originally reserved LR MY in the first config at 60,990? So the base LR was 59,990? Wonder if they are only offering to people who’s price was the same or higher. Not offering them to people who would need to pay more to get early delivery.

Yeah, titled to Tesla then driven around the factory or maybe to town and back and now ready to be delivered to customers in town. Warranty still transfers. I think it still titled as new. My precious M3 was a test drive car with 1500 miles and was still sold as new. So the title to Tesla was just a temp one. Looks like Tesla figured out a way around the in state thing.

And I’m curious as to the “same price” in the image. Does that mean this person originally reserved LR MY in the first config at 60,990? So the base LR was 59,990? Wonder if they are only offering to people who’s price was the same or higher. Not offering them to people who would need to pay more to get early delivery.
I don't think they even need to be Test cars (some of these has 3 minles on them). This may be the loophole around selling direct to the people of texas without having to have the cars leave the state first.

Yeah, they said 3.5 on the call, when I got it was 5 miles. Pretty dirty though inside, but wasn't driven as much... sus.

The cars don't have to leave the Texas because the paperwork is done out of state. I've heard Cal and Nevada technically do the selling. There is no law that says the cars themselves have to leave the state. Weird how that rumor got started. Sure had a lot of traction though.

Nevada is new, it used to all be CA. And these have all been cars made in CA. Is anybody here a texas lawmaker who actually knows the law and what an in state manufacturer must do? Any other one would just sell to a dealer and good to go. I don’t know if CA and NV will allow vehicles that have never entered their state to be processed. For much of the US, vehicles from Fremont pass through Nevada. Until someone in TX gets one of these and can ask about the process we won’t know.

I think there is something to be said for Tesla including the “these low milage cars” language in the offer. Why point that out?

The cars don't have to leave the Texas because the paperwork is done out of state. I've heard Cal and Nevada technically do the selling. There is no law that says the cars themselves have to leave the state. Weird how that rumor got started. Sure had a lot of traction though.

It wasn't a "rumor". The information was based on a story published by TheDrive last May and echoed by a Tesla employee:

IANAL but I'm guessing there's little case law for the specific case of selling cars, and lots of conflicting case law when it comes to interstate sales. I guess Tesla is willing to take the chance that running the paperwork out-of-state is good enough.

QUESTION:

Will all the Austin cars made before April 1 be listed as delivered in the 2Q?
What is the typical definition of "delivered"? (include units for destructive testing?, internal company use only, IWO every complete car?)
Any other detail I am ignorant of?

QUESTION:

Will all the Austin cars made before April 1 be listed as delivered in the 2Q?
What is the typical definition of "delivered"? (include units for destructive testing?, internal company use only, IWO every complete car?)
Any other detail I am ignorant of?
This is what Tesla normally says:

Our delivery count should be viewed as slightly conservative, as we only count a car as delivered if it is transferred to the customer and all paperwork is correct.

So delivered means it was actually delivered and paid for.

• Helpful
Reactions: MontyFloyd
Nevada is new, it used to all be CA. And these have all been cars made in CA. Is anybody here a texas lawmaker who actually knows the law and what an in state manufacturer must do? Any other one would just sell to a dealer and good to go. I don’t know if CA and NV will allow vehicles that have never entered their state to be processed. For much of the US, vehicles from Fremont pass through Nevada. Until someone in TX gets one of these and can ask about the process we won’t know.

I think there is something to be said for Tesla including the “these low milage cars” language in the offer. Why point that out?
My Model 3 was processed in Nevada and my sales advisor was based in Las Vegas - that was in 2018

Reactions: Mrbrock