Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Not Worth the Price Now [Nov 2022]

Is the Current Price on the MY LR Overpriced?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
'Feelings' are subjective. Facts are not.
The fact that leather is better than vinyl is not subjective, it's fact.
Some understand this and some don't.

Well, I agree facts are facts and feelings are subjective. I disagree on leather being better. That’s definitely subjective. I chose vinyl in my F250 because the seats get covered in mud and saltwater. Vinyl definitely better in that application.

My Prius had synthetic seats that I preferred over leather was well. Much easier to keep clean. Shows zero wear and very comfortable.

I prefer synthetic over leather so strongly that I would pay a premium to have ventilated vinyl over leather.

Leather over vinyl is a preference. Some understand the meaning of preference and some don’t.

Well, I agree facts are facts and feelings are subjective. I disagree on leather being better. That’s definitely subjective. I chose vinyl in my F250 because the seats get covered in mud and saltwater. Vinyl definitely better in that application.

My Prius had synthetic seats that I preferred over leather was well. Much easier to keep clean. Shows zero wear and very comfortable.

I prefer synthetic over leather so strongly that I would pay a premium to have ventilated vinyl over leather.

Leather over vinyl is a preference. Some understand the meaning of preference and some don’t.
Again, just because you chose something different does not negate the fact that leather is more expensive for a reason. It is stronger & more breathable than vinyl.
Vinyl is standard and leather is an upgrade for a reason.

We don't even really need to focus on which is *better*, just which one costs more and how that's represented in the value for price relative to what you get.

Leather costs more, much more depending on grade. Wood costs more, metal costs more, manufacturing them costs more, skilled labour to install and stitch it costs more, waste from rejections during QA/QC costs more, etc etc. Complexity overall costs more.

Just because 'you' don't value leather over vinyl doesn't make it less valuable or a lesser material.
Leather is better than vinyl. It's a fact. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Audio engineers like Burmeister that ONLY deal with the highest end vehicles - Bugatti for example - do a better job than any mass market manufacturer. You really think Tesla or any other manufacturer can do better? No. They can't. Burmester is better. Fact.

The fact that Carplay, Android Auto or even satellite radio isn't offered by Tesla makes it a fact that the Benz offering is better by default.
I owned a fully loaded X3M Comp and while some areas might be subjective, the sound system in my MYP destroys the premium HK in the X3M. It is by far the best stock sound system in any car made right now.

especially etron ---
Audi interiors are indeed very nice, but I find the '21+ MY's interior more functional after a couple of well placed accessories (center console sliding tray and cup holder tensioner). The etron's cup holders sucks (I know since drive my mom's '22 etron fairly often). I hate the MMI system too. Way too illogically organized, at least for me.

That said, the etron is very nice and works well for my mom, which was why I told her to get it over Tesla and other EVs.

Reactions: nate704
No. etron efficiency sucks along with everything else except the interior.
I hate German interiors, I've never met a MB/BMW that didn't throw constant codes past warranty. Then all the knobs, levers, buttons start breaking. The only German interiors I like are the 80's 911 dash interior/layout, beautiful. The late 944 dash is pretty nice too. Otherwise, 2000+ interiors have become so damn gaudy it puts me off.

I hate German interiors, I've never met a MB/BMW that didn't throw constant codes past warranty. Then all the knobs, levers, buttons start breaking. The only German interiors I like are the 80's 911 dash interior/layout, beautiful. The late 944 dash is pretty nice too. Otherwise, 2000+ interiors have become so damn gaudy it puts me off.
Not as bad as the recent exterior designs, especially BMW front grill design.

Reactions: thesmokingman
Not as bad as the recent exterior designs, especially BMW front grill design.
As if Bangle wasn't bad enough, Hooydonk (Bangle's right hand) has taken over where Bangle left off and continued the ugly design themes. It's hilarious because both guys had to defend their aesthetic, coincidence?

Demand is softening so there's a chance prices will fall. Tesla cut prices across the board in China.
that's China, where the competition is State-Owned and subsidized.
in North America, demand continues to outstrip supply.
if lead times come down significantly, maybe Tesla will consider price adjustments, but for now it's not a realistic expectation.
Give it another year at least.

Reactions: DrGriz and nate704
Status
Not open for further replies.