Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance vs. GV60...Drag!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I owned 22 myp for 6 months/8k miles and sold it in July, purchased gv60 performance in matterhorm white/teal at the end of August. Love the car!
Have a close look at the car and drive it if you can. Never heard abt any issues with the performance model, nor experienced any.
Couple of things I wish were better- a bit more mileage per charge (although it more than enough for me) and the app, which is archaic compared to Tesla.
Is the GV60 Performance already out? Thought it was a 2023 model

Attachments

• 20220831_121340.jpg
    20220831_121340.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 98
I wonder how many 10 second "boost" I can use during spirited driving on the street. Ford's 5 second and Hyundai/Kia's 10 second limit show they still have a long way to go in terms of the battery thermal management and related technology.
I’ve seen other reviews on this 10s boost and unlike Fords limitation, it seems they can go back to back many many times with this boost. I think Hyundai did a very impressive job with this.

The problem that MOST new EV owners do not know about is when you take your GV60 to the charging station and after spending the first 20 minutes to figure out why things are not working and another 20 minutes waiting on hold when calling the toll free line is when that thought comes……”Damn I should have purchased a Tesla.”
Bought a Samsung TV expecting Apple service when I had to call the 800 number for help 😂

I’ve seen other reviews on this 10s boost and unlike Fords limitation, it seems they can go back to back many many times with this boost. I think Hyundai did a very impressive job with this.
That’s also what I’ve seen from reviews. That leaves me wondering why have that button at all? Wouldn’t it be better to have 100% of the power available at all times?

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
It would be annoying having to press the boost button every time I wanna go fast. With the Y you just push the accelerator all the way down for full power.

For me to do a high speed pass or merge I'd have to first signal, push the boost button, and then accelerate.

Reactions: tm1v2
It would be annoying having to press the boost button every time I wanna go fast. With the Y you just push the accelerator all the way down for full power.

For me to do a high speed pass or merge I'd have to first signal, push the boost button, and then accelerate.
It goes plenty fast (on par with tesla) even without pushing the boost button (used it only once) especially in a sport mode. The car has three modes: eco, normal (I find it adequate 90% of the time) and sport. Also custom, where one can adjust steering, suspension (it has adjustable dumpers), etc... In addition, regen can be adjusted from zero to one pedal driving by using the paddles on the steering wheel. As I said, before making any conclusions have a close look at the car and possibly drive it.

Just wait another 1-2 years and they will all catch up. Does Tesla have fast charging? Tesla doesn't have a lock on battery tech.

I look forward to the competition.
The truth is you can take ALL of the current EV manufacturers…..combined.

Tesla is still bigger than them all.

OTA updates and their Supercharging network are unmatched.

How often do other EV’s get OTA updates or do they? Do you have to take it to the dealer? The horror stories that I hear at 3rd party stations make me stay with Tesla within itself .

The truth is you can take ALL of the current EV manufacturers…..combined.

Tesla is still bigger than them all.

OTA updates and their Supercharging network are unmatched.

How often do other EV’s get OTA updates or do they? Do you have to take it to the dealer? The horror stories that I hear at 3rd party stations make me stay with Tesla within itself .
I believe Tesla is planning to open up their Supercharging network to everyone else. And most people charge at home so that advantage will diminish over time.

Tesla used to be the only game in town but now others are quickly catching up. This is a good thing.

I believe Tesla is planning to open up their Supercharging network to everyone else. And most people charge at home so that advantage will diminish over time.

Tesla used to be the only game in town but now others are quickly catching up. This is a good thing.
I actually charge for free down the street at a PlugShare location. Until someone comes close to Tesla’s OTA updates and SC network I’m sorry but the others are still far off while Tesla keeps gaining new tech years ahead of the others.

I test drove the top trim of the GV60 yesterday. Fit and finish is excellent. Really a well packaged car.

HOWEVER.... it was nowhere near as fast as my MYP (and if you know me, I'm no Tesla fanboy). Even with the boost button, it was still noticeably slower (but not slow by any means), which makes me wonder about this comparison. And for those wondering, yes, you can just hammer away at the boost button over and over again, which is nice, but at the same time kind of annoying.

I test drove the top trim of the GV60 yesterday. Fit and finish is excellent. Really a well packaged car.

HOWEVER.... it was nowhere near as fast as my MYP (and if you know me, I'm no Tesla fanboy). Even with the boost button, it was still noticeably slower (but not slow by any means), which makes me wonder about this comparison. And for those wondering, yes, you can just hammer away at the boost button over and over again, which is nice, but at the same time kind of annoying.
That video makes many of us wonder how accurate his results are and who is paying him to flat out lie.

How's the suspension and road noise? It's definitely fast enough for most people.