Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this model Y perf and another Y in Tesla Vancouver lot today. Guy there said it was #10 in Canada. Sweet.

Attachments

• 9E437E90-C05C-4293-842D-F87DB4796527.jpeg
    9E437E90-C05C-4293-842D-F87DB4796527.jpeg
    897.3 KB · Views: 74
Still haven't seen one in the wild yet, but I barely go out since this Covid crap hit, so unless someone on my street gets one, I may never see one!!! I have now convinced my sister to buy a 3 or a Y, so it will be good to see one on the road to get a feel of what it looks like in person.

Reactions: navguy12
Saw a truckload of Model Ys on the 401 eastbound near Cambridge today. Hopefully one of your cars was on that trailer!
I was told yesterday that my car made it to Ottawa, delivery Tuesday... let’s seem how many items on the checklist will get flagged. I was also told by the Tesla rep that there is a mad rush with over 60 deliveries on Tuesday (I guess between Montreal, Ottawa and perhaps Toronto).

Reactions: rypalmer
Just picked up MY today at 13:00 in Montreal. Had my check list with me and took at least 90 minutes to go over. Brought it over to Valkyrie PPF to wrap and all.

Frunk wide gap on the passenger side
Passenger door to tight and is chipping away at the paint
Tail gate would not open by itself needed help and gaps all around are wide
Headlight driver's side was not flush and needs to be fixed with the fender
Taillights are definitely not flush and gaps very wide
Door to charger is not flush needs to align with the taillights
Inside gap at sky roof finish very wide

Paint was surprisingly better than I was expecting. All and all very nice card drives with one pedal like a dream. Don't know why brake pedal exists. My wife is very happy with her gidt

good to hear! You will need the brake pedal in the winter. The regen will be way down most of the time due to a much colder pack.

I used to watch his channel when he first started out. He constantly made up information, stole curated data from other people and passed off as his own and would just present so much false information related to Tesla in a pretty package. He’s great at presenting things and creating graphs and charts in Tableau but he was not a person to be trusted. He was doing what he did for Youtube clicks and views. Hell, once he got popular he started making videos referencing what he was doing with his newfound income stream from Youtube which was based on duping people online.
I see... I guess I haven't watched enough of these Tesla related youtube videos to spot stolen information. One channel I recommend though is Undecided with Matt Ferrell. His videos are very detailed and informative. Not just about Tesla but the anything related to renewables.

I was told yesterday that my car made it to Ottawa, delivery Tuesday... let’s seem how many items on the checklist will get flagged. I was also told by the Tesla rep that there is a mad rush with over 60 deliveries on Tuesday (I guess between Montreal, Ottawa and perhaps Toronto).
This all reminds me of the M3 push, 25 months ago.

We had 220 delivered on 01 June 2018 at the International Center near CYYZ.

Enjoy the rush of delivery day!

For those taking delivery in Vancouver...

They've some truly talented body panel-alignment tech there. My Y was in such poor shape when presented to me -- 2 doors were more misaligned than anything I've seen here -- not just the black window trims, but the body lines and side-repeater lines were all off, and the rear-passenger triangular plastic panel (mirror image of the charge-port door) was sunken in. They took it back inside for almost 2 hours and fixed them all on site! So if you've alignment issues with yours, ask nicely and be patient; chances are they'll be fixed!

They won't fix the rear taillights though; they aren't all that flushed but at least they're off by the same small amount on both sides, and I can live with that.

As for the rest of the car: The paint has the famous dust-under-paint problem here and there. Interior plastic (such as near the first row's seat belts, rear cargo area) were dusty, but the headliner was clean (no oily fingerprints). 3 clips were missing from that plastic panel covering the 12V battery under the frunk. Rear seatback alignment is fine.

The small tailgate window is not a big concern to me as I'm used to using the rear camera. I'm more troubled by the near-useless rear-view mirror blocking my view to the front, as the rear-view mirror hangs down from the roof. It's just me perhaps.

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung