Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Owners - Preordering a Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The poster was at the Investor Day meeting and heard this from an employee: 5 seats, not 6
The photos of the truck I’ve seen showed a center console, not a seat in the middle. Also looked like no space for legs in front of the console.

If it’s a deal breaker… what would you buy instead? Maybe an SUV? 6 seats is pretty uncommon now.

PS: It was one of my favorite features too. I’m a bit bummed.

The photos of the truck I’ve seen showed a center console, not a seat in the middle. Also looked like no space for legs in front of the console.

If it’s a deal breaker… what would you buy instead? Maybe an SUV? 6 seats is pretty uncommon now.

PS: It was one of my favorite features too. I’m a bit bummed.

I have a reservation for the R1S as an alternative. It tows 7,000lbs, which is just about the limit of what I needed to tow (RV).

The R1S has a lower range and costs more than the CT, but seats 7 and meets the rest of my needs.

Reactions: Ogre
I have a reservation for the R1S as an alternative. It tows 7,000lbs, which is just about the limit of what I needed to tow (RV).

The R1S has a lower range and costs more than the CT, but seats 7 and meets the rest of my needs.
Fortunately for me, the 6th seat was just a nice option, not a need.

Holding out hope for the option and for sail pillar storage. Neither seems likely based on this version. The frunk looks like it’ll open to the bumper which will be nice.

Reactions: Oil4AsphaultOnly
Placed my bet when Tesla first announced the CT. I finally caved and got a T3. But no way am I canceling my CT deposit. Going to mount battering rams on it and spike me some ICE trucks. Just joking, but ICE trucks are already peeving me off and I only had my T3 just over a week ago.

Reactions: Ogre
The people who complain about the Cybertruck likely love this soul-less turd

1677907357090.jpeg

I preordered a CT then ordered a YLR to see what version I would end up with on the CT. 300miles is plenty... Now I am torn on 2 or 3 motors?

What are we thinking the pricing will be? My guess is $69k for 2 motor, $84K for tri motor, and $140k for 4 motor?
How do you specify the number of motors? I order one a while ago and I didn't have any options? I just looked at my order and selected "Manage" and still don't see a way to specify.

How do you specify the number of motors? I order one a while ago and I didn't have any options? I just looked at my order and selected "Manage" and still don't see a way to specify.
I had the option when I originally put in CT order. I think I did it on week one, so maybe Tesla removed that option later on. You know how Tesla changes that kinda stuff with little notice.

Reactions: Eric9610
Tesla removed the option to set a specific configuration when they pulled pricing off the site back in late 2021. (Not sure about the exact date but it was quite a ways after launch)

I’ve owned two model Y’s since they came out, placed an order for CT last night, as it seems production is actually starting. Both Y’s were to tide me over until CT becomes something real. Who knows, I still might have to order another y in the meantime. If you’re wondering, I drive 30,000+miles/year, so I replace cars every two years, hence changing of vehicles so quickly.

Reactions: AquaY
I’ve owned two model Y’s since they came out, placed an order for CT last night, as it seems production is actually starting. Both Y’s were to tide me over until CT becomes something real. Who knows, I still might have to order another y in the meantime. If you’re wondering, I drive 30,000+miles/year, so I replace cars every two years, hence changing of vehicles so quickly.

But why? There's no maintenance, so what's the benefit from trading in the highest depreciation years? And even if you simply wanted something different, then why replace a Y with another Y?

But why? There's no maintenance, so what's the benefit from trading in the highest depreciation years? And even if you simply wanted something different, then why replace a Y with another Y?
Because:
- I get a healthy car stipend for work
- I’ve been doing this for years, and you generally get the most trade in money on something that has lower miles
- Chicks dig warranties

I have dual and tri motor ordered since the orders opened way back when.

But now I know I'll go for the tri/quad motor version (whichever version has the most power, haha!!).

And 100% I'm getting it camo wrapped.

My plan is to keep my 2020 MYLR and run it into the ground. I love the car and now I'm simply curious how long it will hold up, haha!!

I can't wait to get that notification that my order is ready for configuration!! :)

Reactions: Eric9610