Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y ordered .vin assigned in 5 min

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. I have ordered model Y LR with 20 inch wheels today morning at 8:30AM. Alreday assigned a VIN 079xxxx. It says scheduled delivery dec 7-10.

What are your thought.
1. Why is it so quick. Is it like someone refused delivery and i was assigned.
2. Any suggestions

• Informative
Reactions: IdaX
Hi. I have ordered model Y LR with 20 inch wheels today morning at 8:30AM. Alreday assigned a VIN 079xxxx. It says scheduled delivery dec 7-10.

What are your thought.
2. Any suggestions
Either someone rejected delivery, cancelled or changed their order after the car had already arrived in your region, wasn’t ready to buy just yet, or just plain didn’t show up within three days of their scheduled pickup time.

Whatever the case ends up being, you’ll want to check it very carefully before signing the papers just to make sure everything meets your expectations.

On the bright side, 79XXX suggests that it’s almost certain to have all the latest new features.

Congrats on the lightning-quick purchase!

What are your thought.
2. Any suggestions

Similar thing happened with me. Ordered my MYP on a Saturday, VIN assigned on Tuesday, picked it up a week and a half later (this past saturday). I was told mine was just an inventory vehicle that was shipping out to Missouri and my specs matched up. Not entirely sure what an inventory vehicle is for, but it is what it is! Nothing was wrong with it, other than a small gap on the hood. I've been seeing other folks on here getting their VINs assigned fairly quickly too. I think it's just luck of the draw and what's available at the time!

What are your thought.
2. Any suggestions
Which Columbus? Depending on that this might be amazing!

Because the logistics are so central and there is regular testing for happening a bit to the west of there it could be and likely is, that one with your specifications was already under way, so they just assigned it to you. It is December, so Tesla is readily assigning vehicles originally intended for some internal use to be delivered. My first Tesla happened a few months early because of that, six years ago.

I hope yours will be all you hope for and more.

Reactions: Carlvs
Meanwhile I ordered mine on 11/25 and am still waiting for a VIN. lol.
I told them it is imperative that I get mine before the end of the year because of Tax purposes. They said I should have my VIN within the week. OP please do let us know how it turns out. Aka if it was just the right time and right place car as opposed to someone refusing delivery of it. :)

Reactions: Kezz