Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y - Gigafactory Texas Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You get the Data for services. Instead of paying the $10 per month. Some people use a hotspot from there phone I’ve been told. I will gladly pay. Toyota charge’s the same or near price for simple services. Like unlocking the doors and remote start from phone. I believe with Tesla it’s Data to run apps , Maps and etc….

For live traffic visualization, music streaming, streaming video (netflix/hulu etc), non-critical software updates, live view from the app, web browsing, etc. everything else is standard. Live-traffic Navigation works without the fee too, you just can't see it on the map. Its $9.99/month or $99 a year.

Reactions: Jones1
More structural regidity might help driver feel, if it has happened.
Just went back to read this article. It says increased range is one of the benefits too. :) Please let us know when you find out.

"You save on new factory space, CAPEX (eliminate hundreds of welding robots & stamping machines), better NVH, lighter, increased range, make manufacturing simpler by reducing the number of stamping & welding, savings from eliminating tooling/maintenance cost of welding & stamping, vertical integration, better supply chain control, and so many other benefits."

Just went back to read this article. It says increased range is one of the benefits too. :) Please let us know when you find out.

"You save on new factory space, CAPEX (eliminate hundreds of welding robots & stamping machines), better NVH, lighter, increased range, make manufacturing simpler by reducing the number of stamping & welding, savings from eliminating tooling/maintenance cost of welding & stamping, vertical integration, better supply chain control, and so many other benefits."

Ya I'd like to see as well, I can't find anything online suggesting front mega casts

Interesting question - it already had the rear mega-cast, so I would not expect an enormous drop in weight, and efficiency for these cars is more about wind and road losses than inertial... Maybe worth a mile or two?
They didn't reevaluate after adding heavier double paine windows or the additional power draw from the AMD processor so they likely don't want to know.