Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance vs. GV60...Drag!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is not popular to say in a Tesla forum but had the Ioniq 5 been available when I bought my Y, I may be driving a Hyundai instead.

I love my Y except for the ride, lack of physical controls and no driver display. At current Y prices, the GV60 at MSRP (just the Advanced trim) looks really good.
Now is the time to sell or trade. I wouldn’t wait much longer as the used market is stating to return to normal.
Looks like you let off the gas pedal too soon.
That has been pointed out to me by others. That was my first time and I’m sure I bailed out early. So no telling what I left on the table.

Reactions: MY-Y
Now is the time to sell or trade. I wouldn’t wait much longer as the used market is stating to return to normal.

That has been pointed out to me by others. That was my first time and I’m sure I bailed out early. So no telling what I left on the table.
I appreciate the info either way.

I'd estimate your run would be within 0.1 second and a few MPH if you kept on it a hair longer.

Well, Tesla kind of allowed the competition to catch up in a way. I mean truthfully, is the Model Y that you can by today that much better than the one you could have bought two years ago? Not really. And here we were promised track mode, magical OTA updates that would unlock new features, power, etc. Still waiting.......

I've had my car about 18 months and have had a decent amount of features added...

Green Light chime
Remote sentry camera access
Blinkers turning on side cameras
Auto heated seats
Immersive sound
Light show (not really useful, but fun)
Improved visualizations...
Plus constant improvements in range calculations.

I dunno, I feel like my car is still new with all the added stuff and I'm sure I'm forgetting things

12.33 for a MYP is slow, something isn’t right.
5Ei6neU.png

just tested my 2022 MYP with 18” wheels and 245/50 tires. On the 21s I ran a 12.09

For all of the Hyundai/KIA EV fans out there.

“The brand’s biggest challenge for EV growth is its lack of incentive compliance. Currently, customers looking to get a Federal EV tax credit cannot redeem it on a Hyundai vehicle because it is not assembled in the US. The company is working hard to establish its first US-based EV production facility in Georgia. However, the facility is still at least a year away from being able to produce any vehicles at all.”

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
It's so weird that the NorthAm final assembly clause kicked in immediately instead of end of year. Didn't really give them time to react or prepare.

I was in negotiation to get a foreign PHEV and once the bill passed... so did I.

I saw this new video of the GV60 vs an MYLR-AB that I found interesting. It looks like speed-wise the GV60 is basically an MYLR-AB with the boost button turning it into an MYP for 10 seconds. I think it's a pretty good comparison test and they disclosed the starting SOC for each car.

Reactions: nate704
I saw this new video of the GV60 vs an MYLR-AB that I found interesting. It looks like speed-wise the GV60 is basically an MYLR-AB with the boost button turning it into an MYP for 10 seconds. I think it's a pretty good comparison test and they disclosed the starting SOC for each car.

Important to note, they raced a MYLR7 (not 5 seater which is a little lighter). Personally I'm glad they did because that's the exact car I have, but those with less seats probably are slightly faster.

I really wish ppl would do 40-70 tests...

Reactions: nate704
Important to note, they raced a MYLR7 (not 5 seater which is a little lighter). Personally I'm glad they did because that's the exact car I have, but those with less seats probably are slightly faster.

I really wish ppl would do 40-70 tests...

The GV60 would be neck to neck with the MYP. Its trapping at 114mph in the quarter which is similar to the MYP. Its whoever hits the accelerator first (and that boost button) that wins. Cars that close is all up to the driver.

I thought the guy said theres a 10sec limit (which is plenty to be honest). The Mach-E's 5sec limit is debatable, but if you're racing someone more than 10sec on a public road, you're WELL into illegal speeds

Yeah but after 10s, it seems the drop-off isn't there like the Mach E. I bet you only get that extra horsepower when its below the 100mph threshold as its in the peak powerband. I doubt you'd see much benefit to the boost past triple digits

Then, why would they put a button? They can simply make that "unlimited" power available all the time like MYP without a button.

Maybe it cuts into reliability if you have it the whole time? One can only speculate right. I trust Tesla powertrains much more as they are proven to be very reliable even with hard use.