Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y LR - 100% charge - how many miles does your screen show ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember, only a 100% charge is the rated (e.g. EPA) range. A pro-rata calculation isn't.

As per the manual. I agree the variable one is somewhat meaningless.

Tesla increase the lower end battery buffer as charge level decreases, it's not constant.

I thought the ‘battery bar’ range on the dash was always based on % X EPA range? only the trip/energy graph varied based on recent miles driven

OP - 100% should be EPA range for the relevant car. Possiby a tiny bit different for 3LR - do they have a different battery capacity vs european cars?

from teslal.com and based on the smaller wheels (the only ones I think with EPA estimates, the others are extrapolated from that)
Y LR EPA range - 330

Model 3
RWD - 272 miles
LR - 358 miles
P - 315 miles

UK site for some reason they seem to have WLTP certified the larger wheels, so the base wheels are extrapolated. Still, the WLTP is less easy to achieve and not what the car shows on the dash so probably easier to ignore it once you’ve bought the car

My M3LR battery/range report from TeslaFi since new in Nov 2019:

1647710767569.png

As its turned into a non Model Y specific thread, here are the wild guesses from our Model 3 LR over 17k miles. No guessing where we reset the BMS to tell it to have another try... Green is (TeslaFi) fleet average. As mentioned in my previous post, for those interested, its nothing to do with physical battery degradation, its just the EPA range based on what the BMS guesses as the CAC at any point in time, which will vary up and down over time.

1647847593792.png

323 at 100% yesterday, in reality that got me about 250 miles almost all at c. 75mph - I've never been more ready for a charging stop to stretch the legs! It's terrific that the Y charges faster than my old S, but in practice the car was ready to go again long before I was, so I had to interrupt a nice lunch to go and move it..

323 at 100% yesterday, in reality that got me about 250 miles almost all at c. 75mph - I've never been more ready for a charging stop to stretch the legs! It's terrific that the Y charges faster than my old S, but in practice the car was ready to go again long before I was, so I had to interrupt a nice lunch to go and move it..
try setting the destination as the location not the supercharger that way it won't preheat. Better efficiency, longer charge time more relaxed lunch.
Not very ethical if busy but as a former S owner probably with free supercharging I assume you are no stranger to hogging superchargers up to 100% state of charge so its all relative ;)