Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Owners - Preordering a Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And you will get 60% of the market value for the Y if you trade in vs selling. Tesla lowballs trade ins, particularly their own vehicles.
I know. What I meant was I'm giving up my Model Y to get the CT. Either sell or trade whichever will give me a higher value. I traded in my Kia when I got my MY because even though Tesla was giving me $300 less than Carmax and other sites that would buy the car, I ended up saving more in sales tax because with a trade in, it lowers the sale price of the car thus lowering the sales tax compared to paying cash (from selling my Kia) for downpayment. I think the difference end up being about $1000 less in sales tax so I actually end up saving about $700.

Reactions: kpanda17
Even though used Tesla prices have dropped, they dropped from insane levels/almost equal to new at the time
Can someone do the analysis of 2019 M3 vs 2019 Camry and compare the percentage drop vs when new?

Iā€™m still very confident in my ability to trade in my Ts
Of course for new Ts

I know. What I meant was I'm giving up my Model Y to get the CT. Either sell or trade whichever will give me a higher value. I traded in my Kia when I got my MY because even though Tesla was giving me $300 less than Carmax and other sites that would buy the car, I ended up saving more in sales tax because with a trade in, it lowers the sale price of the car thus lowering the sales tax compared to paying cash (from selling my Kia) for downpayment. I think the difference end up being about $1000 less in sales tax so I actually end up saving about $700.
Yes, for states where you can do this that makes sense if the price is close. When I sold my 2019 M3 in early 2022 to buy a LR MY, Tesla offered $8,000 less than other companies. And the $8,000 less that they offered was $18,000 less than they were selling the same used car on Tesla.com.
Even though used Tesla prices have dropped, they dropped from insane levels/almost equal to new at the time
Can someone do the analysis of 2019 M3 vs 2019 Camry and compare the percentage drop vs when new?

Iā€™m still very confident in my ability to trade in my Ts
Of course for new Ts
Does T=Toyota or Tesla?

Tesla will always accept a trade, whether they offer market value is a completely different story.

As far as your other question, can you use google and a calculator?

Yes, for states where you can do this that makes sense if the price is close. When I sold my 2019 M3 in early 2022 to buy a LR MY, Tesla offered $8,000 less than other companies. And the $8,000 less that they offered was $18,000 less than they were selling the same used car on Tesla.com.

Does T=Toyota or Tesla?

Tesla will always accept a trade, whether they offer market value is a completely different story.

As far as your other question, can you use google and a calculator?
T for Tesla
My new and used pricing research for a Camry was not making sense
2019 Camry SE in 2023 cost the same
No drop in value, asking for checking my work

But what's with this "range extender"?!?! An optional in-bed expansion battery pack or a full-blown diesel generator?!?!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 1.11.57ā€ÆPM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 1.11.57ā€ÆPM.png
    744.2 KB · Views: 20
And 180 miles less? Don't bury the lead. If it was $100k and 500 miles that is one thing. So they just added a 3rd motor to lower 1.5 seconds on 0-60 and a higher top speed? Same battery size? Why would anyone order a tri motor for $20k more? It does not have a higher towing capacity and likely has a lower payload capacity due to the extra weight of the third motor subtracting from the GVWR. Unless you just want to have the fastest EV truck out there 0-60, there is no benefit to real world usage.

And 180 miles less? Don't bury the lead. If it was $100k and 500 miles that is one thing. So they just added a 3rd motor to lower 1.5 seconds on 0-60 and a higher top speed? Same battery size? Why would anyone order a tri motor for $20k more? It does not have a higher towing capacity and likely has a lower payload capacity due to the extra weight of the third motor subtracting from the GVWR. Unless you just want to have the fastest EV truck out there 0-60, there is no benefit to real world usage.

He's on your side. his original post months ago claimed that the tri-motor was going to be above $100k. I disagreed with him, thinking that's WAY TOO MUCH of a jump. It turns out he was right.

Reactions: uscbucsfan
He's on your side. his original post months ago claimed that the tri-motor was going to be above $100k. I disagreed with him, thinking that's WAY TOO MUCH of a jump. It turns out he was right.
You havenā€™t been following the other threads.

You havenā€™t been following the other threads.

What does that happen to do with anything he said? I said I misread, but doesn't negate that I thought it would be over 100k.

Just like I said there wouldn't be a digital rear-view mirror.

Teslaā€™s V2L is called PowerShare
We are already have charge on solar
So solar to CT or nominally to rhe house once CT is charged
And now PowerShare with the ability to send power from the CT onto the house

I mis-read you. I thought you meant the range extender was going to be used as a powerwall. I see now that's NOT the case.

As for using the CT as a powerwall - HELL NO. I have a powerwall, and it charges from the sun during the day and powers the home at night. It's a great way to defeat SCE's time-of-use rate plans. That's where the ROI for the powerwall comes from. The whole-house-backup is just a side-benefit.

Using your cybertruck as a whole-house-backup is possible, but not guaranteed unless the house load will fit within the 11kw power budget (houses with electric/induction cooktops AND an HVAC greater than 5 tons will NOT). So unless you rarely drive your cybertruck and intend on keeping it constantly plugged into the house, you can't use an EV in place of a powerwall.